The End- PART TWO

Made in Korea

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

Sehun stared forward in a daze, his eyes unfocused, and his heart aching with worry. He ran a hand through his hair and looked over at the machine that was steadily beeping with the pounding of Luhan’s heart. Sehun glanced from the machine to Luhan, who was lying still in a bed with clean white sheets and a white blanket. The room was white as well- the walls, the doors, the furniture. Luhan was so pale, Sehun noticed, that his skin was almost as light as the room.

There was a knock on the door and Sehun turned to look just as Dr. Zhang entered the room. The look in the doctor’s eyes was all Sehun needed to know that something was horribly wrong, but Dr. Zhang explained anyway.

“Sehun, I didn’t realize you were still here. I would’ve thought you’d gone home by now. It’s been…” the man looked his watch, “seven hours?”

“I couldn’t, um…” Sehun shook his head, “I couldn’t leave him.” He stared at the floor in an attempt to avoid making eye contact with Dr. Zhang. There was a long silence- or at least Sehun thought it was silence.

“Sehun, are you listening…?” Dr. Zhang rested a hand on the boy’s shoulder.

“What? I’m…sorry. I just, I-”

“I understand. It’s alright, I know this is hard to hear-”

“Hard to hear?” Sehun asked. “What’s hard to hear? What’s happening to him?”

“Well, he… Luhan is in a coma.”

“A coma,” Sehun nodded and then he shook his head, “He- in- he’s in- a coma. He’s in a coma.” Dr. Zhang tilted his head at the boy.

“…yes… he’s in a coma. I… I’m not sure if he’ll come out of it… soon or… ever.”

And suddenly Sehun felt like he was falling. He was falling down into a deep, deep chasm and he didn’t feel like he’d ever stop falling.

“Sehun? We c- we can continue to monitor him and… and see if he wakes up, but… I’m not optimistic.” Sehun nodded and swallowed the lump in his throat. “There is one other option, but I’m not sure that you’ll take a liking to it.”

“Anything. Anything else, I can’t- I can’t leave him like this.”

“Well… as of right now, Luhan cannot sustain himself on his own. That’s what these machines are they are keeping him breathing, and keeping his other involuntary actions going, but… if we were to unplug him-”

“Are you asking me if I want to pull the plug on the love of my life, Dr. Zhang?” Sehun whispered, finally looking up at the doctor. Dr. Zhang closed his eyes and nodded.

“I am… obligated to inform you, as his perfect match, of… all of your options.” A silence followed Yixing’s explanation and Sehun stared at the ground once again. “But, Sehun-”

“Is he…” Sehun paused, “Is he suffering? The way he is now? Is he in pain?” Yixing took a deep breath before responding.

“To our knowledge…no.”

“Could- can… can he hear me if I speak to him?”

“We can’t be certain but… probably not, I’m sorry.”

“What do you think I should do?”Sehun asked his eyes beginning to sting from tears.

“I think… you should do what you think is best for him.” Sehun stood and walked over to Luhan’s bedside, reaching a hand out to touch his cheek which was cold and pale.

“You said he would probably never wake up.”

“…I did say that, yes.”

“Then…” Sehun, kneeled down next to Luhan’s bed and took one of the blond boy’s hands, “I don’t want to drag this out any longer. There’s no point, this isn’t… this isn’t living. And he was always so vibrant and alive and… I just can’t allow myself to keep him this way just because I don’t want to lose him.”

“Does that mean-”

“Yes. I want you to… let him go.” Sehun swiped at the tears that had started to streak down his cheeks.

“Alright.” Dr. Zhang walked over to the opposite side of the bed and pressed a few buttons on the machines. “Are you sure?” Sehun looked at Luhan one last time, and realized that it wasn’t even him anymore. It was someone else. Something else in Luhan’s body.

“Yes. I’m sure.” Sehun turned to Luhan and leaned his forehead against his boyfriend’s. “I’m so sorry. I love you. I’m so sorry, I just don’t know what else to do.” Salty droplets dripped from Sehun’s cheeks onto the white sheets of the bed. Sehun cried as Luhan’s breathing and heart rate slowed to almost a stop and then he was gone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sehun stood at the edge of the top of the lab hospital, a chilling evening breeze rustling his hair into disarray, staring down at the uncharacteristically empty street stories below. He took a deep breath in and held it in his chest, contemplating why there wouldn't be people out and about on a Friday evening in the middle of the city. Considering this topic brought back a memory from only hours before, even though it seemed like a lifetime ago that he saw news of the fire in the square on the television. Luhan was with him when he saw that, Luhan was the one that had pointed it out, but that was before.

