Suddenly Growing

Untangle You

“DAE-DAEEE!!!!” I jumped excitedly, while he’s kind of surprised, then get off from his bike still hugging me. While Myungsoo and Na-chan looking at each other questioning our gesture.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A second later, a sudden grab on my elbow spun me around from Daehyun’s grasp.

“What are you doing?!” Na-chan’s shrieked voice escaped from her tiny plump lips. The three of us became silent. Looking at her with a questionable face.

“I…err..” She started to explain but cutted by sudden ring from a phone. Jolted all of us from the awkward atmosphere. It was my phone. I mouthed to them, excused myself.

“Hey mom.” I answered.

“I’m at school. Wae?”

My eyes widened, “What?! Shireo!”

But her next word silenced me, all I could do is surrender. “Kay, bye. Yes…YES, I’ll tell him don’t worry GEEZ.” I hung up the phone mercilessly. I turned around, seeing three pairs of eyes focused on me. I glanced to Myungsoo, signaling him to come closer to where I stand.

His eyes questioned me as he walked closer.

“What?” He unknowingly lowered his voice seeing my expression. I signaled him to give his ear so he nodded and came closer. My heart jolted for a second seeing his face so close to mine like this, but I instantly brushed aways those thoughts.

“My mom said…we should…” I whispered, but hesitant. Don’t know how to say this. He looked back at me, with face grew more confused. I had a heart attack again with our nose just inched like this. *Calm down you pabo!* He gave me his ear again and I inhaled then continue my words.

“She said we should go to a....date. Eat dinner by ourselves. Or… we should attend our family dinner again, but this time in your house. What should we, do?” I finally managed to finished the sentences with one breath. He looked back at me, hadn’t back away yet. I gulped as my eyes facing his thinking face. He furrowed his eyebrows, probably cogitating the options. I couldn’t help my eyes from travelling his face. His eyes, his pointed nose, his thin lips, cheekbones, even his eyebrows looked so attractive. So Inhuman. My face flushed with my own thought.

*You……………freak………* I mentally cursed myself.

“Eerr…well…rather than eating with our parents…with those, you know, Invicible ‘Pressure’” He made a gesture with his two fingers while saying those word.

“I prefer, we eat together. And probably playing somewhere. Roaming around. Than awkwardly sitting with our parents with their boring nostalgia.” He rolled his eyes. I laughed a little as I nodded. He laughed also.

“We could tighten our friendship also…” He trailed silently. I flushed secretly but pushing it away in instant as I nodded.

“Well? How is it? The date then?” He asked. I nodded.

“Ef- I mean, friendship time. Not a date. Sorry.” He corrected himself, with a tiny crimson on his cheeks as he rubbed the back of his neck. I smiled halfheartedly with a flood of disappointment rushing trough my chest.

“Okay then, friendship time.” I gave him a nod with thumb up. He smiled then tousled my hair. I was surprised but held it in my heart. I. Must. Restrain.

We turn around and headed back to Daehyun and Na-chan. They kept staring at both of us all this time. With awkward atmosphere surrounded  them. Na-chan just playing with pebble while biting her lip. I caught her staring at Daehyun, who focused his eyes on his phone. Noticing Me and Myungsoo approaching them, Daehyun instantly look up. Flipping his semi-curly yet straight hair. His eyes fixed on me, with his eyes turned out crescent moon.

“Well, sorry guys. Me and Nayoung have to go somewhere….” Myungsoo started the info fast. Scrathing his not-itchy neck. I stand next to him, just looking at Dae and Na-chan hesitantly. Na-chan’s eyes confused.

“Where?” Na-chan replied, with questionable looks on Daehyun’s face, agreeing with Na-chan’s question. Me and Myungsoo look at each other, confused what to answer.

“Err….just….somewhere….” I answered, just beating around the bush so they won’t know the truth. Just, not now. Suddenly Na-chan’s face turn out veryyyyyy mischievous. She smiled knowingly.

“Aigoooo~ Arasso Arasso!” She slapped my hand cheekily. Then, she whispered something in my ear.

“Promise me you’ll tell the date with details…”  she smiled happily. Myungsoo looked very uncomfortable with Na-chan’s reaction. His face turned out sour.

“Ah..ha..ha..ha..” I joined her laughing awkwardly.

“Okay then, We’ll go ahead.” He suddenly spoke, grabbed my hand, and leaving them. I choked with the sudden contact, but unable to release from his grip. In the end, we left them, I waved to Na-chan once. Then kept being dragged by Myungsoo to the bus station nearby. His hand held my hand firmly, as Na-chan and Daehyun’s figures getting smaller and smaller from my sight.

=====================================================================================

Sorry if it's too short. Like my body. =______________=

OTL

Check my oneshot : The Contagious Smile of Yours

It felt so weird promoting my own story. cause I've never done that before OTL rofl