Friendly Date?

Untangle You

The ride had been so silent. His eyes never left the road. Clinging into the sparkling scenery of evening around Seoul street. With chin on his palm, face facing the window, his side profile looks so perfect from here. The ride became kind of uneasy, because my palm started to sweating. Worried plastered all over my face, hoping that his palm wouldn’t notice my nervousness. Half of his palm covered my wrist and the other half covered half of my palm. I’m panicked inside, because my blood pulse must be increasing too because my heartbeat racing and pumping like there’s no tomorrow.

I titled my head a little, took a peek into his face. His face looked so flat, gave no emotions at all. He might be drowned in his own mind. The lights from the outside reflected on his skin. Made a beautiful complexion of colours mixed to one and another. Just to give more reasons for my heart to accelerate.

I darted from his face, sighed. Because I don’t know what to do, nor to say. And before, I haven’t say goodbye to Daehyun. He probably scowling right now. His sullen face appeared in my vision, and I giggled silently. A sudden speaker of the current terminal eventually woke myungsoo from his daze.

“Hongdae! Hongdae! Take your belonging, and step carefully. Thank you.”

He instantly rose and pulled me to get out from the bus. He didn’t pull me harshly, but quick and firm. His steps fastened. But when we arrived at the heart of Hongdae, his pace became slower. We’re in the side of the crowd. The shops lamps glistened in this nice weather tonight. I’m glad I wore my school coat, because the weather kind of chilly for me.

My right hand still linked with his left hand. I could calm down because the cold air probably already evaporate all the sweats on my palm. I smiled a little seeing our condition right now. Even though there’s not so many people  in the street, but this is still crowded for me.

Smells of corner snacks could be smelled everywhere. Waking up my nostrils. We’ve been walking for ten minutes yet there’s still no sign of him to stop. I started to grew uneasy (and hungry), so I decided to yank his body and he finally looked up to me.

“Yah, eodiga (where are we going?)??” I asked him, a little bit irritated. He just gave a meaningful look (yes,yes that look) and then smirked a little. Not in a mocking way fyi. Just warm and fast smirk. He tugged my hand again, and started to dragging me to walk again. I sighed in defeat.

I started to feel irritated so I yanked his hand again. He look at me again, with a slight confused yet innocent expression.

“Hey, wait a minu-“

GRUMBLE………………………………..

………………………………………………

……………………………………………………..

That.was.the.sound.of.my.stomach.

The heat increasing in my face and I know I’m totally red, flushing right now.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“BAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!” Myungsoo burst into laugh, a big laugh indeed. While I’m here, froze, like a steaming crab. About 1 minute, more or less, he haven’t stop his laugh yet. So I decided to leave him, stomped away my feet.

“Yaah, eodigaaa!! Pfft...” He followed me and grasped my wrist. He turn me around but I bent down my face, my blushing face. Silent.

“Aigoo… you are like an aegi (baby), you know that?” *A-aegi?* I stared at him, don’t know if that was a compliment or an insult. I cocked my eyebrows, asking that to him. But he just smiled again, with tiny smiling eyes.

“I know some place to eat. Kaja.” He pulled me again, and I followed him, with a strange tingling feeling spreading in my stomach.

=================================================================================

(photo credit to the owner)

“JawsFood?” We stopped right in front  of a chilli red shop. A smells of toppoki lingering and spreading around the store.

“I thought we’re going to eat rice?” I asked him.

“Oh c’mon, don’t tell me you’ve never been eating toppoki?” He nudged me. I gave him are-you-kidding-me look.

“aah…I see. But I bet you’ve never been try this one.” He said confidently. Well, he had a point there. I nodded.

“So let’s go then! It’s okay if we get a cramps later!” I rolled my eyes, amused, as we entered the store.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You got a ketchup here.” He suddenly muttered, while his thumb creasing the corner of my lips

Thump!

An “eoh?” slipped on my mouth, later after my heart skipped a beat. *Jebal stop shocked all the time heart…… TT  TT*

“Young-ah you’re surely an aegi.” He spoke again. His mouth inhaling-exhaling and air in constant, too hot because of the warm and spicy toppoki. He looked so adorable with those flustered face and red lips. *red lips…..* I frowned by my own mind, *YAH! Knock it off* I shook my head desperately.

Two glass of cold ocha already vanished into his tummy. I just glanced at him in amusement.

“YAH! How come you don’t even feel spicy??!!” He pointed to my untouched glass.

“Because it isn’t?” I replied to him rationally. I don’t know why I’m using much sarcasm this time. He looked dumbfounded. Mixed with disbelief expression.

“You’re not an aegi at all….” He muttered to himself.

“Come again?” I asked him again. He gave me a –duh?- look. He surely had a mood swing disorder. I just rolled my eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had finished our big bowl of toppoki. Myungsoo’s spicyness in his mouth gradually disappeared and he finally talked normally. We haven’t leave the store yet even though we were already finished. We ordered some cool beverages, Patbingsu for me and greentea ice cream for him.

I swung my feet under the table cozyly. Enveloping the bizarre yet yummy tastes in my mouth. We chillin to let down our food, with a comfortable silence surrounding us.

