Separated

Untangle You

Days passed so quickly, and it is already the time for me and other to go back to Korea. Not to mention Dae’s and Myung’s school too. I kinda have a feeling that we will be in the same plane.

Students going back and forth, putting in the baggage into the bus, then crowdedly filling the hotel’s café. We ate breakfast first before we straight to the airport. The silence café turns out full of chattering and people’s talking. I took my tray and standing in the line. The food being arranged just like in buffet. I can see a fresh salads with a thousands island mayonnaise next to it. A fresh billowed meats smells everwhere. Mushroom soups, dozens of braised chickens steaming in skillet, ugh, Made my tummy growl hungrily like a wolf. AWOOO HAHAHA.

“Calm your tummy girlll!” A hoarse voice echoed from behind. My body instantly spun around just to meet a cute sleepy face of Myungsoo. His hair still messy but weirdly his clothes already presentable to go out. He laughed, just to make me stumbling into a deep embarrassing moment.

My face turns out sooo red like a tomato, somebody fanning me please. This is the kind of blushing because of shy mixed with embarrassment. Gah. When I’m in front of him, (THIS CLOSE), I can’t control my reaction so I turned out quite like a derp kid.

I instantly turn around and back focusing on queued.

“Nayoung-ah.” He called me. Already using banmal. Even though we’re not really close yet. But he insisted.

“Yes?” I squeaked. I felt so uncomfortable, sensed he’s staring at me right now. I slowly turned my head around, just to see his meaningful stare. His stare always mysterious but has a meaning behind it.

“Why you are so, uhm…shy? Around me..” He asked as his hands the back of his neck. Kind of nervous asking me that.

“Well…that’s not exactly-……” The words stopped middle sentence because of his phone rang loudly. He startled by himself, just to make my smile blooming a little. Realized the air behind me felt more stronger and just like what I thought, I missed the line kind of far away. Glad there’s no one slipped in. I instantly walking fast ahead him, leaving the busy Myungsoo with his phone.

=======================================================================================

I didn’t talk to Myungsoo at all since that moment. But I can feel it that he’s trying to talk to me a few times. Or I’m just being delusional. Yea right, I’m being delusional. He probably wanted to approach Na-chan. Yep that’s the most rational reason.

The hanyang’s students entered the plane, made the atmosphere hectic and funny at the same time. Boys and girls chattering here and there, searching, mixing seat partners just only for two hours. Well, that’s all we do right.

Suddenly I’m left alone, seeing Na-chan alredy being dragged by the boys. The boys made a rules that this time we should seated boy with a girl. Well, a boy named Nam Woohyun from class XI-A hurriedly claiming Na-chan as his seat partner. I just sighed when she mouthed ‘sorry’ to me. She can’t resist because he insisted. I just shook my head. Feeling more dissaponted because nobody asking me to be his seat partner. *Am I really really that not attractive?!* I was dumbfounded.

Suddenly I felt a tap on my back, beaming me with a slight of hope. I turn around, and for my disappointment, it’s the flight attendant telling politely to not standing in the middle of the aisle. I smiled in embarrassment and awkwardly sat at any seat that remained empty. Because my tickets already being traded a few times before. So I guess, one section of economy class already booked only for Hanyang’s students. I sat right at the back, next to the window. Well, kinda cheering me up a little bit. I saw Na-chan seated a little bit faraway in the front, she’s searching me too. I waved to her and her face lit up with an apologetic smile. I smiled back, reassuring her.

I sighed, and keep my focus on the scenery outside. The airfield looks desserted, but filled with a few technicians. The crowded atmosphere slowly fading around me, left me with an empty air that conduct a constant tap sound from my bored fingers. God really unfair to me  this time.

I decided to put on my iPod. Glanced to my next empty seat, it looks like all the students from Hanyang already got their own seat, so that means, the seat next to me will be filled with a stranger. A fat black guy, roaming back and forth, probably searching for his seat. His belly is so big, the buttons might be broken off just in a minute. His eyes travelled everywhere, I pretend to not care, but actually I’m praying inside.

