Friendly Maroon

Untangle You

We ended up walking to the smoothie booth together. ‘We’ is mean me and the maroon trunks boy. Now I know his name is Daehyun. Jung Daehyun. He’s from Kyunghee. Another high school that not really far from Hanyang, my school. Despite his handsome face, he’s really nice and fun to talk with. The awkward wall instantly collapsed when he started talking.

Daehyun POV

“Anyways, why you were greeting me back then?” she asked bluntly to me.  I was kinda taken aback with her question but I immediately smiled while she’s waiting for my answer with her big doe eyes.

“Err…I don’t know. I just feel like it.” I shrugged. Make it like a simple matter. But actually I’m kinda nervous inside. She just chuckled by my answer.

“Um, can I ask you a question?” She suddenly chimed.

“You are already asking me questions since then Nayoung-sshi” I answered while chuckled. She smiled in embarrassment. Almost choked up on her smoothie. And almost made me giggled but I manage to hold it.

“Drop the formalities, just call me Nayoung!” She replied. I smiled, kinda surprised a little bit.

“Okay then, Na..young-ah… What do you want to ask about?” I said as I slurped my choco-berry smoothie. She played with her finger, kinda hesitated a little bit.

“Um.. do you know the name of the boy with the black trunks?” I can saw her face turn into a little crimson.

“His name is Myungsoo. Wae? Don’t tell me…you like him?” I was totally suspicious but keep it cool on the outside. Fake a little smirk to .

She’s totally flustered. “A-anii! Just curious….” Answer her. My smirk faded by her reaction. There’s a bit stung of pain seeing her face blushing like that. Well, not because of me. My mind just know that because it’s because of other people. Why am I reacting this way by the way? I don’t know either. Stop being delusional daehyun-ah! I instantly faked a laugh.

“Aah… keure? Do you want me to introduce you to him then?” Why my mouth saying those things?! Crap my stupid mouth…. Her eyes widened, then a cute smile spreading over her face. She nodded her head excitedly. I was shocked a bit but then, I covered it again with a smile.

“O-okay then! I’ll introduce you to him..” I’m a little bit hesitated. She smiled.

We didn’t realize we already near our canopy. When she look straight again, she suddenly stopped. I furrowed my eyebrows with the sudden change of her expression. I followed her gaze and see Myungsoo sitting in her canopy, talking with a girl that looks kinda nonchalant with him.

Well, now I must really really introduce them then. *sigh*

NaYoung POV

Four of us ended up talking together in my canopy. Daehyun introduced me to him, his name is Myungsoo. He’s Daehyun’s bestfriend. Myungsoo is a nice guy and started the conversation. I answered shortly because I’m shy. He also tried talking with Na-chan (which is full effort in my eyes), but Na-chan looks so nonchalant. I can see she keep took a secret glance to Daehyun. Who just smiled at the time. After two times asking the same question, Na-chan answered Myungsoo question. Then Myungsoo keep the conversation last long, made me felt kinda left out. I frowned silently. And decided to swim because the weather getting more shady from before. Which is my favourite. I stand silently and left them. I can see Na-chan became confortable with Myungsoo and didn’t even realize I’m gone. I frowned. Then just slip it out and walked to the shore.

The big tides getting lesser and lesser, only left a strains of slow waves. I swam back and forth, then felt a slimey thing touching my skin. I dive, and saw  fishes swimming into the beautiful corals.

After my breath getting less, I swam up. And fixing my hair, wiped my wet face to clear my vision. Suddenly I see a shadow swimming coming nearer.

Is that a shark?

I back away three steps, shivered a little. My feet keep moving to keep me floating. When the shadow right in front of me, It popped up, I startled, then showing Daehyun’s smiling face teasingly.

“Gotcha!” He barked. I replied him with a bored face.

“You scaring me you know that!” I replied and swam, diving leaving him. I can hear him chukled but I keep go on. I know he’s following me behind but I just shrug it off. I closed my eyes, fell into a deep soothing moment. Suddenly a hand grab my leg, ruining my balance. My eyes widened, and I accidentally open up my mouth, gasped after the sudden touch. Made me swallow a bunch of water. My hands moved panickly going up, searching for an air.

“Uhuk uhuk!” I coughed when I reached the air. A big warm hands touching my shoulders, shaking me a little.

“Neo gwencana?!” A panic raspy voice echoed in ears. A none other than Daehyun’s voice. I nodded twice while wiping my wet face. I looked up and see Daehyun’s worried face. He’s fixing a strand of hair in my face. I twitched by his actions, and running away while answering,

“I’m okay.” As I walked back to the shore. He followed me and suddenly grab my hand and spun me around.

“I’m sorry.” He said apologetically. A droplets of water dripping in his hair, streaming down into his skins. Made my heart jittered oddly. I want to release his grip but my hand become immobile. The nervousness increasing second by second. I look away and answered, “I-it’s okay. I’m okay.”

“I’m truly sorry, I didn’t mean to harm you. Please don’t be mad at me.” He said.

“Oh, no no no. I’m not mad at you! Even a little bit. It’s okay Daehyun-ah, it was just an accident.” I smiled, reassuring him.

“But…I still feel guilty…what should I do to you? Hmm… treating you ice cream maybe? Or smoothie?” He offered. My eyes widened.

“An ice cream?! Really?!! I want it!” I replied. My childish self come out again unwittingly. Well when it comes to something I like, I can’t resist it. Daehyun then smiled in satisfaction.

“Okay then.” He walked, still holding my hand firmly, going trough the ice cream cart near the smoothie shop before. I just follow his lead. Both of us clueless that there’s someone staring at us intently since before.

========================================================================

Am I too fast? =.=" 

mianhe TT^TT