Shhhhhhh!

Made in Korea

 

Ch.3: POV- Kyungsoo
 
"This is where we're going to live?!" Luhan gaped at the monstrous house standing before them. 
 
"Isn't this a bit extreme?" I asked, thinking that it was more than a bit extreme.
 
"No. Absolutely not. Only the best for the three of you," Tao explained.
 
The house had small gardens littering the front yard, and was painted bright colors. It was the perfect house for Luhan and Jongin to live in. They had to live an ideal life.
 
"Okay! Let's go!" Luhan agreed quickly and tugged Jongin toward the redwood door that was the entry to the house. I sighed, and followed, the third wheel as usual. I closed the door behind me and stopped cold. The inside of the house was even more beautiful then the outside.
 
The walls were covered in large squares of blue, red, green, yellow, white, and orange. There were boxy tables and boxy couches of the same colors. Almost like-
 
"Jongin-ah! It looks just like a Rubik's cube!" Luhan jumped up and down happily, and Jongin smiled at his happiness. I rolled my eyes. Really? They modeled the house after a Rubik's cube? That's so-
 
"Cool!" I heard Jongin shout from another room. Well I was going to say 'stupid', but whatever. I followed the sound of his voice to a room with all sports decor. Soccer ball bean bags, and a giant TV, probably so we could watch any sports game we wanted. There was a tiny basketball hoop hanging on the door, and Jongin was shooting at it; but, naturally, he missed and the soft fake basketball hit me in the face.
 
"Wah! Sorry, Kyungie!" He said. The use of this nickname wiped the frown off my face.
 
"It's okay, Jonginnie! It didn't hurt." He smiled cheekily at me and continued shooting after I tossed the ball back to him and plopped myself down on a bean bag opposite Luhan.
 
"Everything is to your liking, then?" Tao asked. Neither Luhan nor Jongin replied so I spoke for everyone.
 
"Yes it's fine. Thanks." With that, Tao bowed and left us. I was curious as to why he was being so respectful, but I wasn't about to complain. I watched Jongin and Luhan as they they played sports video games and we watched a basketball game. They seemed to be having fun. 
 
I looked down at my hands in my lap, begging myself not to cry.
 
During the basketball game, I saw this guy, sitting on the bench looking defeated. I realized that we were just alike, always watching what we loved most from the sidelines. I wished I could play the game just once, just to see what it's like, but it's a one on one affair, and I'm not either team. Luhan vs. Jongin. I'm never in the mix. 
 
I've finally accepted that; but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. I pushed my feelings down, as always, and put a smile on. At the very least I can be his best friend. That's better than nothing, isn't it? 
 
I glanced up and saw Jongin smiling widely at me; and I couldn't have kept myself from smiling back if I had tried. 
 
"What time is it?" Luhan said.
 
"Uhh..." I looked around for a clock, but Jongin just pulled out his phone and flicked it on.
 
"11:57" he answered.
 
"Jeez," Luhan rubbed his eyes and yawned, "how did it get so late so fast?"
 
"I don't know. I'm going to bed, guys. See you in the morning," I said glumly.
 
"Goodnight!"
"'Night!"  They chimed together as I exited the room.
 
I soon found myself back in the entryway area that strongly resembled a Rubik's cube. I trudged across the foyer and went down a hall and found a winding staircase. I looked up it, but it ascended into the ceiling and I couldn't see what was at the top. I jogged up the stairway and almost ran into a door.
 
There was a little plaque on the door, and in tiny writing- I squinted to read it- it said: Do Kyungsoo. I shrugged and opened the door because- why the hell not. 
 
"Oh my gosh..." I said to myself. There was a little, fully-stocked kitchen along the wall to my left. I rushed over to it, and opened the cabinets. There were enough dishes for four people to eat at once in the cabinets above the fridge, which was filled to the brim with fresh vegetables, cheeses, fruits, and other foods. My eyes widened. I hadn't expected anything like this. Not for me.
 
I opened all the cabinets around the room, which was tiled with a bluish colored flooring. There were spices, and boxes of cooking utensils and bags of flour, sugar, baking powder. Everything I needed to make my favorite meal- kimchi spaghetti- was there too. 
 
"This is insane!" I ran a hand through my hair and then let my arm fall to my side. I turned around and was baffled at what else I saw. There was even a little stage and karaoke station! Everything was organized and...perfect. I had always wanted to live in a place like this... 
 
How did they know?
 
I walked over to my dresser, found some pajamas and threw them on. I tucked myself into bed and closed my eyes. I laid there for what felt like hours, but when I opened my eyes, I saw on the that it had only been a few minutes.
 
I couldn't sleep. I sighed and shoved the covers off of me and stood, scratching my head. I headed over to the karaoke machine and turned it on shuffle, just to see what would pop up. Some English song that sounded familiar. I hummed along to the music where the words should have been. Then I heard a faint dinging noise. Then a knocking. 
 
I opened the door to the stairs and the dinging became louder. I walked down the stairs and into the foyer, in which the dinging was now clearly a 'ding dong'. I realized that someone must have been ringing the doorbell. I peeked through the peep-hole. Two men stood there, bouncing up and down on their heels nervously.
 
One of them, a tall guy, had light curly hair and a crazy smile; and the other, much shorter, had dark straight hair, and thin lips pulled into a frown. I narrowed my eyes.
 
Let me see...let in the crazy looking strangers? Or leave the out in the cold? Hmmm....
 
Well. I'm bored anyway.
 
I cracked the door open and poked my head out.
 
"Who's there?" The boys both looked up at me. I raised my eyebrows at them, emphasizing my question.
 
"Uhhh...well my name is Chanyeol... And this is Baekhyun," the tall guy stated while the little one- Baekhyun- just nodded vigorously.
 
"And WHY are you here?" I inquired. It came out meaner than I meant it to, and Chanyeol looked away. Baekhyun pursed his lips.
 
"Look...can we come in-"
 
"Why would I let two complete strangers into my house which is furnished with very nice things?!" I shouted.
 
"Because we have information that you might want to know about," Baekhyun told me.
 
"Sure you do, buddy. Sure," I began to close the door.
 
"It's about your friends!" Chanyeol blurted, I re-opened the door, I only had two friends; and if there was something we didn't know about them...
 
"What about my friends?" I asked. Chanyeol took a breath as if about to tell me, but Baekhyun cut him off.
 
"Let us in, and we'll tell you. And wake them up, they'll want to hear this too."
 
"And how do I know you're not lying to me?"
 
"You always were stubborn..." He muttered, "you're just going to have to trust me."
 
I was always stubborn? What does he mean? Do we know each other? I squinted at him trying to find his face in a memory somewhere. Nothing. I blew some hair out of my eyes and let them in.
 
"Thank you!" Chanyeol hugged me so hard I couldn't breathe, when he put me down I bent over and put my hands on my knees. "Oh...sorry. Baekkie says that I shouldn't do that anymore...I forgot."
 
Baekhyun laughed nervously. 
 
"I'll go...get Luhan and Jongin..."
 
"Yeah. Sure, we'll just stay here!" Baekhyun called and waved as I wound down the hallway that led to Jongin's room. I knocked on the door lightly. 
 
How do I wake them up??? I can't just walk in, what if they're....ew. Just ew.
 
I knocked a little louder and heard someone get up and pad toward the door. As they were walking to the door, I wondered how I would explain to them why I woke them up.
 
I imagined Jongin opening the door and me standing there for way too long staring at him in his pajamas before saying something like- ummm....I let some strangers into our house because they said they needed to tell us something and then I left them in the foyer and that's where they are now.
 
THAT would go over well. 
 
I was jarred from my thoughts when I looked up to see, not Jongin, but Luhan standing before me scratching his head and yawning.
 
"Yes? Is there a particular reason you woke me up at this time in the night?" He asked groggily.
 
"Uuhhh...there's...people...in the foyer?"
 
