Chapter 23 -- Freedom

Monsters: The Mousetrap

Hana saw Kiki follow behind her and he picked her up into his arms as they went back to their cell. She didn't stay in the other one anymore.

She wasn't even sure what day it was at this point either. Hyosung had been gone a while last time, but now she was back.

"You didn't have to do that, you know. She is going to be mad at you." Hana told him as he sat down at the back of his cell against the wall.

He grunted and shrugged, he didn't seem like he cared at this point. She wondered if she was really worth incurring Hyosung's wrath.

And she also wondered why he gave her the rose now, she had learned its meaning but not his motive. Did he truly love her?

They heard Hyosung's heels clack as she walked towards them, she had an unhappy smirk on her face.

"You two are really close now, huh? I really shouldn't have left you in that cell." Hyosung said smugly.

"You don't even know anything about him." Hana remarked defensively as she watched Hyosung get closer. She moved to sit up, noticing how close Kiki's face was to hers. She looked around and saw all the ladies looking into their cell, just watching.

"I know everything about him. He's been with me for 20 years now." Hyosung replied, "You're the one who doesn't know anything about him."

Hana smiled, "And you're the one who uses him to take all of these girls' youth." She decided that all these ladies needed to know the truth too.

"I need to keep looking young to stay by Kiki's side." Hyosung said proudly. "It's the reason why I'm the prettiest one.”

“You had to steal all of these girls’ youths. For what? For a monster who will never love you? Someone you can never save.” Hana taunted her. She was ready, she was going to try and save him. If she could, she wasn’t even sure what was going on yet. Maybe she wasn’t the one, the one who could save him.

“You don’t know anything. It’ll just take some time. He will love me.” Hyosung said confidently, “He just needs to realize that I’m the only one for him.” She crossed her hands over her chest.

"I know you're just hurt that he didn't choose you. But you can't force someone to love you." Hana said. “That’s why you blame me for making you take all these girls.” She reasoned, it wasn’t just that Hyosung needed them for her youth. If Kiki had just loved her, she wouldn’t need to take them either.

“That’s right. He is the one that won’t love me, he needs to love me. So I can save him with true love’s kiss. That’s all, until then I need to stay young. Because once he’s saved, he’ll be young too.” Hyosung said, her eyes tearing up, “You know, he hasn’t aged a day since he became this? He’s so lucky.”

“You can’t expect him to love you. There is obviously a reason why he hasn’t already. And you should just accept that.” Hana told her, she moved closer to Kiki and he noticed. His eyes widened and she gave him a look to try and calm him down. She couldn’t have him reacting too early or else Hyosung would pull her away by her hair again.

“So what? So you can have him, I don’t think so. Kiki is mine.” Hyosung said, walking closer to them. “And you need to get away from him. Why did you even bother with this in the first place?”

“Girls were going missing and you were taking them away, I couldn’t let that happen.” Hana told her, “As for Kikwang,” She emphasized, “I’m not going anywhere.” She stood up and pressed her lips against the monster’s giant ones as Hyosung screamed out.

Her eyes closed and she noticed that the lips of the monster felt weird, but Hana felt them morph into something more normal, more human. She felt strong arms wrap around her and she let the kiss deepen. He took charge and kissed her softly but as firm as any dominant man would.

She opened her eyes slowly when she felt him pull away, he looked exactly like he did in her dream, the exact same eye smile and everything, “Hi.” He said.

“Hi.” Hana replied.

“AGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!” Hyosung’s vicious groan ruined their moment and Hana turned her head around to look at the woman behind them. Kikwang kept his arms around her as she watched Hyosung change too.

It was just finishing up and her hair was gray, her face was wrinkled, her back was a little crooked. But her eyes were still as fierce as ever. 

“You little witch! You will pay for this!” Hyosung shouted at her, but before she could get any closer to Hana, she vanished.

“What happened?” Hana asked Kikwang. She had never seen anyone disappear like that, right before her eyes. One second she was there, and with a blink, she wasn’t.

A commotion led the both of them to look all around. All the girls were back to being their usual selves. Their hair was brunette, or blonde, or red, whatever it was when they were abducted. Some of them looked like they had been through hell, but they would make it.

“Come on, we have to go and release them.” Hana said, taking a step forward, but Kikwang grabbed her hand and stopped her.

“Wait.” He said, turning her around to face him.

“What is it?” She asked him impatiently.

He planted a kiss on her cheek and smiled again, “Thank you for saving me.” He said.

“This isn’t over, Kikwang. You still have a lot of secrets to tell me.” She warned him. “I expect to hear all of them.”

“Okay, fine, later then. Let’s go release the girls back to the surface.” Kikwang told her as they walked out of his old cell, hand in hand.


Author's Note;;
another update :) lol. Kikwang is normal ^_^
But we have some explanations left. :)
Since Hana didn't figure out everything about the Hyosung -- Kiki dynamic.
But enjoy <3