CHAPTER 30: THE STUPID THING THAT THEY ARGUE

The Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 30: THE STUPID THING THAT THEY ARGUE

 

“We don’t have to dance, Yamaa san, if you don’t like it….” The woman spoke softly.

               

 

                Instantly Yamapi froze upon hearing her suggestion. Somehow, with the words said by the witch, the previous event played inside his mind. It was the event where he should kiss her in their wedding.

 

 

“You don’t have to kiss me if you don’t like it Yamaa san….”

 

 

                Maki spoke to him honestly when he tugged her hands after they exchanged rings between each other. Yamapi froze and blinked his eyes for a few times. As if he could not believe it, he asked back the woman.

 

 

“Wh-what?”Maki bit her lips, before she spoke softly the words. A ray of scarlet appeared on her white cheeks as she locked her brown gaze with his dark ones.

 

 

“I said….you…you don’t have to kiss me….if… if you don’t like it….” Maki stuttered as her cheeks became even redder as she said the words.

 

This made Yamapi startled and at that moment, he found out that the woman noticed his uneasiness when it came to kissing part. How does she know about it? The thought kept playing inside his mind. This made he became silence at once.

 

 

“It’s not compulsory, right?”Maki added some more as she looked at him, who was still looking speechless.

 

 

 

                With the memories tailed behind him, Yamapi stared at the woman was wearing her beautiful dress. Because of her words, he did not kiss her. Yes. He did not kiss her in their wedding. Because, he did not want to do it, right? Even, she too, did not want it, right? With that thought bugging inside his mind, a sigh came out from his mouth involuntarily. Somehow, only regret filled inside his mind thinking about it again.

 

 

Why I didn’t say that I would like to kiss her?

 

 

Yamapi mumbled alone inside his heart. Then another thought came.  

 

 

You don’t like her, right?

Yes.....

So, you don’t have to kiss her.

Why is that?

Because a kiss only happens between two persons who love between each other, am I right? Pi?

 

 

Yamapi looked down on his feet.

 

 

That’s right!

Kisses should only happen between two lovers who love between each other.

Unlike them....who marry not because of love....but....they marry because of responsibility

 and promises......

 

 

With that thought, Yamapi focused back on the woman who stood in front of her. Maki was still waiting for his answer regarding on her suggestion. Before he could answer, something caught his concentration. Looking around, Yamapi noticed that people started to whisper as both of them did not start their dance yet, making curiosity lingered within the atmosphere. Gosh....this should not be happened once again. His assistance forced them to do this just to direct the guests’ attention from what happened earlier. He muttered inside his heart. Without wasting his time, Yamapi extended his hands toward Maki. This made the woman startled and fixed her brown orbs on her husband.

 

“Wh-what is it?”The owner of big brown eyes asked him suddenly.

 

 

“Dancing...”Yamapi replied it shortly. This made Maki asked him back.

 

 

“I thought you don’t like it.....”Yamapi rolled his eyes as a sigh flew out from his mouth.

 

 

“I did not say I don’t like it. It just....I don’t know how to dance...properly.” Yamapi stressed the last part making Maki became silence.

 

 

“Come, people started to talk about us already...” Maki’s gaze meandered around the hall and within a second, she bit her lips. Looking back at her husband, she still looked hesitatedly.

 

 

“I....I don’t know how to dance....” Maki told the hunky man honestly. Her cheeks blushed furiously. Yamapi chuckled as her noticed this.

 

 

“Don’t worry, I will lead you.” Yamapi reassured her while giving Maki a promising look. Still, there was uncertainty filled within her eyes.

 

 

“B-but....I...” Before Maki could retort the man’s request, Yamapi pulled her into his embrace suddenly, trapping her between his arms. Widening her eyes, Maki wanted to push the man back. However, Yamapi grabbed her hands and held it softly as he locked his gaze with his dark ones.

 

 

“Shh....everyone is looking at us.....”Maki startled as the man behind her softly.

 

Blinking her eyes, she held her breath as she could feel the man’s chest on hers soft ones. At that moment, she could not fight back neither talked back, as her mind turned blank.  They started to sway, following the music on the back ground.

 

                Soon enough, some of the guests also joined them on the floor, dancing with their partners. Ryo looked at Erika as he smiled widely. It works!!! Erika whispered the words to the kansai man, as what they planned was working. Thanks to Ryo’s idea to force his boss to dance. Or else, people will keep been distracted by the incident that Mukai created in the hall just now. At least, they could save the party from becoming worst. Even, with that dance, it was expected to show to everyone and Mukai how the brides are love between each other. With that, it was hope to disperse the bad rumors about them.

 

                On the other hand, Mukai gripped his fist as he looked at the two lover birds on the floor. Deep inside him, he was boiling. Seeing the woman that he loves in another man’s arms rubbed him the wrong way, making anger crawled to every part of him. Then, he noticed Yamapi was looking at him with his dark gaze before he shifted his gaze back to Maki.  Slowly, the man hugged Maki tighter than before; making Mukai gritted his teeth tightly. Unable to see it anymore, he looked away before his feet dragged him to the main exit of the hall.

 

                Swaying their bodies softly, Yamapi controlled himself from nuzzling his wife’s neck as her lovely scent invaded his nostrils. Damn...so alluring! He cursed himself. Then, something caught his eyes. Mukai Osamu.....Yamapi whispered inside his heart. The tall man’s dark gaze met him as he held Maki inside his embrace. There, Yamapi noticed jealousy and anger on the man’s face. Unknowingly, he pulled Maki closer inside his embrace making the tall man ran his eyes somewhere else. After a while, Yamapi noticed that Mukai started to move toward the door, leaving the place. His jaw tightened as he remembered how that man kept looking at them. Or exactly on his wife. Who is he in Marina’s life? The thought kept distressing his mind.

 

“Ne.....”Maki lifted her gaze and found out Yamapi was looking at her with his dark eyes. There was some hesitation reflected on his face before he spoke softly.

 

“About Mukai Osamu.....”With the name slipped from Yamapi’s tongue, instantly Maki’s body became stiff and nervous surfaced on her face.

 

“Care to tell me who is he?” Yamapi asked the woman as he locked his eyes with her. However, sadly Maki did not respond. Even, she ran her eyes to somewhere else as she let silence became her answer. This made Yamapi sighed deeply while biting his lips.

 

“You...don’t want to share it?”Maki slowly lifted her gaze and stared at the man for a long time.

 

 Inside Yamapi’s heart, he already knew that the tall man must be someone special for her before. Otherwise else, she would not react like that. At the sudden thought, the muscle on his cheeks knotted. Somehow, knowing there was a man before him in the witch’s life, ignited flame of jealousy within his heart.

 

“Fine. If you don’t want to.....”Yamapi spoke softly as he heaved a sigh. This made Maki looked at the man with hesitation. Unknowingly, her soft hands tugged the man’s coat making Yamapi startled.

 

 

“I.....”Her words stopped and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter