Chapter 3 -- Review

Monsters: The Mousetrap

Hana took a sip of her cafe latte, or what was left of it as she stared at all of her notes on everything, the girls, their bios, their pictures, the testimonies of the witnesses.

Bae Suji, senior in secondary school, had an aim to study fashion in college. She was with her good friend Min when she was taken. They had stepped into a convenience store to pick up ice cream for a midnight snack when Suji mentioned something about lavender. Min grabbed her pint of cookies and cream and that was when she noticed Suji was gone.

Lee Jieun, a sophomore in university, she was studying music, vocal lessons as well as composition classes. She always walked down the same road home alone, but one night she was with Yang Seungho who offered to walk her home. He also had a secret crush on her and was gathering up the courage to ask her out. As they walked through a park towards her house, they came to a stop and he turned away, looking at the ground and anywhere but her so he could confess. She said she smelled coffee and that she had been staying up late the past few nights. By the time, he looked up to confess, she was gone.

Park Bo Young, a senior in university, she was working part-time as an actress on a small sitcom as well as taking an theatre degree. She had many projects for films, stage as well as television coming up and was getting sleep deprived. She managed to get a few hours here and there with her friend and costar Woo Bin helping her out. They had been rehearsing as she noticed the smell of chamomile tea, he dismissed it because it was a relaxing tea and he didn't want her to sleep yet. He followed through with his role and turned around to give his monologue and she had disappeared as well.

And then there was Im Yoona, with her smell of french fries, and late night business as well. There was that pattern of being taken only at night. But that was it, they were all in different places, different times of night and different lures.

Hana thought that the smells were just different because they had all been thinking about what they wanted at the time. But they all had something else in common, they were all known to be the pretty popular types. All of their friends and witnesses had said that every guy could only dream of getting those girls.

And their beauty seemed to be unmatched by others as well. That's all she could think of, however.

Maybe the police were right, they had all been in different places, all different lures. They could have been different people that took them. Or maybe they ran away from their responsibilities and it was too much stress for them. But they really didn't seem the type.

And neither was she. The first one to go was not the runaway type either. There just had to be something else. Someone else, some other clue that she was missing.

"I knew I would find you still here." She looked up to see her helpful assistant sit down across from her. He threw her a bag from the nearest fast food restaurant and he smirked.

"Seungyub, what are you doing here?" She asked him as she looked in the bag, it had a burger and fries. One of her favorite meals lately. Last week she had craved pizza so bad, she figured that the cravings were due to the lack of sleep she was getting.

"I'm here to make sure you eat something." Seungyub replied to her. "You always do this, you know. You get so focused in finding the answers and you never think about what your body needs." 

"I'm sorry. I just need to know what connects these girls." She said to him, stuffing some fries in , "So far, I've got little to nothing." She said.

"Tell me what you have. Maybe I can think of something." He suggested to her as he knelt forward, his hands lacing together in front of him on the table. "I'm all ears."

Hana gave him a look before swallowing her food, "I don't have much like I said. All of them were abducted at night, different times and places though, and all of them were the popular girls in school, the girl that every guy wanted to be with."

Seungyub looked at her intently as if he was waiting for more.

"That's all I got." Hana said and he relaxed his position.

"Well, you're right, it's not much." He said sadly, "But maybe there's some research to be done. You could try figure out why the girls were all abducted at night, maybe it's someone's M.O. Or maybe you could research as to why the all smelled different things." He suggested.

"I could. I would need to head to the library tomorrow though. One, I'm too hungry and tired for me to go now. And two, they're closed." Hana said, standing up as she gathered her notes into her folder and threw her food rubbish.

She stood in line for the barista and noticed that the cafe still had one strawberry Danish left. She ordered it and took it to go.

"You're like in love with those things, aren't you?" He chided her as he held the door open for her to walk.

"They are strawberry and they are delicious." She replied to him with a glare. "I'm tired. See you tomorrow." She said angrily, heading up the stairs towards her office and apartment.

"See ya tomorrow, boss." He said, saluting her as he walked off.


Author's Note;
another update ^^
Yay~ <3 I'm gonna try and finish this soon as well :o
i wanna finish this by the end of the year :o omg.
We shall see how that goes. o_o