9th Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

9thLease;

"Is your first kiss taken?"

 

Your eyes widen as you force yourself to look at anywhere but Kris' lips, "What?" Kris doesn't do anything else and pulls back. "We should get going," He smirks at you and walks away from you. 

 

What the hell? You frown as you look at Kris's back profile getting further away from you. What the hell was that for? You trail behind him feeling insulted and embarrassed.

 

 

"And he just walks away like nothing happened! What in the world?!" You shout at Baekhyun, who winces at the loudness of your voice. You realise you startled him and sigh, "I'm sorry, It's just so- ugh what the heck!" You cover your face with your hands and groan. Baekhyun pats your head and looks at you, "I don't understand why he did that but," He pulls your hands away from your face and continues, "Cheer up because you're not pretty when you're angry," 

 

You slap his hands away from yours and scoff, "I was never pretty," Baekhyun laughs at you and replies, "You must not have seen the mirror," 

 

You glare at him and he raises his hands in defeat, "Okay okay,"

 

You had met Baekhyun at school the next day after leaving your house early and told him about yesterday's incident the moment you laid eyes on him. You hadn't talked to Kris after your encounter with him yesterday and you certainly did not want to. You were frustrated and mad enough. 

 

"I like him," Baekhyun raises his eyebrows, "You don't say," You frown, "Let me continue! I like him but he can't just go around doing anything he likes! One moment he's in my face with his stupid little smirk and the next he's just shunning me like I don't exist!" You breathe out as Baekhyun continues looking at you in silence, "He can't just do that Baekhyun, I am a human being with feelings for god's sake!" 

 

Baekhyun softens as he pulls you in for a hug, "It's okay, Calm down," He pats your back as you rest your head on his shoulder. You were mentally collasping with Kris living with you and you can really need some comfort from your best friend now. "I'm so confused, Baekhyun," You half-whisper. 

 

Students were starting to whisper about you and Baekhyun but he couldn't care less. His best friend was in pain and he needs her to have a hug. Baekhyun reluctantly pulls back and fixes your hair, "It'll be okay, I promise," 

 

Math is your next lesson, which also translates to another 'sitting-beside-kris-' lesson. You have no idea how you're supposed to face him after yesterday's incident. You are frustrated and irritated at him and it absolutely doesn't help that you're going to be sitting next to him in a few minutes' time. 

 

Kris casually strolls in the class and his eyes automatically land on you. You aren't looking at him but you can almost feel him staring at you. You continue looking at the board when Kris sits down beside you. Your inner self scoffs as your eyebrows furrow involuntarily. 

 

"Why did you leave so early today?" Kris asks. You don't turn to him and glance at Kai instead, who smiles. You smile back, feeling glad that there's at least someone who isn't pissing you off in class. Kris frowns, Is she ignoring me because of yesterday? 

 

"So have you packed for MT?" Kris tries starting another conversation with you. You sigh and turn to him. "I'm sorry but that isn't really something for you to care about," you snapped. You were ticked off, how can he just talk to you like nothing happened? 

 

Kris looks taken aback and he blinks, "Look, if you're angry about what happened yesterday, I apologise, okay?" For once in his life, Kris is actually nervous about something.

 

You don't reply when Mr Kim pops into the class. 

 

"Class! I'm here to brief you today about the upcoming MT," He claps his hands. The whole class was cheering and shouting, except you and Kris. "I hope all of you have packed your luggages because MT starts tomorrow! We will assemble in school at 6 in the morning and ride a bus to our campsite! Your seats on the bus have already been chosen, you'll be seated according to your groups!"

 

Our groups? You groan in frustration as you lie down on the table. Kris looks at you and sighs, feeling guilty about what he did yesterday. He frowns in irritation and runs his hand through his golden locks. How is he supposed to clean up the mess he caused now?

 

 

"I can't believe what he did," Baekhyun sighs. He was in the gym with Kai, telling him about you encounter with Kris yesterday. Baekhyun's fist lands on the floor as he wipes his sweat away. "Does he think he's all that great because he's absolutely just a piece of worthless crap," He breathes out, "I don't understand why Chaerin continues liking him after all these years, Kai,"

 

"You should've seen the look on her face. She was so..." Baekhyun looks for the right words to use and continues, "So lost. I have never seen her look so confused before, Kai. What the hell is wrong with Kris?"  

 

Kai pats his friend on the back and frowns, "I don't know but he sounds pretty much like a bastard to me," Kai eyes Baekhyun and sighs, "I don't understand you," 

 

Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows and replies, "What are you talking about? There's nothing about me that needs to be understood," Kai smiles at how uptight Baekhyun was and continues, "Chill down Baek," 

 

There's a moment of silence before Kai decides to speak again, "Tell her," Baekhyun glances at Kai and shakes his head, "No. She doesn't need to know,"

 

Kai scowls at his best friend, "What do you mean she doesn't need to know? I know how much you like her Baekhyun and I cannot live with you just pushing back your feelings for her,"

 

Baekhyun scoffs, "She likes Kris, Kai. Kris, and not me,"  Kai softens at the state of his best friend and sighs, "Baekhyun..."

 

3 years. Baekhyun liked you for 3 years. The reason you would be such great friends with the guys was because Baekhyun approached you and befriended you first. He found you attractive the moment he laid his eyes on you. There was something about you that makes you different from the rest, as cliche as that sounds, and he paid attention to you since. It crushed him 2 years ago when you told him you had a crush on Kris, and he decided to never speak of his feelings ever again. 

 

Of course, Kai had to ruin his plans by asking him if he liked you. Baekhyun didn't have a choice but to tell him the truth of his feelings for you. This is also the reason why Kai is always the person around you, because he was the only guy that Baekhyun trusts. He knows that Kai likes to flirt with you jokingly, but he never says anything because he knows that Kai doesn't like you romantically. You never found out about the way Baekhyun feels towards you because he doesn't show any form of weakness around you. He masks his feelings whenever you're around and never lets them slip, which was getting harder for him by the day. 

 

"I don't think I can just sit back and do nothing, but I'll definitely not let her know my feelings," Baekhyun replies.

 


OOPS THE SECRET'S OUT HAHAHAHA I love reading some of your comments going "Baekhyun likes her!!" HAHAHAHA ♥ COMMENT GUYS HEHEHE /HUGS ALL READERS