The Arrangement Meeting

Untangle You

“Bye Na-chan!” I waved to Na-chan as her car strolled fast leaving the front gate of my house. Dad said he can’t pick up me from the airport because he got something to do. So yeah, I ride with Na-chan. She’s kind enough to usher me until my house.

I dragged my mini suitcase, I don’t know why this bag getting heavier and heavier with the steps I took. Or this is just my gloomy mood. I don’t know. Mom already stand by at the front door, and immediately helped me carried the suitcase. She hugged me afterwards.

“I miss you aegi…” She said as she released the hug. I nodded and smiled back to her.

“Where’s appa?” I asked her while my eyes travelled around the house. Searching for the tall figure I always known.

“He’ll be home in just a minutes. He’s already on the way.” Mom replied. She patted my cheek twice. Instantly reminded me of Daehyun. I frowned. Again. She looked didn’t notice my change of mood, then she just walk away went to the dining table.

“You must be hungry.” She said. I approached her and dazzled by the foods on the table. I could see Japchae, a big plate of yangnyeom tongdak, 6 bowls of soondubu jiggae, and of course, six mini bowls of kmichi next to it.

“Omma…are we having a party?” I asked, didn’t bother to turn around my eyes and keep glued on the foods. She just stared at me back for a seconds.

“No, we’ll have a guest. Omma and Appa’s chingu. You should change into a presentable clothes. Go go.” She lead me into the staircase, While I just glancing at her in confusion.

=================================================================

I changed into simple blue top, with white flowers as the spots. Geez I really like flowers these days. And a plain white skirt. I checked myself in the mirror for a while. Hmm, I look presentable enough.

When I went down, I saw Mom and Dad already changed their clothes too. Well, Dad didn’t change his work outfit I presume. Mom wearing her favorite peach silk dress. She said she looks ten times younger wearing that, no wonder she wore it often.

I went straight to the fridge, took my bluberry ice cream. It Already prepared beautifully with a spoon in the fridge. How I love it when Mom in home. I closed the fridge then went straight to the sofa with a glass of ice cream. Mom and Dad followed me too. I took a big scoop of ice cream, really really clueless with what’s going on right now.

“Ehem.” Dad coughed, made my attention turn into him. I saw their faces become serious and firm.

“Nayoung-ah, Omma and Appa will tell you a news. A big news. All you have to do is just listen, and process it in your mind. We made this decision already far before you entered elementary school. Don’t make things become harder for Omma and Appa. But first of all, just listen and don’t interrupt.” Dad said lengthy. *What’s going on…* I glanced back and forth from Mom’s face to Dad’s face. I nodded, with mouth still nibbled my spoon. Mom inhaled, then said,

“Nayoung-ah, my aegi, you’re getting married.” Six words. Six shocking words. That succeed made the spoon fell with a cranky noise on the floor. I was dumbfounded.

“WH-WHAT?!” I chimed, a whisper but turn out to be a fast airy shout. *This is can’t be happening*. I tried to calming my shocked heart by inhaling and exhaling a few air. Thank god it works.

“W-wi-with w-ho?..” I stuttered. I can’t laugh at this, or screamed ‘NICE JOKE OMMA!’ because their face really really serious this time. And plus, Dad also step in at talking this. If Dad already lend a hand, it must be a really serious –not-joking- matter.

“His name is-“

HONK! HONK!

Dad’s reply being cutted in because of car’s horn from the front house.

“They’re here!” Mom’s serious face vanished with a cheerful smile. She rose from the sofa and hurriedly went to the front fence. While I’m here froze with a sweating hand and minds full of questions and plans. Plans to runaway. Dad also rose following Mom, but he stopped then turn around approaching me.

“Be good. Don’t ever try to do weird things.” Dad whispered, but succeed made the chills streaming trough my spine. *Oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh I.NEED.TO.CALM.DOWN. Inhale…exhale…inhale…exhale..It’s ok. Everything is gonna be alright. Don’t panic!*

I slapped my cheeks softly. Then put the best smile I’ve got. Just like what Mom already taught me, we have to welcome our guest, whoever they are, with the best we have. I slowly stand up, with my hands squirmed in nervouseness. Waiting the guest entered in just few seconds. My teeth can’t stand still, kept biting my bottom lip. I was stopped when a low fatherly voice coming nearer as the figure entered the house.

“Good evening.” He said. I gulped in nervouseness. His face brighten up as his eyes turned to a crescent moon when he saw me. I approached him and bowed politely.

“A-annyeong haseyo.” I smiled sheepishly. Mom coming along afterwards while laughing and smiling with a woman next to her. They look like in the same age. The woman reactions is the same like her husband. She instantly approached me.

“Is this Nayoung??” She said with an amazed face. I nodded awkwardly. Without hesitation, she gave me a breathtaking hug. My eyes widened in surprise.

“You already grown up!!” She squealed as she released the hug. Then she giggled excitedly, all I can do here is just let out an awkward laugh. She then sat on the sofa next to her husband.

Three seconds that feels like a  minutes to me, brought two tall fugires into the house. I was shocked with the person that standing next to my Dad, wearing a chic black tuxedo with a black sneakers as his shoes. I know my face already so priceless right now. A short shriek scream coming from my mouth as his jaw fell when he saw my face.

“AAHH!!” I screamed with finger pointing his figure. His eyes closed as he mumbled something that loud enough for all the people in the room to hear.

“I knew it…” He said, pinching the bridge of his pointed-perfect nose.

Darn, this day can’t be more surprising enough!

=============================================================================

Who is the namja?? GUESS! XP

sorry if this is so short DX