“You know…” My mouth suddenly started a conversation. He fixed his eyes to mine in instant, waiting. Ruined the formation of words that already being arranged in my mind. I averted my gaze.

“Er..nevermind.” I finally said. He eyed me with confused eyes. His face suddenly lit up.

“Wait here I’ll be right back!” He jumped from the seat and left the store, half running.

“Yah eodiga?!” I shouted at him, but he’s already out of the store. *Where is he going?*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 minutes later…..

With a heavy breath, he seated again in front of me, as I scooped my last spoon of patbingsu. I titled my head to his closed palm. He gave me a cheeky smile in the exchange.

“What’s that?” I asked innocently.

“Let’s play a game.” He said with a smirk. An excited smirk.

“What game?” I asked again. He coughed, started to explain.

“Uhm, so, I bought this bag of candies. It contains two flavor. Grape and strawberry. We’ll take one cady with closed eyes. if you take a strawberry flavor, you’ll owe me one wish. And if I take the grape one, I’ll owe you one wish. How is it?” He explained shortly, as he wriggled his eyebrows.

“Sounds fun!” I replied excitedly. Clasped my hands. There goes my childish side.

“But, if I take the strawberry one or you get the grape one, there’ll be a punishment. Because we get the wrong flavor.” He chimed.

“What punishment?” A sly smirk appeared in his face.

“Ttakbam on the forehead. Simple.” He shrugged, as if it’s not really matter.

“Ah waeee?? Are there no other punishment?” I whined. Already impatient to start this game. He shook his head. I sighed.

“Okay then.” I replied. Believing that Myungsoo wouldn’t hit me. But sadly, I guess I was wrong.

================================================================================

PLETUK!

“STRIKE TWO!” Myungsoo cheered.

“AW!” I rubbed my forehead for the fourth time. But this is two strike in a row. *Oh my he really did that….I couldn’t believe it!* My mouth fell by a victory face on his face. I gave him a secret short glare without he realized it, then bent down my face, as my hand rubbed my throbbing forehead. I whimpered.

His laugh gradually silent down.

“Nayoung-ah, gwencana?” I smirked silently. Thanks to my long hair, he couldn’t see my face clearly. A long minute, I didn’t give him any reply, he started to shook my shoulder. I didn’t budge.

“Yah-“ He said again, took my chin.

“BLEEH!!” I gave him my tounge playfully, and running out of the store.

“YAAAH!” He shouted and chased after me, shocked, but smoothly put the bill money on the table beforehand.

I slowed down, still laughing happily. A hand slunged around my shoulders.

“You’re cheatingggg!!” He whined to me, slowed his pace, following mine.

“Heheheee~” I just replied him with my laugh. He let out a hoarse laugh too, which made me realized his position. Walked right next to me, with hand slunged around my shoulders. Uh oh. I gulped.

The walk became silent. But a comfortable one. We took the bus and headed to my home.

================================================================================

“We’re home.” Me and Myungsoo entered the living room. A four pairs of eyes greeted us with surprised yet relieved expression. They were sitting together with teas and cookies on the table. Seems like a tea party in the night. I snorted in my head.

“You’re back!~” My mom took both of our hand and dragged us to sit down together. We became awkward again, took a robotic steps.

“So, how’s the date?” Myungsoo’s mom asked us. I choked inside by those question. *omg I totally forgot that this is supposed to be a date O—O*

“Eer… uhm.. It was nice.” Myungsoo answered. I nodded hesitantly, following him. All of them nodded and smiled in…relieved?

“Cha, I think we should probably go home now. It’s already late. Kaja yeobo, Myungsoo.” Myungsoo’s dad gestured both of them to get up. Me, mom and my dad sending them to the door, I kept standing in the doorframe, while mom and dad hugged his parents, waved as they walked to their car outside the fence. I didn’t realize that Myungsoo was behind all of us. He walked passed me. But then he turn around and waving at me.

“Annyeong Young-ah. It was fun to go out with you.” He said in front of me. It’s already night, and the moon shone brightly, gave him a warm & chill, yet charismatic aura around him. My heart throbbed by the sight.

“Yeah  it was fun for me too…” I replied shyly. He smiled boyishly in reply.

“We should hang out again sometimes.” He offered. My face lit up with that and nodded happily.

“With Na-chan and Daehyun coming along will add more fun too!” He chimed. Succeed to make my smile vanished, but I covered it again with a small fake smile. *He never forget to mention about Na-chan…* My mind frowned in disappointment.

“Jalja aegi~” He spoke again, with a cute tone. The pinched my cheek playfully as he said the ‘aegi’ word. He waved again to me, as he skipped steps to the car. My eyes widened by his gesture. I replied his wave as his car strolled out from the sight.

I still stunned in my position. His touch on my cheek still visible to my sense. My left hand slowly touched the place he pinched before. The irregular heartbeats still in its accelerating mode. A blush crept to my face as my heart whispered something to me.

*Oh no, I think I really fall for him.*

========================================================================================================================

A little bit longer chapter because I wasn't updated for god knows how long. MIANHEEEEEEEEE ;A;

Aren't Myungsoo and Nayoung cute?? KEKEKEKEKEEEEE XD

enjoy enjoy enjoy~ Comment comment comment~ Subscribe~ ^__^