Complication

Untangle You

“Nayoung-aaah, Nayoung-ah!!”

“YES?!” A voice made me awake from spacing out. I blinked for a few times, just to see Na-chan’s face in front of me.

“Hello to earth Young-ah..Why are you keep spacing out like that?” She asked me.

“What? Me? I didn’t spacing out…” I fumbled with my fingers. She just gave me a ‘duh’ face in reply.

“Okay spill it out.” She demanded. Oh what a nice offer, but no thanks Na-chan. Telling it to you? Will be the death sentence of me.

“Nooo, what to spill? I’m okay!” I replied, hoping it would sound cheery like the usual me. But I knew Na-chan wouldn’t buy it. I could see her eyes getting tinier, glancing at me full of suspicion. But I kept my face as normal as I could.

“Very well then. But you must tell me later…” She put down the topic, maybe sensing I didn’t want to talk about it today. But I might not tell you at all Na-chan. Not now, not ever. Knowing it’ll break your heart.

It’s been three days since that day, the day I visited Dae at his house. The day he Kissed me… And I hadn’t meet with him again. Because I might gonna embarrass myself if he ever stand in front of me again. It was stupid of me, breaking the kiss and running outside just like that, before manage things with him. Oh hell, I didn’t even say a single word to him.

He kept calling me, texting me. Asking me to meet him just once. But I always avoided it. I knew I was so mean, but I couldn’t help it. Because of that incident, my feeling turned into a mess. I couldn’t dechiper what was my feeling towards Dae, or even Myungsoo.

Sigh, why life was so complicated?

I went to school just like usual after that, couldn’t help to feel a little bit relieved that he was in a different school from mine. But, where did he got my number from? It must be Myungsoo. ARRGHHH I couldn’t stop spacing out, my mind seemed like always flying back to that time, turning on the memories of his heat, his breath, his lips…

Oh , I was spacing out again. GAAAH…

I hadn’t seen Myungsoo also, but I could careless. I prefer myself to be alone right now. Included, no Na-chan. I needed time to think. All of this were just confusing. Daehyun must be confused also. Or worst, he might be angry with me…knowing he hadn’t contact me at all today…

“Pabo…pabo…pabo…” I mumbled as my hand knocking my head. ARGHHHH WHY AM I SO PABO?!! Why I had to run away like that?!

Sigh…I needed more time to think. Maybe another one day.

 

====================================================================================

Maybe I was wrong, because Dae was standing right in front of me right now. Waiting for me in front of the school gate. I could see girls whispering seeing him. Why were they whispering?

“Nayoung-ah.” He called, oh stupid, I was late a milliseconds to avoid his eye contact. But when he called me, I hurriedly turned around my heels, heading back to the school.

But then a moment after I pivoted, I sound of running feet catching up behind me, and a hand grabbed my wrist afterwards. Spun me around, facing him with huffed breath.

“Yah don’t run!” He snarled. A little bit pissed off. I just kept silence with face bent down, hiding my blushing-madly face. I heard Daehyun chuckled, I presume, In annoyance. Then he dragged me to his bike. I kept struggling from his grasp, but his grip seemed unfazed. It locked mine like a handcuff.

“Ugghh….” I keep squirmed, while he could careless. People probably seeing us like a brother calming his little sister.

He released his hand, as he wanted to put on his helmet. But I took that chance to turn around and runaway again. Daehyun was surprised, but his reflect was fast and he caught me again in no time. He spun my wrist again, but this time his other hand grabbed my waist, pulled my body up to his shoulder. I squeaked. He took me like a sack of rice. Yet I saw no trace of heaviness in his face. Oh boy.

He put me down right on the passanger seat. I turned quite, still surprised from before. He swifly seated himself on the front, right before I woke up and start running again. He pressed the gas hard, making the bike and me stumbled, waking me up in an instant, just  to grip his torso like a startled cat.

 

================================================================================

The motorcycle roared calmly in the afternoon street of Seoul. All along the ride, Daehyun didn’t open his voice even just once. Made me fell silent too. Didn’t know what to say. I didn’t really know where we were heading too, because the atmosphere between us made the weird feeling, and a little bit guilt, rose again in me.

The bike slowly being parked. I found myself being spacing out, just looking at daehyun silently get off from the bike. Open his helmet, then ruffling his hair. He found me staring, and It suddenly turned weird between us.

