Chapter 8 -- Ageless

Monsters: The Mousetrap

Hana closed her eyes, her mind already drifting off, her muscles relaxed as she fell asleep. The amount of brain power required to figure out this problem bothered her tremendously. She had yet to figure anything out so she needed an edge on the competition.

She fell into a dream world as she walked through alleyways and skyscrapers. The world looked similar to Seoul but it seemed to be darker than usual. The skies were grey and overcast and she looked around to see that the world was monochrome.

This wasn’t real and she knew it, but she continued to walk around and every face she saw was solemn. As if they knew something was wrong, as if they knew something bad had happened.

She reached out and tried to stop someone but they just brushed her hand away and ran off. She frowned to herself before she walked past an old electronics store.

It was small but it had all the necessities, big screen televisions, compact music players, all the newest technology in one place. The channel had been to the news and she saw a male reporter on the screen. He had blonde hair and sincere eyes, when he smiled, it looked genuine. 

But the words leaving his mouth were that of bad news. Hana listened to what he had to say, “In breaking news, another young woman has gone missing today, this is the sixth disappearance in two months and the rate of them have been escalating. No witnesses have said anything conclusive to the investigation and police are still searching for the perpetrator.” He explained.

Hana pressed herself against the glass and she kept her eyes glued on the television, every word that man had said was similar to her problems of real life. But how could that even be possible, this was a dream it wasn’t reality. Unless it was her subconscious trying to tell her something. She shook off the thoughts in her head as the man on the news continued talking.

“The only thing that the police have shared is that it is a male taking these woman, in the middle of the night. No reason why and they have been unable to find motive due to the dramatic differences between each woman as well. Something that could be said that these women have in common? Their beauty.” The man said. “But that is all that the police have shared with the press.”

Hana gasped as she realized that’s the only conclusion she had reached as well. In this world, she had no choice of finding out the truth either since her sub conscious couldn’t even figure it out.

“And now, we will take a quick break and when we come back, we will have Jae with the weather report.” The man said as he disappeared off the screen and commercials came on. A woman with short hair came out in a red dress that showed a little bit of cleavage and a little bit of leg. She walked around an old style room that was sort of a bar. She smirked and smiled to the camera before she sat down.

“Never tell people your secret to looking beautiful.” She winked to the camera and brought a finger to her lips before the commercial ended. 

Hana had remembered seeing that commercial before, she had never really bothered with television but she had saw it in passing just once. The woman was flawless and ageless despite her real age and she never looked a day past 21.

After the commercial ended, the gossip show started on the television and Hana walked away when she heard the woman’s voice. She never liked the gossip shows but she had seen this segment once as well.

“In other news, Miss Jeong Hyosung has made it into another CF. She always seems to look younger and younger every year even though she is reaching her mid-30s. She is definitely proving the industry wrong by retaining her youth and keeping her in the game as she takes on CFs that would normally go to those 10 years her junior.” The woman said. “What is her secret?”

Hana looked on as she saw the comparison between Hyosung at 20 and Hyosung at 34. There was really no difference, no real difference between the two, she couldn’t even see any aging in her eyes either and that’s where most people aged first. Her jaw dropped in surprise, she should have paid more attention.

The vain part of her was hoping that she would look like that when she was 35 while the other part was wondering why her sub conscious wanted her to remember this commercial. Why did it matter who this person was in the investigation?

She had nothing to base on for this and no reason to believe that they were bad or anything. She had nothing to go on at this point, but if her dreams were telling her to remember Jeong Hyosung then she had nothing to lose by investigating her.

She turned from the screen before walking right into a solid wall of muscle, her shoulder took most of the impact and she knew she would have a bruise if this was real.

“Sorry.” She said as the person caught her shoulders and straightened her up before she fall on her .

“It’s fine. I’m just glad you’re okay.” He said as he gave her a sweet eye smile before nodding and walking away.

She turned to get a better look at him but by then the world had disappeared and she found herself opening her eyes back in her own apartment. She reached for her phone immediately and checked the time. It was already twelve noon. She had fallen asleep before the sun came up so she knew she had gotten more than her normal two hours.

It was probably the most sleep she had ever gotten in a very long time. She stretched for a moment before climbing off the couch to get ready for a brand new day. She had something to go on, thanks to her dream and maybe now she would actually be able to discover something.


Author's Note;
hey guys, so its been awhile again. lol.
life has just gotten crazy tbh. school started up again. my love life is exciting :3
And i started to do kpop dance covers with my dance club at school on a somewhat regular basis.. :3
Please check them out here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFrc11BdlJA_wvGy_nntmgA

Subscribe, like and drop requests on YouTube or Facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/PhoenixShaka