Chapter 2 -- Testimony

Monsters: The Mousetrap

Hana frowned slightly before she looked in the mirror to make herself look more presentable. She had to look professional at this meeting at least, she was the only one that was taking these girls seriously. 

She grabbed a blazer out of her closet and threw it on. There, now she looked cleaner and more trustworthy.

She walked downstairs to the coffee shop and looked around. It didn't seem like the girl was here yet, she decided to order something for herself. Without thought, she automatically ordered a strawberry Danish and a grande cafe latte.

She decided to wait for the girl to arrive before she ordered her drink as well. The barista made her order quickly and she found herself a table, her chair facing the door.

Hana never liked having her back towards a door. It made her uncomfortable, a bit anxious. Someone could just sneak up on her from behind if she had her back to the door. When she faced it, at least she could see them coming.

This was also why she had a one doored studio apartment with barely any windows. She needed to feel safe and protected. That was the only thing she had going for her. But her past was not something she liked to dwell on.

A girl with long hair and the blazer of Seoul Arts walked in. Hana waved to her and she sat down across from her immediately.

"You're Song Hana?" She asked.

"Yes, I am. And you must be Yuri." Hana replied, holding her hand out for the girl to shake, "Do you want anything? I can order it for you." She offered.

Yuri shook her head, "I'm fine. Don't worry about it. But I need to get back to school and finish my design. The professors aren't letting me take a break even though Yoona has disappeared." She said in a rush.

Hana nodded, "Very well. Let's get started. Tell me everything there is to know about your best friend." She said.

"I will just start from the beginning about Yoona. She was the girl all the guys liked, we always used to fight over guys but she never went for anyone. She always kept herself single just like I did. She always insisted it was because she wanted to wait until I got a boyfriend first. But every time I tried, the boys would just fall for her and ignore me." Yuri started.

"Do you believe one of the boys took her then? As revenge for your friend not being with them?" Hana asked.

Yuri immediately shook her head, "No, definitely not. I managed to find someone who didn't care about Yoona. So she finally started talking to one guy. He doesn't attend our school though. He attends Korea University and wants to become a teacher." She answered.

"Okay, so what exactly happened the night she went missing?" Hana said, not looking up from her notebook as she took more notes on Yoona and made inferences to follow up on.

"Well, we haven't really had time to meet up with each other lately. We still worked on our design projects together but that was work and she was my senior so it was never a casual setting. So I asked her to go out with me for a few drinks last night." Yuri said, slowing down so Hana could complete her notes.

"Where did you two go for drinks?" Hana asked, "Had you been there before?"

"We went to Mink. It was free drinks that night for girls so we went there. It was our second time there, to be honest. They mix their drinks well and it makes getting drunk really easy." Yuri admitted to Hana, "We didn't want to get to drunk, because we just wanted to dance." 

"Okay, so did you meet anyone there and seemed to be unruly or someone dangerous?" Hana asked her. 

"No, we actually didn't. Though we expected to because we had heard that it gets crazy over there, but we were planning on leaving before that happened." Yuri answered.

"Then what happened?" Hana asked, urging her to continue on with the story and not get distracted with her night.

"We walked to my car after that, where we were planning on staying in until one of us had gotten more sober. I walked around to the driver's side, unlocked the door and from then she was gone. I didn't even see where she went off to." Yuri said sadly, her eyes watering. "I should have done more, I should have paid more attention, I should have done something else." 

"Hey, it's not your fault. Something or someone is taking these girls. I know it, you just need to trust me, I will get to the bottom of this. Is there anything else that you can remember?" Hana asked her. 

"Well, there is this one thing that she said that I thought was really strange. We weren't nearby any fast food places but she told me she could smell french fries and that she wanted some." Yuri said, "It was one of her ultimate guilty pleasures."

"She loved to eat french fries?" Hana asked a bit in shock, as she looked at Yoona's school picture and back at Yuri.

Yuri scratched the back of her neck nervously, "Yeah, it wasn't something that she liked to admit because then everyone would accuse her of being 'that girl,' you know what I mean?" She said.

Hana nodded immediately, "I know exactly what you mean. Thank you so much for helping me with this." She told Yuri.

Yuri stood up getting ready to leave, "You're the only one who's doing anything about this, aren't you?" She asked.

"I've taken my information to the police and they've turned me away." Hana answered.

"Find out what happened to my best friend and if anyone else gets taken, I'll be sure to tell them to come straight to you." Yuri said, before walking away.

"I will do everything I can." Hana whispered to herself as she walked Yuri leave. She sighed and took the chance to spread out all her notes and pictures on the table.

"Time for some serious work."


Author's Note;
so.. no one got the answer to what Park Bo Young, Bae Suji, Lee Jieun, and Im Yoona had in common.
the answer was all of them had been considered as the Nation's First Love. :o
And here's another update ^^
So yeah~ <3 enjoy people~