Chapter 16 -- Arrogance

Monsters: The Mousetrap

Hana followed Hyosung out of her cell, she watched as Hyosung wiggled the slightly on each side and saw how it opened. That’s why her hands were zip tied as well, to keep them together, and prevent her escape. The monster probably tied them in front of her out of comfort though, she was a little grateful for that, though Hyosung must have an entirely different reason for wanting her hands in front of her. 

She walked behind the woman, she wore a long flowing gown that dragged across the dirty floor. She didn’t seem like she cared and from the edges it seemed like she had worn it more than once down here. Hyosung led her to this circular room where a throne sat. 

Hyosung climbed into it and sat comfortably. She turned to Hana, curling a strand of hair around her finger. Her long hair was a nice golden color and she knew it made her look younger.

“So, Hana.” Hyosung started, “You have been looking into me.”

“I was looking into the disappearances of the girls.” Hana corrected. “You were just the one who was stealing them.”

“Yeah, well, don’t I look really young?” Hyosung grinned to herself, “Everyone wants to know my secret, they think I use a miracle potion and they can just buy it for themselves.” She sighed. 

“How often do you have to take youth?” Hana asked her. At least she could get all the answers she needed from the source. But that also meant she would never live to see the world ever again with all the secrets she would get. She needed to figure out a way to eliminate Hyosung in order to ensure her survival.

“It depends on what is happening that day. Usually I do once a week, but if I have a long weekend of interviews and other things where I am on camera, I take an extra girl.” Hyosung told her. “I need to make sure no wrinkles ever get the chance to be seen.”

Hana looked around the cells again, “So you had all these girls, I only found out about 6 of them.” She said.

Hyosung smiled and waved her hand around, “Ehh.. There was more later, like about 10, give or take.” She admitted. 

“There’s about 20 to 30 girls out there.” Hana pointed at the cells behind her.

“Ehh.. I had a lot of events to go to.” Hyosung said dismissively, not even bothering to care. “Besides, none of them were as famous as me. They didn’t need it.”

“How long have you been doing this?” Hana asked her.

“In this city? Or you mean from the beginning?” Hyosung asked back. She smirked to herself, this girl was never going to feel sunshine on her face ever again if she kept this up.

“Both.” Hana answered easily. “Is there a difference?”

“Yup. I never lie about my age, sweetie. It’s the one thing I’ve got going for me. So I’ve been doing this since I was 21. And I’m 34 now. But I only joined this city in the past 5 years.” Hyosung told her. “I like this place though, I’ll have to move again probably.”

“You move? How do you move? You have that giant thing..” Hana said in shock before looking back at the creature.

“He can walk at night, we don’t move too far. I was in Busan before but then I ran out of perfect girls.” She answered, “I had to redo the spell when I arrived in Seoul but it was easy to do so.”

“Perfect girls?” Hana said, “What does that mean?”

Hyosung laughed dryly before scoffing, “You really have no concept of beauty, do you? Beautiful equals beautiful. Girls who are popular, young, pretty, have the best features. They’re the perfect ones, the ones everyone loves to hate. They are the only ones who can be used for the spell.” She explained to her.

“So that’s why it’s a different school every time. There’s only one queen bee at every school.” Hana mumbled but Hyosung heard her.

“You catch on quickly. Now, my turn. You’re not going to leave here ever. You know all of my secrets and I really can’t allow you to leave, sweetheart.” Hyosung said as she walked closer to Hana, she walked languidly as the smirk never left her face.

“I already knew that, thanks to all of the information you just told me.” Hana replied.

“Good. You can go back to your cell. You’ll have food brought to you when it comes around. As much as I want you to die, I don’t want you to suffer.” Hyosung told her, leading her back to the cell, she had to make sure the door was closed obviously.

“Do you let them suffer?” Hana pointed at the ladies that they walked past.

“No. I bring them jello.” Hyosung said and they passed by the monster again. “Your fault, Kiki. Now this girl has to stay here and rot.”

“Feeling guilty?” Hana asked her, she had heard it in Hyosung’s voice. Transferring her guilt onto the person who was getting his hands dirty.

Hyosung gave her a curt smile, “Never. He’s the one who kidnapped the girls. I never did anything.” She said. “He’s the real monster here."


Author's Note;;
Another update ^-^ <3 hehe :3
I'm still not sure how I went to end this.. :o
or how to rescue Kiki yet.. LOL. I mean I know what Hana will do.
But not how to get there. XD so enjoy the ride with me :3