He was staring at me with an unreadable eyes. Then he took my hand, helping me to get off from the bike, guiding me to the nearest swings not far from the parking lot. Oh we’re in the park. My mind just realized when I sat in the green swing.

Daehyun standing in front of me, with one of his hand slumped in one of his pocket. His eyes boring at me silently. Oh boy.

My face grew hot again, while my body became stiff. I instantly bent my face down, again.

“Yah Nayoung-ah.” He called. His low timbre echoed in my ears, made me weirdly shivered. But I stayed still, didn’t want to face him right now. I’m not ready yet!

“It’s been three days already, are you still keep ignoring me?” He said. It sounded flat, but somehow I heard a glint of pain in it. There’s a silence between us afterwards. And I decided to look up to him.

I saw his eyes flashing, a confusion, yet hurt feeling. Turning my stomach into an uneasy somersault.

“I…” I started to open my voice, but nothing’s come out. It felt like, the words inside my brain jumbled up together then Poof! It all gone.

“If you expect me to apologize, then no. Because I didn’t regret any of it I’ve done at all.” He silently said, with a stern face. Anger could be seen in his stare. What? Apology? Who wants apology?!

“N-no! I don’t want your apology!” I defensively replied him. What was he thinking?!

“Then why were you avoiding me?!” His voice suddenly raised one octave from before. Turning my voice up too.

“I wasn’t avoiding you! I-I just….I just….” But my voice gradually died down, not knowing what to reply.

“Just what?!” He said again, as he turned crouching in front of me. Why he keeps yelling like that?! I annoyedly grumbled in my head. Is he mad at me?

“FINE! I JUST DON’T KNOW HOW TO FACE YOU AFTER…after…uhh…” I yelled back, but just like before, it died down into a tiny whisper.

“Pffftt…” He suddenly laughed. His eyes turned into crescent moon.

“YAH! Why are laugh-“ My sentence was cut when his face suddenly nearing mine. My heart stopped, his face was so near. Our noses were brushing each other. His breath kept hitting the skin of my lips. Turning it humid, without I have to moist it.

“Y-YAH!” I instantly get up, making him stumbled backwards. Fell on his . I ignored him wincing as I walked to the other side of the park, where the slides placed.

I sat behind the slide, where the area was shadowed and safe from the light. I sat there huffing, calming myself up. But still, Daehyun following me.

He sat in front of me, above the mound of died pine leaves which not far from there. He’s staring at me, while I kept avoiding his gaze with an annoyed scowl on my face.

We’re sitting there like a weirdo.

But then, as myself not ready yet to talk with him, I put out my phone and texted him.

What is it Dae…

I pressed send, and saw him took his phone. He glanced at me after he read those, then started to text back.

Nothing just want to meet you.

Oh , my face must be like a tomato. I shakily texted back.

But I’m not. Liar.

One of his eyebrows raised after he read my reply.

O really?

Because I think, we still have business to talk to

NOT THAT- pleaseeee I whined in my head.

What business…

He replied with a ghost of smirk on his face

‘That’ business…

I squirmed on my place

But I don’t want to talk about that…

He glanced at me.

Well I presume you know what I mean.

Busted.

Then another message come again to my phone.

 

But I like you, what should I do then?

 

And with that, my breath stopped, I instantly look up to him. And met his brown orbs staring into mine. Full of seriousness in it.

================================================================================

It was a peaceful night in the Kim’s residence. Mr. Kim sipped his tea, so did Mrs. Kim. He straightened the newspaper as he flipped to the next page. Myungsoo had been waiting for this time, where his father and mother were available in the house. Not roaming around tripping here and there.

With cozy, calm aura around them. When they were in their good mood.

He find himself fumbling with his fingers. A little bit nervous with what he was going to say.

You can do this Myungsoo. Just say it, fast, and loud enough.

He slowly looked up, meeting his eyes with his mother’s questioning eyes. His father probably sensing the quite aura, so he shifted his eyes from the pages, and looking at his son.

“What is it son?” He said. His mom nodded too, agreed with the question.

This is it then.

He took a short breath, and said,

“Mom, dad, I want to end my engagement with Nayoung.”

And the room fell silent.

====================================================================================

/kill me now/ 

/I'm already drowning in a sea of guilt/

/for not updating so long/

nonetheless, enjoy the chapter! 

XOXO <3