Luhan wasn't with him there on the roof, and Sehun imagined where his boyfriend could be. In heaven? Certainly not in Hell. If either place were real. Or maybe he was still on earth, maybe he hadn't moved on yet. Sehun closed his eyes and focused on feeling whether or not Luhan was near. If Luhan was close, Sehun has faith that he'd be able to sense it. There was a certain feeling Sehun got, whenever Luhan was around– after a few moments Sehun decided that if Luhan was still on earth, he wasn't anywhere near the labs. The boy's lashes fluttered as he blinked tears out of his eyes, but Sehun didn't understand why he had begun to cry. He knew that he would see Luhan again soon enough.

After Sehun had told Dr. Zhang to take Luhan off of the life support, Sehun cried for hours. When some men that Sehun had never seen before came to take Luhan's body away, he cried even harder, his body racked with sobs. For a day or two he was completely bed-ridden, unable to stand with out falling. It felt like a piece of him had died with Luhan, the part of him that wanted to keep going, to live.

He almost didn't attend the funeral, on the third day after Luhan's death, but Dr. Zhang, who had been taking care of him the past couple of days, told him that he would regret missing it. He explained that all Sehun needed was closure, and then he'd be able to move on. Sehun didn't believe him, but he went anyway, crying harder than ever before when more people that Sehun had never met lowered Luhan into the ground and said their goodbyes. He couldn't say goodbye to Luhan by himself, so Dr. Zhang walked up to the front of the crowd with him. Sehun didn't look at the body which no longer hosted Luhan's spirit, but he did drop a folded piece of slightly damp paper and a rubix cube into the box before turning on his heel and walking the three miles back to the labs. He stopped only once on the side of the road, a time during which he laid in the grass and stared up at the clouds before curling into a ball and crying again.

Four days after the incident, which was the only thing Sehun was able to call it that kept him from a complete breakdown, Sehun went up to the roof of the labs. He stood on the edge of the roof, wondering if he was brave enough to jump off. He almost jumped twice in the next few days, but stopped himself each time, telling himself that Luhan would want him to go on and live. But something in the back of his head kept telling him to go up to that roof and jump.

Then, on the eighth day without Luhan, Dr. Zhang decided that Sehun was depressed. And the only thing that Sehun could say was-

"Of course I'm depressed. He just- we... I died eight days ago."

Later that day, Dr. Zhang sat him down for what he called a "therapy session", during which Sehun expressed what he had been felling over the past seven days, which was depressed exhausted, angry, confused, hopeless and empty. After hearing that, Dr. Zhang went on to say that Luhan wasn't really gone, not forever. He told Sehun that he would see Luhan again someday. But the boy didn't understand what that meant. That night he laid in bed, trying to figure out what Dr. Zhang meant. After a few hours of thinking, because he could no longer sleep without nightmares, he finally made sense of what the doctor had said to him.

So on the ninth day without Luhan, Sehun stood at the edge of the top of the lab hospital, a chilling evening breeze rustling his hair into disarray, staring down at the uncharacteristically empty street stories below. He took a deep breath in and held it in his chest, contemplating why there wouldn't be people out and about on a Friday evening in the middle of the city. Considering this topic brought back a memory from only hours before, even though it seemed like a lifetime ago that he saw news of the fire in the square on the television. Luhan was with him when he saw that, Luhan was the one that had pointed it out, but that was before.

Sehun was still holding the breath he had taken, keeping it in as long as possible, but after all that time he just couldn't hold it any longer. He needed to breathe, and in order to do that, he needed to be with Luhan. So when Sehun couldn't keep that breath in any longer, he exhaled, slowly, and jumped.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you can probably tell, this was the last chapter of my latest (yet somehow incredibly old now) fic, Made in Korea! I'm so excited to finallt be done with this story, don't get me wrong, I loved writing it, but I was ready to be done with it. 

Anyways, thank you for taking this journet with me, subbies!!!! I think I might start another fic this summer, but I'm not sure yet, if I do, I'll let you know!

 

Thank you for the support and everything, guys!

And as always, upvoted and comments below are MORE than appreciated!!! 

Bye for now!

-Luhandsome123