Chapter 20 -- Forever

Monsters: The Mousetrap

She stood there watching the sewers, this was her pastime now, she had to check up on every girl that had the magic. She had to see if they would win out, or if what he said would win out.

A knock on the door disturbed her thoughts and she glared at him. 

“What? You told me to come so I did. Though you didn’t need to be so angry with my little brother.” He told her, walking up to the same screen.

“I had asked for you and you sent him.” She continued to glare at him, she crossed her arms over her chest. 

“I was busy with other things. I can't just come at your beck and call." He replied, "You act like you own me but you don't." 

She smirked, "But I will. After this is all over, you're going to have to break off your little puppy love." She told him.

"You are so simple, just because you have all these people that will prove your point. You know that if they don't end up with their respected partners, I can keep my true love." He said to her.

"This girl will help me prove my point." She pointed at the screen, "She's still scared of him, he's a monster."

"You can't see it, can you? He already loves her." He told her, "Just watch the way he cares for her. He ignores your comrade."

"She won't love him. She will leave him, like how all of them will." She said confidently. She had lost once but she had to faith that it wouldn't happen again.

"Just wait and see, I believe in true love. They will overcome it." He said, walking out of that dark room.

"You should stay and watch this." She suggested. She wanted him to stay with her, she couldn't handle this again.

"I wish I could, but I have other things to do. You should consider getting out of this dark room every once in a while." He replied.

"No cheating, remember? I know that was you on the phone with that girl." She reminded him.

"What? Me?" He said innocently.

"I've got my eyes on you." She threatened.

"I'm sure you do. Toodles."

Hana walked inside the cell and saw Kiki’s back turned towards her. “Hey.” She said softly. He grunted in response, she could detect something else in his tone. She sighed as she approached him, “If you heard me just now, I didn’t really mean all of it.” She said.

He turned around and sat down, slouching sadly. He had heard the end of the conversation when Hana had said she couldn’t fall in love with a monster. Hyosung was right, he had given himself false hope at being rescued.

“Hey.” She said, shaking her head. She approached him and waited until he reached out his hand for her. He never did and she simply stood there, as close as she could get to him. “I didn’t mean it. She told me how to save you.”

His eyes rolled as he felt her lie, she couldn’t have meant that. Hyosung would never tell her how to save him, Hyosung wanted to keep him for herself.

She crossed her arms over her chest, “I’m telling you the truth. True love’s kiss will set you free. Just like how the youth spell is from an old wives’ tale, your miracle is from a fairy tale.” She told him in all seriousness.

His eyes lit up a little, it was that simple? He just needed to find his true love. No wonder Hyosung always tried to kiss him when she got the chance. She wanted to know if he would return to normal.

“Now can we talk normally?” Hana asked him as her eyes gestured at his hand. 

He grunted in agreement and held out his hand for her to climb on. This time he let her rest on his giant belly that jutted out when he sat. He kept his hand there for her safety when she adjusted herself for comfort.

“So, you were a really good looking human before from what I heard.” She said to him. “Were you muscular or something?” She asked him.

He made a noise that sounded similar to a yes, he remembered what he looked like. He was one of those guys that worked out for fun, he wanted to be healthy, not just because he wanted girls. He never wanted that but he knew that having a body helped.

“Were you a muscle head though? Only doing it for the chicks?” She asked. She didn’t want to help him if he ended up being like that. She never wanted to be around a guy like that.

He grunted unhappily, he knew about those types of people. He was not one of them, he ran into them sometimes though. They were pigs and he was not like that at all. They all loved Hyosung but not him.

“That’s good. I don’t like muscle heads. Were you a gentleman then?” She asked again. Maybe she was also in denial earlier, maybe she really was just going crazy. 

He grunted half-heartily, he wasn’t sure what that word meant anymore. He did everything his mother asked of him, he would have done anything for his girl as well. But he rejected Hyosung just because of a vain and superficial reason.

“Does that mean sometimes?” She said before laughing. “I guess that’s normal, most guys aren’t always gentlemen, but they’ll have their moments.”

He smiled to himself, hearing her laugh made him happy. If only he could always make her laugh. He would love to hear her laugh all the time. 

“You rejected Hyosung I heard too? Why? Wasn’t she beautiful?” Hana asked him. She had no idea why she decided to ask a non yes or no question. He wouldn’t be able to answer her properly, but she would be able to see something in his eyes.

He grunted again and he sounded mad and it sounded like a no. His eyes were full of disgust for that woman. She wondered exactly what made him reject Hyosung, but she would never know until he became human again. IF he could become human again.

“I see. Do you want me to call you Kiki?” She asked him. He shook his head, “Kikwang then?” He nodded.

“Okay, Kikwang. I’m probably going to take another nap again. Keep me warm?” She asked.

He made a noise and brought his hand up so she could try and lie down on his belly. She got comfortable and closed her eyes. He watched as her breathing grew slower and she was sound asleep.

Hyosung was right though, how could this girl fall in love with a monster like him? She was comfortable around him, sure, but nothing like that a girl did when she was in love. Maybe he would just never be free.


Author's Note;;
another update peoplessss~~~ :3
And here is more kiki x hana action. :o I'm trying to develop the relationship.. :o
Though i think I might use some inspiration from Beauty and the Beast to help. :)
Enjoy ^^V