CHAPTER 19: THE LOVE THAT HE HAS FOR HER

The Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

                The room was just filled with Toda Erika’s voice and Mukai Osamu whereas Maki remained silence. She just looked on her laps while listening to the two persons chats. As usual, Erika become over friendly with anyone handsome and she did not feel weird upon it. Usually, she managed to get the woman into the business back and jabbed at her ribs to pull the woman into herself.

 

However, this time, she could not do it. Not when she was sitting in front of Mukai Osamu. Starting from the time she laid her eyes on him twenty minutes ago, she could not stop feel shivering and how her heart banged on her chest faster than ever. Clutching on her skirt, Maki tried to reduce the nervousness in front of the man, and how her mind screamed, asking her to get out of that room. The painful memory evoked once again as the man’s silky voice immersed in the atmosphere around her.

 

“You are very kind, Mukai san.” Erika giggled softly while closing . She never stopped smiling and laughing.

 

The tall man just smiled to the owner of long silky hair before his gaze shifted toward Maki. Still, there was no emotion on her face. Even, the woman never lifted her gaze and looked at him. How long are they going to be like this? He whispered within himself. Slowly, his hands reached his glass and started to drink from it.  Suddenly, the silence of the room was broken with a loud ring of phone, grabbing everyone’s attention.

 

Toda Erika was rummaging inside her bag, while giving apologizing look toward Mukai and Maki. Muttering softly, cursing the person who called her, Erika took out her phone and looked at it.  However, the number on her screen made question started to appear within her mind. Instantly, she excused herself to answer the phone out of the room before she walked out of the room, leaving Maki and Mukai alone in the room. This made an awkward atmosphere started to linger around between two of them. It took a few minutes for Mukai to gather courage within him, to speak to the woman in front of him; the woman that he loves.

 

“How are you?” The man’s deep voice broke the silence between two of them in the room. Slowly, Maki lifted up her head and found out that the man’s eyes were on hers.

 

“Why are you doing this, Mukai san?” Instead of answering the man’s question, Maki shot him with another one. Sighing deeply, the man who wore black coat glanced at somewhere else. He should know, the woman did not like his presence after all. Not after what he did to her on five years ago.

 

“I ask you, why are you doing this Mukai san?” Losing her patience is the last the thing Maki wanted to do right now. However, the man silence made her like that. Mukai, who sat in front of her, just gave her a long stare before heaved a deep sigh.

 

“Because I want to see you, Maki chan.” Mukai answered honestly to Maki, making the woman flinched a bit.

 

“We don’t have anything to talk Mukai san that you need to see me. Nothing.” The woman replied sharply to him.

 

“We do have something to talk, Maki chan. A lot of things that we need to talk. Without this meeting, it is very difficult for me to see you. You keep refusing to see me, even after I sent proper invitation to you. That’s why I arranged like this, just to see you, sweetheart.”

 

“Stop calling me that!!!” Maki snapped at the man’s words. On her laps, her hands already clasped tightly as she was holding her anger within herself. Emotions dwelled up inside her heart as faint memories between two of them kept following from behind. Mukai just stared at her calmly.

 

“Why Maki chan? Why you reacted like that? If you did not have any feeling for me anymore, you don’t have to be reacted like that.” Mukai’s statement made her anger shot up through the roof.

 

Immediately, Maki stood up, and grabbed her bag, trying to leave the place. Before she could even move a step, the man’s hand grabbed her soft hand and circled them on her wrist, stopping her from moving any further.

 

“Sorry…... I’m sorry, Maki chan.” Mukai apologized immediately. Inside him, he was cursing himself, for not taking it slowly with the woman. He should know that to found Maki is already amazing after she disappeared just like that within his life. Last thing he should not do is letting her go once again.

 

Maki gritted her teeth, as the man’s warmth seeped through her skins. The memory kept coming with the man’s touch, making she hardly can breathe. Struggling beneath the man’s touch, she tried to escape from the man’s hold. However, Mukai was too strong for her.

 

“Please.  I say sorry already. So, can we sit and have a nice talk, Maki chan.” Mukai tried to persuade her, to let herself cool from her anger. Tugging on the woman’s hand, he was still hope that the woman will listen to him and gave him another chance. At least…..just listening to what he wanted to say.

 

However, it was different with Maki. Closing her eyes, she tried to calm herself and forgot everything and focused back on being her usual self. Focus back on her works at that moment. Still, it was very difficult espec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter