Warning

Made in Korea

 

Chapter 15: POV- Narrator
 
 
 
"Well, things are going really smoothly, don't you think?" Chen asked smugly from his spot behind Joonmyun and Yixing. "I'm really glad we didn't tell Kris and Tao about this earlier, because that would have been suicidal."
 
"I'd watch yourself, if I was you, Chen," Joonmyun warned, still staring intently at the screen which was replaying the scene of Kyungsoo arriving home, bloody and barely conscious. 
 
"I mean... He's... Right, Joonmyun. We screwed up, you have to realize that now," Yixing countered, "we should have told Kris before it got out of hand, which was inevitable really and–"
 
"Is there anything wrong with our Perfect Match, Yixing?"
 
"Pardon?"
 
"Is there anything wrong with Luhan or Jongin? Either half of our perfect pair?Joonmyun raised his eyebrows matter of factly. Yixing sighed in response. 
 
"Not...physically," he concluded, "but mentally I'm sure they are both torn to shreds. Joonmyun, their best friend could die at any second! And they'll be even more distressed if he does die! Think what could happen! I made those damn walls in their heads strong but I don't know if Jongin's can handle this. He's always been closer to Kyungsoo than Luhan has–" 
 
"Is there anything wrong with them that Kris or Tao will be able to see by looking at them on a screen?" Joonmyun asked, scratching his head.
 
"Possibly. I mean what would you do if your friend was sick like that? I'd cry, I don't know about either of you, maybe that's just me," Yixing bit back.
 
"I suppose you're correct, Yixing. What do you propose we do, hmm?"
 
"Well, I–"
 
"Would you like to go to Kris and tell him that we have ruined his system? Again? I think he'd take it well. What do you think, Chen?" Joonmyun finally turned the conversation to him.
 
"You know me, Joonmyun, I think we should tell them before it gets even worse," Chen repeated fro the millionth time that week. Joonmyun scoffed and nodded his head, his jaw twitched angrily.
 
"And if they get angry? What then? What will we do then?"
 
"They fire us. Big deal. Doctors and scientists are in incredibly high demand these days, we'll have no problem finding another job..." Chen said as if it was obvious, but Yixing knew what would really happen, as did Joonmyun.
 
"You really think," Joonmyun took slow steps toward Chen as he spoke, "that they'll let you off that easily? You know too much about their plans, Chen. You know too much about the government. No, they wouldn't fire you, Chen." Joonmyun was centimeters from Chen's face now and he leaned in toward his ear and whispered, "they'd kill you," then he backed up and turned toward the screen again.
 
"Please. They wouldn't be able to cover up something like that," Chen reasoned.
 
"Chen," Yixing began, "all you are to them is a means to an end. The end being a working perfect match system. And they'll need you to keep it going, after it really picks up. As long as you work here, doing this, you are safe from the insanity that we all know we are aiding, but as soon as you want to leave it either death or brainwash. Brainwash generally means death anyway, because it doesn't actually work. You're lucky if you live through it–"
 
"It doesn't matter! They can't just run around killing people! Someone will notice eventually!" Chen tried.
 
"Sure, eventually, but it will be too late for you, Chen!" Yixing shouted at him. "There's no reason for you to risk it!" He hissed, "I'm sorry that you didn't know what you were getting into when you came here, but there's nothing you can do about it now. Put it behind you. That's what we have all done," Yixing gestured to the workers in the room.
 
Chen looked around the lab at all his associates, people he had thought were smart and  trustworthy, but he realized now that everyone in the room had some sort of monster in them, including himself. H wondered how he had possibly fallen this far without noticing. He felt like it was yesterday he was fresh out of school, and a man with dark hair, dark eyes and dark intentions approached him offering him a job which he accepted automatically.
 
 "I suppose," Chen cleared his throat, and Joonmyun and Yixing turned to him, "that... For the sake of our safety... We should keep this situation to ourselves. For now at least."
 
The other two men smiled at him, then at each other. Joonmyun reached toward the computer mouse and silently selected the surveillance folder. He glanced at Chen and Yixing for any objections, but there were none. In one swift movement he pressed down on the delete key and the files were lost to all.
 
For good.
 
_____
 
A/N:
Hey guys!
 
I know this chapter is really short and kind of ty so I'm really sorry about that, but the next chapter will make up for it. I've written it already, and I'm just adding finishing touches... So it should be up later today or tomorrow at the very latest. Anyway, I hope it was A LITTLE enjoyable to read even though I think it kinda stinks!
 
<3
love you guys! Remember to comment below, it's greatly appreciated as are UPVOTES!
thanks!
-Luhandsome123