“Please plase please he’s not sitting right next to meee……” I whispered as I closed my eyes. He suddenly glanced for a few firm seconds, looking back and forth from my seat to his ticket. Succeed made me gulped. *no no no no!!!*

Suddenly a plopped sound streaking trough my ears. I startled a little bit, didn’t open my eyes yet. *Don’t tell me…*  I slowly but sure, opened my eyes little by little. A warm relieved feelings rushed into my heart as my eyes’s vision filled with a bright cheeky smile of the person that seated next to me.

“Why are you closing your eyes?” The not-unfamiliar husky voice asking me as his face nudged closer to mine. My smile blooming in a second. Jung Daehyun, you’re my savior.

 

==============================================================================================

“Can I take your pudding?” He asked me with a mouth still muching his bread. My eyes glanced at him, staring at him from head to toe. Caught up his clothes, that really, hmm… what should I call it? Revealing? Yes that’s the perfect word.

He’s wearing a simple sleeveless dark brown t-shirt. Showing his well-work out biceps. And a plain cobalt short. Until his knee. And a mountain slippers. Suddenly His hand took my pudding without hesitation.

“Hey! Who gave you the permission!” My hands hurriedly snatched the pudding. He frowned.

“You stingy little girl….” He mumbled. Then took my half-eaten bread and put it into his mouth in one gulp. Smirked as if he had done something victorious. I was dumbfounded. My hands instantly put the pudding down and punched his side few times.

“How-dare-you…” I regret it. Totally regret it, being relieved that he’s being my seat mate. He’s just so annoying for the god’s sake! My focus back to my pudding and instantly finished it in a second. Cautious that he might trying to snatched my one and only snack left. I smirked in victory with a mouth full of pudding to him. He smiled adoringly mixed with mocking tone to me.

“Aww… you cute squirrel.” He piched my cheek. HARD. I choked a little.

“AW IT HURTS!” My hands automatically slapped his hand, and puching his arm. He ow!-ing for a few times in the middle of his hysterical laugh. I grew tired so I just stopped and look at the window. Starting to ignoring him.

A soft poke suddenly touching my back.

“Yah, are you mad?” He asked. I ignored him. He then poked me few times when I’m not replying him. And it started to tickles. I can’t stand it when someone tickling me like that.

“Stt-stop! Stop it!” I asked in the middle of my laugh. I turn around just to see Daehyun’s amused-naughty face that really near to me. His face just made me laugh more hysterically.

He suddenly stopped when he saw the sudden change of my expressions. My laugh slowly reducing and turned into a flat-nervous one. My eyes fixed into someone that walking slowly near to us. Daehyun following where my eyes fixed. And both of us met Myungsoo’s weird-unreadable anxious stare for a slight second. Leaving my with a pounding heart cause his eyes actually, focused on me. Not Daehyun.

================================================================================================

The rest of a hour filled with a silence between me and Daehyun. I slowly grew anxious. It’s nearer to arrive now, I don’t want to separate with Dae in an atmosphere like this. I poked his arm. He look up, finally look away from his phone screen.

“Hm?” He replied.

“Are you mad?” I asked. Suddenly I saw his face melted from the icy stoned face before. He smiled softly at me.

“Why should I mad at you?” He said. Finally back to his cheerful side. I smiled.

“Thank god. I thought you were mad at me…” I my chest in relieved. He let out a small boyish laugh.

Suddenly the flight attendant announced that we’re already arrived at Incheon airport. Home sweet home. I frowned and look at Daehyun.

“Well, we’re arrived.” He said as he got up and took his backpack in the baggage above us. He looked back at me, seeing me not moving. He then chuckled by my expression.

“C’mon, you have my number right?” He said as he grab my hand and set me to my feet. I nodded.

“I’ll see you later.” He patted my cheek twice. Then go back to his group. I just keep stared at him with a sudden sad feeling around my chest. I don’t know why I felt so sad parting with him like this. 

===========================================

Sorry if this is dissapointing. I'll update again!

CIAO! ;)