CHAPTER 49: THE ANGRY OLD MAN

The Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

               

His dark eyes kept pinning at her. Both of his arms crossed his chest as he sat comfortably on the chair. Those unnerving way of looking at her made her very uncomfortable. The last few days event kept replaying inside her mind. Aho! Why am I losing myself easily like that every time he was around! Toda Erika complained to herself after reminiscing what had she done. Her eyes rolled in annoying manner when she noticed the man in front of her smiled happily as if their relationship was back to normal. Tch…I am not forgiving him easily.  

 

“What are you doing here, Nishikido san?”

 

Erika raised her eyebrows as she crossed her arms across her . Her tone was defensive and she used the man’s first name again to show how mad she was with him again. By using this way, the man would know that she was not that easy to forgive him at this moment. Instead of feeling insulted, Ryo chuckled softly as he shook his head slightly feeling amused than ever. This made the owner of long silky hair became mad.

 

“Don’t laugh you stupid man!” Toda Erika barked angrily feeling annoying than ever. Her angry face made Ryo could not stop smiling because it was much better than she treated him cold. Due to whatever things she happened to face a few days ago gave good opportunity for them to mend their bad relationship these last few weeks.

 

“Yesterday when you hugged me, I did not feel like you hated me that much, Eri chan,” Hearing that statement made shade of scarlet appeared on her cheeks. Then, Ryo added as he rubbed his chin. His eyes were still on hers.

 

“Even, you were snuggling on my chest quite long time. I wonder where is the girl who kept saying I am so sad, Yoyo….so sad….what should I do?” Ryo mimicked her voice and acted what she did yesterday. The woman stood up abruptly and snapped at the man.

 

“Shut up! I hate you, moron!” The man replied those harsh words with light laughter. clamped shut and both of her hands gripped tightly at her sides.

 

“I am not forgiving you,” Erika added as she glowered at him.

 

“Fine, I don’t mind about it,” His mouth flickered up and raised his shoulders showing much it didn’t mean anything to him.  Still unsatisfied with man’s reaction, the woman nagged more.

 

“Our twenty years friendship ends here. Don’t call me and don’t find me at house and don’t find me at any place because I hate everything about you. You….you are a short kansai man, ert, e and smelly. I hate you!” The man nodded agreeing whatever things she said. His eyes never left hers making she spoke more. She stood up and walked around her table. Both of her hands were on hips and her small eyes glared at the owner of raven hair.

 

“I hate you, don’t you hear me you old man! I hate every inch of you! That’s why…that’s why….”her words trailed of. She did not know what she should say anymore to him. The man, who never left her side since twenty years ago, smiled at her innocently. That kind of smile….it is so annoying. Toda Erika muttered softly under her breath as she stared at the man.

 

“What is it Erika? You haven’t finish your sentences properly you know.” Ryo spoke as he provoked her. The woman, who tied her hair, just grunted softly. After silence was the only thing happened between of them, the handsome man stood up and heaved a sigh. No more spat and angry words toward him anymore by Erika.

 

“Well, it seems that you are still mad at me. I am sorry, Eri chan. Really.” Nishikido Ryo spoke softly as he looked at her with his sad eyes. Then, he added more as his hands took something from his pocket.

 

“I thought that you already forgave me, so…last night I bought two tickets of Sekai no Owari concert this December. Sigh…..It seems they are wasted because you still hate me.” Ryo sighed softly as he looked longingly at two golden tickets in his hands. At that moment, Toda Erika, who really loves the best band in Japan, gasped softly seeing those tickets in the man’s hands. It was her favourite.

 

“Maybe, I can ask someone else to go with me….” Ryo nodded as he spoke out loud purposely.

 

Nishikido Ryo turned around and started to walk to the door. He tried to clamp his mouth to curb his mouth from laughing out loud. He knew the woman would totally become crazy if he gave them to someone else. He understood her really well. Erika really loves the group and to have the tickets were already awesome because it was difficult to get them. Counting inside his mind, he guessed the woman would stop at once. When his steps reached the fourth steps, the woman called out his name.

 

“Wait, Ryo chan!” Her voice rang in the office stopping his steps.

 

Nishikido Ryo, who knew already this thing would happen, turned around and raised his eyebrow quizzically acting as if he did know anything. Toda Erika looked already anxious and he could see how she clasped her hands uncomfortably. There was hesitation in her face.

 

“What is it?” The man asked her making the woman became more uncomfortable.

 

“I….” Her words stopped but Nishikido Ryo was being patience to hear more her words.

 

He knew himself that the woman has higher ego compare to him. That’s why he did not mind to apologize first knowing her real behaviour. Plus, he really missed her. After their fight last time in that memorable alley, the feeling of loving her became stronger and it seemed that she really stuck inside his mind forever.

 

“I…” Her words stopped again.

 

Erika rolled her eyes in frustration as the words stuck inside . Why it is so difficult to apologize from him?  She cursed herself inside her heart. The man was already crossing his arms across his chest and tapped his feet. The golden tickets of Sekai no Owari were held within the man’s hands and it appealed her very much. She wanted to watch the concert, very much.

 

“Mou!”She stomped angrily on the floor feeling angry herself. Marching to the man, her hands quickly grabbed the tickets from Ryo’s hands while nagging at him.

 

“You! If you make me angry again in the future, Yoyo, you have to buy me the whole album of Sekai no Owari for the rest of my life!” Instead of apologizing to him, the woman spat angry words as her fingers jabbed on the man’s chest.

Rather than felt annoy, the Kansai man beamed happily. Then, Erika’s eyes shifted to the tickets and a smile automatically formed on his lips. The woman quickly kissed the tickets as if it was the most valuable thing in the earth for her. Seeing it made the man’s heart leapt in joy. In a flash, he grabbed a ticket from her hands and waved it slightly.

 

“This one is mine,” Ryo spoke to her making the woman widened her eyes in surprise.

 

“What? I don’t want to go with someone who doesn’t like the group!” The man put his fingers inside his ears and shook his head. Her hands tried to snatch back the ticket but the man successfully kept it inside his coat while giving her cheeky look.

 

“Aho! Give it back!”

 

“No way! You are going to go with me, Erika.” He laughed out loud as he made face to her.

 

 Toda Erika, who had not fight with Ryo for more than a few weeks, began to walk to him to pinch him on his cheek. The owner of raven hair yowled loudly when pain hit him. He tried to grab the woman’s hand, but she held it firmly.  After a while, she let of his cheek and grinned widely to him. Satisfaction plastered on her face when she looked at the man who kep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter