Chapter 5 -- The Wall

Monsters: The Mousetrap

Her body clock naturally woke her up after two hours of sleep. She never managed to get any more than that at one time. It was a miracle she didn't collapse from the amount of sleep she got or the amount of food she managed to eat.

But she figured out a way to time the two hours "naps" appropriately so she would be well-rested and fresh to look at the case. They had only begun after the case started anyway. 

She stretched her arms above her head as she felt her limbs wake up from the long day. She had to give herself just 10 minutes to herself before getting back to the case. She had managed to pick up some yoga poses from one of the videos Seungyub had sent when she needed to get healthy again.

She stood up straight for the salutation pose before easing her back into a downward dog. She regulated her breathing as she cleared her mind. This was the perfect way for her to wake up and deal with her scattered brain about the case. 

She pulled back into the child's pose, stretching out her back and meditating for a minute, taking deep breaths in and out. Slowly, easing herself up and rolling her neck slowly so she didn't break anything, she opened her eyes.

Now, she could get back to the case. She walked outside of the bed space and into the other room. Where one entire wall was cluttered with pictures on a map of the area. She used select star post-it notes for the names of the scents that the girls smelled.

She had added french fries earlier and about how Yoona got all the guys in her school as well. That was something that seemed to be a pattern as well. All from different schools, but all of them seemed to be the 'it girl' every guy wanted. 

But the smells were all different. It made no sense, the only way the perpetrator could lure all them with their favorite smells was if he stalked them in between each disappearance. But there was no pattern to that either.

Sometimes it was once a week and sometimes it was twice a week. And where were all the bodies? A would release the girls after he was done. That sort of tactic was all about the power trip, he needed the feeling of a helpless girl in order to get his release.

But that never happened with anyone. Once the power trip was over, a would let the girl go. But no one had returned.

Now, if it was a kidnapper, then it would make more sense. But the reasoning behind all of it made no sense. They would need to stalk their prey and figure out their usual patterns. But all these girls were doing something off-pattern when they were taken.

So it didn't make sense for it to be a kidnapper that stalked their prey. But he would keep the victims, which is why no bodies had been found. 

All the girls were different though, their facial structures were different, their heights were different. They all had different styles of dress. Length of hair wasn't the same, though color was similar being all dark brown or black.

There was nothing else to link all these girls together, not even their ages were the same. She sighed to herself, how could someone figure out what their favorite scents were. That was the key factor out of all of these kidnappings. 

She wrapped red string around five thumbtacks and connected the pictures of the scents together. She fumbled through her desks and found a red marker and drew a big question mark over everything.

What in the world did the scents have to do with this? It was an important that distinguished all the disappearances from each other.

And why only those girls? The only way she could prevent another one was to research the gossip about each school. She had to find that one girl that everyone wanted to get with. And that was too much work for her. She had no idea what school would be hit next.

All the locations were everywhere, he had no way of knowing when and where the girl would go in the following days. He had no history of stalking and yet he had to stalk them to find out what he knew about them.

She also wondered about how he knew that they were the popular girl that every guy wanted. How could the kidnapper know who she was without following the schools. Not to mention, how did he know where she would be at that time of day.

None of them were following routine schedules, they had decided on a trip that day and they had been chosen so randomly, Hana didn't know what to make of it. 

And in fact, their favorite scents, how did the kidnapper know about their favorite scents? He couldn't have known them without some serious digging for information. None of them had shared that knowledge without anyone out of the ordinary before their disappearance.

Not only that, but none of them had any connection to each other. The places, the time of day, the scents, their company, their passions. Nothing in common.

Hana let out a deep sigh, before she shook her head. This was the wrong way of going about this. She had find something to focus on. There was too much going on in this big jumble of thoughts going on in her head. She grabbed a piece of paper and pen to get ready.

She had to grab something to focus on and decided to write down the main questions that were bothering her.

Number One, how did he know that the girls were the popular ones? He had no record of stalking them and if she had to take weeks to figure out who was who, then so would he.

Number Two, how did he know their favorite scents? Again, no stalking so he had no way of figuring that out on his own. But also, the girls didn't tell anyone their secrets either.

Number Three, what was he doing with the girls? They had to be going somewhere, but she had no idea where. Their bodies weren't appearing but neither were they gone.

And Number Four, the biggest question of all, who was he? What type of person was he? How was he getting the girls to follow him? This was the biggest worry to her, after all. If she couldn't find out the truth about this, then she never would.

She grabbed a thumbtack and put the questions right next to the big red question mark on the board and sighed. She had done enough looking at her notes for the moment. She grabbed onto a book and sat on the couch, it was time to take a break and then look over them again.


Author's Note;
here is another update ^^
I have been busy with the naughty fic to update this.. :o
But I hope you enjoy this ^^ <3