Chapter 21 -- Underneath It All

Monsters: The Mousetrap

Her breathing was a nice rhythmic pattern and Kikwang found himself falling asleep as well. He used his dreams as an escape from the guilt that he felt, bringing the girls to Hyosung.

Hana twitched as her dream changed, she fell into an older setting, her clothes changed into a dress. It was full and down to her ankles, she noticed her hair was in a braid. She looked around and saw a man smiling at her. She approached him and he held out his hand to her. “Who are you?” She asked him. He wasn’t bad looking, muscular, toned, on the shorter side but still taller than she was.

He smiled again, “I’ll tell you that later.” He said, he led her through the town and many people waved to him and he greeted them back.

“Where are we then?” She asked. “I’ve never seen this before.” She looked around in wonder, the houses were all old looking, nothing like the skyscrapers and glass buildings she was used to.

“I sure hope you’ve never seen this before. This is where I grew up.” He told her, they walked past an open flower shop and he picked out a thornless white rose. He handed it to her and gave her a sweet smile, “For you.”

She smelled it and said politely, “Thank you. That’s sweet of you.”

“You should try decipher what it means.” He told her, as they continue walking.

They passed a newer looking building and he smiled at her, "You've never been to a place like this before huh?" He asked. 

"I'm not even sure what kind of place this is," Hana responded, she still played with the rose in her hand. She didn't study up on flower meanings, she never thought she would have to.

But now, she wished she did at least a small amount of research, maybe it would help her figure out who this guy was.

"Come on, I'll show you." He told her and they walked inside, where live music reached Hana's ears first.

She looked around and saw some people sitting down in chairs facing the middle. Some cups left behind carelessly on small tables and a band on the stage in the back.

But the main feature of the place was the dance floor in the middle, she could only tell it was a dance floor because of what people did on it.

The room was a much different experience from what she had when was back home. They weren’t scantily dressed women or men who only looked interested in getting some. They politely asked the girls to dance and they accepted or declined. They didn’t rub up against each other nor did they do anything remotely intimate, she saw some people stealing kisses here and there, but nothing more.

“Wow.” She said, the entire room was light and happy feeling, nothing holding anyone back.

“Never been to a place like this before huh?” He asked her, “Come on, let’s go down there.” He led her down the stairs and they approached the dance floor. Everyone around them smiled at him and she felt like she was with the most popular guy at school.

The girls around them awed at her, she felt tense walking past some of them, jealousy, or something. Not that it mattered, he squeezed the hand she had on his arm as they walked. He led her to the dance floor and turned around, “Will you dance with me?” He asked her, bowing his head.

“Sure.” She answered, he took the rose and put it in his jacket, then took her hands to lead her. She slowly caught on to what the steps and they moved all the way across the room.

He smiled and watched her expressions as they twirled, spun and waltzed their way from corner to corner of the dance floor. He was right about this girl, she was special.

"We should take a break." He told her. Hana agreed and they walked off the dance floor. She had never danced like that in her whole life and it surprised her that a part of her enjoyed it.

She never thought she was old-fashioned in wanting simple dates, nothing extravagant. She grew up one of the world's fastest paced cities and there was no time for taking things slow and going on dates.

She gave him a side glance, whoever this guy was, he was showing her that being courted was something she wanted.

They walked out onto a balcony and she noticed the sun had gone down and the stars were shining bright in the sky.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" He asked her with a cute smile.

She replied with a smile, "Yes, I did." She answered. 

"Good. I enjoy taking a girl out to dancing, it's fun." He told her, leaning on the balcony railing.

"Oh, really? And how many girls have you taken out dancing?" Hana asked him suspiciously.

"Lately? Just you. I haven't really gotten a chance to go out with anyone." He replied.

"Why not? You're good looking." She asked him, "I'm sure many of those girls down there want to be with you."

He turned to her and smiled again, "You're the girl I want to dance with." He said.

She gave him a look, "Is that a line you use?" She asked.

His entire face registered his shock, "What? No, what is a line?" He asked back. 

She read his body language and felt that he was really genuine. "Never mind. Have you decided when you're going to tell me your name?" She said, quickly changing the subject back.

"Have you figured out the meaning of the flower yet?" He countered, he took the thornless white rose out of his pocket and twirled it around with his fingers.

"I don't really know the meaning of flowers. I have never had to study that before." She told him meekly, looking down at her hands.

“I know you haven’t. That’s why I don’t expect you to figure it out right away.” He leaned in close to her face and Hana froze in her spot. This was the first time all night he ever tried to come on to her.

“Come and find me when you figure it out okay?” He smirked at her, moving to her cheek. He whispered in her ear, “My name is Kikwang,” pressing his lips softly against her cheek. 

Her eyes widened at this revelation but the entire dream disappeared in a moment. He was gone and she was left alone, to gather her thoughts. Hyosung wasn’t wrong, that was for sure, he was good looking. But is that what he looked like now? 

His entire conversation seemed to make sense in the present, but how was he able to access her dreams? And if he could do it now, why couldn’t he have done it before? Her mind went into high gear and that caused her to wake up. 

She realized she was still in Kiki’s arms and he had fallen asleep too, maybe that’s how he accessed her dreams. But first things first, she needed to figure out what a thornless white rose meant. And there was only one way she could figure that out.

The ominous clicking of heels was the only sign that the answer was coming towards her. She knew she would be in trouble now.


Author's Note;;
Update!! ^_^V sorry guys, summer school got crazy ridiculous with assignments..
but I hope you enjoy this.. :o
I'll reveal what the flower means in the next chapter. :)
But.. this is almost over for Kiki~
Then it'll be another monster~