"Like...people from the labs?" He leaned against the doorframe, his arms crossed, blinking sleepily.
 
"Ummm...no?"
 
"So. What you're telling me," he waved a finger at me, "Is that there are random people standing in our foyer right now?"
 
"Uh, well, sort of...maybe?" I tried. He stared at me for a few moments before shrugging and saying-
 
"Okay". Then he walked over to the bed and shook the lumpy figure that was Jongin awake. 
 
"What? What is it?!" He asked, suddenly alert.
 
"There's some strangers in our house and-"
 
"WHAT?!" He jumped out of the bed and grabbed a baseball bat. "Everyone, just STAY CALM," he whispered.
 
"No-" Luhan began to wave his hands.
 
"Shhhh...lulu, please be quiet. I'm not going to let them hurt you, okay?" He patted Luhan on the top of his head and Luhan gave him a confused look.
 
"Jongin-"
 
"SHHHH SHSHHSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!" He shushed me again. I had to suppress the urge to laugh. He tip-toed out of the room, Luhan and I followed. He kept glancing back at us and finally whisper-screamed- "could you guys walk any louder?! Seriously! They could be KILLERS!" He got really close to my face, his eyes were the size of saucers.
 
"Okay, okay! Sorry!" Luhan said and began to tip-toe as well. I kept walking normally, just quieter. When we got to the end of the hallway, Jongin put a finger to his lips to tell us to be quiet.
 
"Okay, I'm sorry, this has gone on too long. I should have told you-" I muttered; but I stopped when Jongin's eyes widened at me. Jongin made small motions to tell us his plan to rid our home of the supposed murderers.
 
He acted as if he was counting to three, and then mimed us running over to the people. Jongin would whack them with his bat, and Luhan and I would tackle them to the ground.
 
"But, Jongin-" I tried again.
 
"SHHHHHHHH! Jeez! Can you take a hint?!"
 
"But-" but he pointed at me, and pretended to zip his lips. My shoulders sagged in defeat. Jongin counted to three on his fingers and Luhan ran forward, playing along; but before Jongin could move, I grabbed his bat from him.
 
"Traitor!" He screamed, "Luhan! Kyungsoo is working with them! Get them! Get them!"
 
"Jongin!" But he pinned me to the wall and just looked at me with sad, disappointed eyes.
 
"I thought you were better than this! I thought you were our friend!" He said dramatically. Then he let his head hang low, shaking it in a disappointed fashion.
 
"Jongin, they aren't murderers!" Then I heard Luhan and Baekhyun and Chanyeol 
explode into laughter.
 
"Wait...what?" He said, letting go of me.
 
"They aren't murderers."
 
"But you said there were strangers in our foyer," he looked confused.
 
"But I let them in they're not-"
 
"You let them in?! Why would you do that?!"
 
"I was bored and they said they had important information!"
 
"Kyungsoo. Don't ever OPEN THE DOOR TO STRANGERS! Not during the day, and CERTAINLY not in the middle of the night! What time is it anywa- 3 am?! Really?!" He stormed out of the hallway and stomped up to Chanyeol, poking him in the chest. "You disturbed my Beauty sleep! How- why would you do something like that?!" He sputtered.
 
"Umm...your what?" Chanyeol asked and Jongin slumped over and fell into a chair. "Is he okay?" Chanyeol asked us, but didn't look away from Jongin.
 
"Yeah," Luhan explained, "he just really likes to sleep, that's all. Jongin-ah," Luhan cooed. "These men have to talk to us." Jongin pouted and shook his head like a toddler.
 
"Please?" Baekhyun said, "it's important... I'm Baekhyun and this is Chanyeol." Jongin opened one eye, then the other and sighed.
 
"Finnnne!" He whined.
 
"Uhhh..." I said wondering where we should all sit down and talk, "we could go up to my room?"
 
"Ooh!" Luhan squealed, "where where?" 
 
"It's that way," I said motioning toward the hall that led to the stairs, but as soon as I did, Luhan sprinted off that way, pulling a stumbling Jongin behind him.