CHAPTER 11: THE MAN FROM THE PAST

The Witch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 11: THE MAN FROM THE PAST

 

I love you, Maki chan…..

Really love you………………

 

 

“Maki chan….”

 

Instantly, Maki’s hand stopped moving. The deep voice that she heard just now made her nearly stopbreathing. Impossible….She whispered within her heart. However, her foolish heart would never lie to her….cause that manwas always there, living inside her heart. Turning around slowly, she found herself hating her heart with a passion because, after all these long years, it still knew the man,  hated her heart so much, because after long years….it still knew the man. Even after what he had done to her.

 

Mukai Osamu never changed. He still looked same, just like five years back. Even though there was something different about him, his style and face remained unchanged. At that sight, her own heart turned to a tight taut.

 

“It’s been long time….” The man said softly. Mukai never lifted his dark gaze from the woman in front of him and heaved a deeper breath.

 

“Mukai kun…..” his name slipped from her tongue. There was still shock on her face. Within a second, the hand on her bag gripped tighter than ever. Insecurity starting to swamp over her. The memory of five years ago appeared one by one inside her mind.

 

“Maki chan…” When he said her name, her body turned to stiff. Shaking her head, her lips quivered.

 

Tremors ran wild within her. Her past started to dance inside her mind as terror seeping through her blood. At that moment, she felt like escaping from the man. Slowly, she moved back trying to get away . However, Mukai  noticed immediately and moved two steps forward, grabbing Maki’s hand. Her gaze flew toward the man in horror. Calm was no longer inside her heart.

 

“Where are you going, Maki chan?” His strong hand circled around her wrist.

 

“Let me go!!” she struggled beneath his hands, but the man was strong and her strength could not be compared with his.

 

“Maki chan, we just meet and it lasts not even one second!!” His hold grew even stronger. No way he would let her go once again. Not after these long five years.

 

“I said let me go, Mukai kun!!!” He shook his head and kept pinning his dark eyes on her. The man was stubborn…still stubborn. Just like the way she knew him from five years ago. Maki tried to pull her hand free once again, but she failed to do so.

 

“We need to talk, Maki chan. We have a lot of things to talk. After these long years…” But, the woman in front of him shook her head vigorously.

 

“We do not have anything to talk about!!! No!!!” Let me go!!!”

 

“Yes!! We do!! Please listen to me….just this time.” Mukai pleaded softly. His eyes looked apologetic, but the woman was stubborn.

 

“No!!! I don’t want to!! Mukai, our relationship ended up years ago. You ended it!!! We don’t have anything to talk now!!!Nothing!!!”

 

At the sudden words, Mukai became froze at once. He could feel how hurt his heart was and Maki’s words were the cause of it. The fact that she said pierced through his heart. Does she still hate him after these long years? Did he even have a chance at all to make up for his actions? These questions and more plagued his mind and pierced his heart.

 

Unknowingly, he loosed his grip on her. Noticingthe opportunity, Maki instantly pulled her hands free and dug inside her bag , searching for the key. Finally, she found it and unlocked her car.

Before she could open the door, Mukai Osamu grabbed her once again and pulled Maki into his embrace. Too surprise with the man sudden action, Maki became immobile and unable to move.

 

“I miss you, Maki chan……”

 

Mukai whispered the words softly. her hair, he tightened his hold on the woman. His warmth evoked the memory between two of them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter