Hiding the Truth

Made in Korea

 

 
Chapter 10- POV- Narrator
 
 
"Yah, yah! Look. Where the hell is that idiot Kim Jongin going?!" Chen yelled, and motioned for Yixing and Joonmyun to come over and see.
 
"What do you mean? He's going somewhere?" Yixing asked, looking puzzled as he walked over to Chen to see what the monitors were transmitting back to the lab computers.
 
"He packed a bag, and there's a car waiting outside in the drive way..."
 
"It's fine, as long as Luhan goes with him. I wouldn't want Luhan and Kyungsoo in a house alone together," Joonmyun explained.
 
Yixing turned back to Joonmyun. "...why would that matter? Kyungsoo happens to be a perfect backup to replace Luhan if anything were to happen... Not Jongin. Are you suggesting that-" 
 
"No. Not that something like that would happen between them. I'm afraid Luhan would murder Kyungsoo in his sleep. I'm not the only one that sees what's going on right?" Joonmyun asked the two at the computer, who looked at each other, and then back at him, confused.
 
Joonmyun rolled his eyes and walked over to the computer, opening a file of screenshots he'd taken over the past week from the monitors.
 
"What is similar, gentleman, in all of these pictures?" Joonmyun asked them, eyebrows raised.
 
"Uhhh... Luhan looks frustrated...or angry?" Chen suggested.
 
"Kind of, and why would he look that way? What is the one thing that he would be overprotective of?" 
 
"Umm..." Yixing guessed, "Jongin?" 
 
"Correct! And who is Luhan staring at angrily in all of the pictures?" The men squinted at the pictures.
 
"Kyungsoo..."
 
"And who is Kyungsoo staring at," Joonmyun made a cute face and batted his eyelashes, "lovingly?" Chen smacked the keyboard in excitement because he knew the answer.
 
"Jongin!" He stated proudly, making the other two roll their eyes exaggeratedly.
 
"So you think Jongin and Kyungsoo have a...thing?" Yixing wondered aloud with a disgusted look on his face.
 
"Yes. Yes I do," Joonmyun poked Yixing's chest pointedly.
 
"Why? Jongin hasn't returned any sort of interest that Kyungsoo may have been showing. He still seems completely smitten with Luhan to me," Yixing countered.
 
"Well that, is because you don't have access to the monitors in Jongin and Luhan's bedrooms," Joonmyun bounced his eyebrows up and down on his forehead, making Chen and Yixing eyes go wide.
 
"You mean Jongin and Kyungsoo like...like...they..." Chen stuttered.
 
"They what?" Joonmyun cocked his head to the side.
 
"You know..." 
 
"Oh god no! What you think I'd watch that?! What is wrong with you?" Joonymun seemed freaked out by the thought. "They shared some ice cream," he explained.
 
"What's the big deal, then? We share ice cream, Joonmyun," Yixing said, like it was obvious.
 
"Yixing, that's-"
 
"Wait you two share ice cream?" Chen blinked at the, with saucer sized eyes. Yixing blushed deeply at what Chen was inferring, because, well, it wasn't exactly a false inference.
 
"Yeah, why?" Joonmyun asked cooly, trying his best not to give anything away.
 
"Uh...no reason I guess..." Chen trailed off.
 
"As I was saying," Joonmyun continued, "that's actually exactly my point, Yixing-ah."
 
"Alright maybe they have a thing..." Yixing said, glancing back and forth quickly between Joonmyun and a confused Chen.
 
 
"...okay I still don't get it, but lets say that they do like each other. Shouldn't we do something about it?" Chen said.
 
"Are you nuts?!" Yixing screeched, "Kris and Tao would have our heads!"
 
"Won't it be worse, though, if we don't stop it now?" 
 
"No way, we don't act until some concrete proof happens, got it?" Joonmyun scolded. Chen nodded quickly.
 
"Yeah, yeah I got it..." He closed out of the still shots Joonmyun had taken and looked back at the monitor in the foyer of the house. "Yah! It looks like Jongin is going alone, Joonmyun..." 
 
"No chance, Luhan would never let him go off anywhere alone. I'll bet you that Luhan will change his mind," Joonmyun leaned his elbows on the desk, watching the screen with Chen.
 
They watched intently as Jongin walked down the hall leading toward Luhan's room. Joonmyun took the keyboard and typed in a password, which allowed them to access the monitor in Luhan's room.
 
They saw Luhan hiding under the covers on the bed, and Jongin was pinching the bridge of his nose with his eyes squeezed shut. He was shaking his head furiously for a few minutes, but finally he gave up and an excited Luhan shot out from under the covers and into his arms, making Jongin laugh. Joonmyun hit a few keyboard buttons and the window closed out.
 
"I told you," Joonmyun retorted.
 
They watched as Luhan packed, and he and Jongin left the house, off to god knows where, letting it happen because they were together.
 
"Well, nothing of interest to report today, I'll report to Kris and Tao?" Chen offered, it was his turn to report to the 'terrorists' anyway. Yixing shook his head from across the room.
 
"You still have like...an hour to watch them."
 
"It's just Kyungsoo left, what could happen?" Chen asked, grumpily returning to the screen; but Kyungsoo wasn't in the foyer anymore, or his bedroom, or any other room in the house that Chen could see. He checked the backyard, the front yard, nothing. It was like he disappeared. "Yah, Joonmyun... I think Kyungsoo is in Jongin or Luhan's room..."
 
"Why would he be in there?" Joonmyun pulled up the window to Luhan's room once again, and saw Kyungsoo glancing around, moving things in drawers, and on shelves. Joonmyun and Chen held their breath when Kyungsoo picked up a Rubik's cube which happened to contain one of the monitors, and turned it around and around. He finally put it down, deciding that nothing about it was interesting. Unfortunately he put it down facing the shelf, so until it was moved again by Luhan, that camera was useless.
 
", that was my best one in Luhan's room," Joonmyun mumbled. Kyungsoo left Luhan's room and entered Jongin's room instead. He looked around doing the same thing as in Luhan's room.
 
He, again, came dangerously close to one of the monitors. He moved books off of a shelf and examined the dome shaped monitor. He tapped it a few times, and put his eye right up to the camera; but again left it, as if it was nothing of interest to him. They watched him finish looking around Jongin's room, stopping for a long time while looking at a particular picture, and the he left.
 
He searched around the house for a while, and found the storage area underneath the staircase.
 
"What is he even looking for?" Yixing asked, as he worked with some sort of medical device. The others just shook their heads because they didn't know either. They watched as Kyungsoo opened every single box, looking tired by the time he got to the last one. They weren't worried. There was nothing important in the boxes, they'd packed those boxes themselves. 
 
He opened the last box and something that neither Joonmyun more Chen recognized was pulled from it. It looked like a small scrapbook. Chen furrowed his brows.
 
"We never packed-"
 
"I know."
 
They zoomed in on the scrapbook when Kyungsoo opened it. The first page had a picture of what looked like a younger Kyungsoo. He had a small smile, and his lips made a heart-shape, a cute bowl cut, and deep brown eyes that seemed much older and wiser than they actually were. His cheeks were plump and pinch-able, and his head resembled a heart shape as well. 
 
They saw Kyungsoo's surprised face at seeing the picture of himself as a child's and realized that they had expressions to match it. A million thoughts were zipping through their minds. What could be on the next page?
 
Kyungsoo turned the page. A picture of a tiny, blue-faced baby, with puffy cheeks and closed eyes was glued to it.
 
"Oh my god. That isn't-" Chen began, but Joonmyun only nodded. Yixing stalked over, wanting to know what was happening.
 
"Where the hell did he get a picture of Minseok?!" He screeched.
 
They watched as Kyungsoo slowly pieced it all together, hoping against hope that he would come to some other conclusion. He read some sort of letter from the book. They watched as he began to fall apart inside. He cried, he screamed, and the look on his face was unbearable. They turned away, wanting to give him, at least a semblance of privacy.
 
Chen looked like he was about to throw up; Joonmyun was silent and stony on the outside, but on the inside he was crying for Kyungsoo. Yixing was stifling sobs with his hands, and furiously wiping tears from his eyes. None of them had ever seen someone in so much pure pain ever in their lives; and they knew that it was their fault.
 
They all found a new hatred for themselves and for each other that day. After seeing something like that, there was no going back.
 
"We should call him," Joonmyun said, his voice crackling, "to see where Luhan and Jongin went."
 
"To see where Jongin and Luhan went? Shouldn't we ask him if he's okay? Or something?" Yixing asked with eyes that begged Joonmyun not to be this way.
 
"No."
 
Yixing let his head fall back,and he stared at the ceiling. 
 
"You're worse than I thought. No wonder Baekhyun never liked you," Yixing spat. Joonmyun glared at him with fiery eyes that seems to hold more sadness than anger. 
 
"Baekhyun and I had our differences, so did you."
 
"It's different."
 
"Forget it. Chen, call Kyungsoo and ask about Luhan and Jongin. Say nothing about what just happened. He'll know we're watching if you do; but keep a close eye on him, we don't want anything going wrong," and with that, Joonmyun looked at Yixing, hurt; and left to report to Kris and Tao, even though it was Chen's turn.
 
Chen picked up the phone, and Yixing was left standing there with nothing to do and nothing to say.
 
 
A/N:
 
IM SORRY.
THIS CHAPTER
WAS BORING
AND BASICALLY
INSUBSTANTIAL
SO
SORRY.
 
no seriously though, I hope you liked it,
:)