Ready to Go!

Dear Diary

"Kevin, your friend is here!" Kevin's mum shouted. Kevin looked up from his book. Eli! He ran downstairs and saw Eli catching his breath.

"Why are you here?" Kevin tilted his head.

"Last minute preparation for you, of course. What else?" Eli said between uneven breaths, "And you better be grateful. I ran all the way here.

Kevin tilted his head even further, "You have a car, don't you?"

Eli meekly smiled, "Eunhye took it. Said she needed to go somewhere."

"Oh," was all Kevin could say. Eli wrapped an arm around Kevin's neck and pulled him close. Kevin's heart was beating fast and he just hoped that Eli couldn't hear it.

"I heard you got a pretty cute date. Lee Mina, was it?" Eli said. Suddenly, Kevin's heart wasn't accelerating for Eli. Instead, it was right about to jump out of his chest at Mina's name. Kevin nodded, beaming.

Eli moved back a bit and looked at Kevin's hot suit, "Ayyye, you're even wearing good clothes. You're ready to go, aren't you?" With his arm still around Kevin's neck, he ruffled Kevin's hair with his other arm. "Ah, Eli! You're messing my hair up."

Just then, Kevin's mum came in, "Like his clothes? I picked them. And doesn't the dance start at 7?"

Eli and Kevin both turned to look at the clock. It was 6:30 already. "Ngaw, shi-" Eli started saying but then realised he shouldn't swear in front of a parent. "Eeeep are so cute," he awkwardly finished his sentence before dragging Kevin towards the door, "Bye omonim!" Mrs. Woo laughed, shaking her head.

With a last look at his hair through the mirror, Kevin pulled his shoes on and ran out after Eli. "Wait... Omonim?" Kevin raised an eyebrow. Eli smiled, "Of course! We're best friends right? So your mum is my mum. Come on, you're late. Mina might get angry."

Kevin's attention snapped, "Oh, Mina!" Quickly, he ran toward's Mina's house.

Eli was left standing there with his mouth open. "Wow, did he have to leave THAT quickly?" Sighing, he walked to the school where the dance would be held.

"Aish. Guys are meant to pick their dates up, aren't they? But I'm left with walking there alone because my date took my car, wonderful," he complained out loud.

But a smile crept up onto his face. "Oh well. I LOVE EUNHYE," he shouted.

Dogs in the neighbourhood started barking. An ahjumma looked up from her garden and shook her head, "Stupid teenagers falling in love."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARE YOU READY TO PARTAAAY IN THE NEXT CHAPTER? ;)       -carissaaaax