Stronger Feelings

Dear Diary

Kevin cleared his throat and thought about it for a while. Eli smiled to himself and shifted into a more comfortable position in his bed.

Kevin started to sing a song that he had written after his break-up with Janice, Memories (the one he sang when he was still in xing). At first, his voice was shaky but soon turned into its usual windchime-like self. Eli's eyes widened, amazed by this guy's lovely girl-like voice. A smile broke out on his face and he relaxed his muscles. All his thoughts flew away and he felt as if he was floating in clouds.

However, Kevin was the opposite. As soon as he started singing, the painful memories from the break-up returned to haunt him. He closed his eyes while tears threatened to drop. *It's all over between you and me, Janice. I won't cry. I'm not that girly guy you knew anymore.* Kevin squeezed his blanket to keep himself together and continued to sing.

Finally, he finished. He opened his eyes. He did it. He did it without crying. Janice was officially out of his life.

There was no reaction from Eli. "Eli?" Kevin whispered. Soft snores were heard on the other side of the line. Kevin chuckled under his breath. *That's so cute.* Eli snored again.

"Goodnight, Eli," he whispered. He smiled and hung up, hugging his phone to his chest. After giddily showering, Kevin also went to bed.

-----

"Bye, mum," Kevin shouted as he pulled his school shoes on.

"Have some breakfast," his mum called back. Kevin pulled his bag on. "Sorry, I want to get to school early. See you later, mum." He planted a kiss on her cheek and ran out the door, leaving her stunned. A smile came onto her face and she shook her head. *This kid.. I know exactly what's going through his mind.* She shut the door and went back to the kitchen.

Kevin made his way into the school. He glanced around, looking for him. Girls squealed as he passed.

"Good morning, Kevin," they cooed. He goodnaturedly bowed his head slightly and moved to his locker. The girls swooned and rushed off to tell their friends that the Kevin just acknowledged them.

Kevin opened his locker and pulled his maths textbook out. Suddenly, a voice caught his attention. His head perked up and he arched his back to look past the locker door. *Oh, I thought he was there.*

"Boo," someone whispered into his ear on the other side. Kevin jumped in surprise and turned his head quickly. During the process, he hit his head on the locker door.

"AHHH!" Kevin clutched onto his throbbing head.

"Woah, you kay mate?" Eli patted his back. Kevin straightend up, still rubbing the painful spot. Eli burst into laughter. Kevin made a face, "Yah, don't laugh at me."

"Arasseo, arasseo." He pressed his lips into a line but ended up bursting into another round of crazy laughs. Kevin pouted and slammed his locker door shut. Eli shut up at once.

Kevin ignored him and went off to class. Eli chased after him. "Hey, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" Kevin just hugged the textbook and walked on.

"Are you mad at me?" Eli asked.

"No," Kevin gave a short answer.

Eli smiled. "Good." He grabbed Kevin's wrist. Instantly, Kevin softened.

Eli looked him in the eyes. "I'm so sorry I slept on you last night."

"It's okay," Kevin whispered dreamily.

"Let's go to class now." The bell rang, making him snap out of it. Eli dragged him to the classroom. Kevin looked down as his hand.

*My feelings for him have grown stronger... Is this right though...?*