1st Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

1stLease;

"If you like him so much why don't you go up to him and say hi," Kai whispers into your ears before pushing his books into your locker. You turn to your right, away from the entrance of the corridor, and slaps his arm, "I do not. Where are the rest of the guys?" You look past Kai and saw nobody, which is actually rather surprising considering the fact that they wouldn't leave you alone, especially the youngest one.

 

Kai and 5 other boys had been your only friends ever since the start of school. Others had deemed the 7 of you as weirdos because you just didn't have a thing with socialising. You had tried to push the 6 boys away from you, fearing that people are judging them because of you, but they stuck to you like sticky notes that just wouldn't say goodbye. People don't exactly like you, but they don't exactly know you as well, which makes you "the odd one out" in school. 

 

"They left us alone so that we could finally date," the corner of his plump lips lifts up in playfulness while you roll your eyes. "Excuse you too," you close your locker and retorts, "My locker will explode some day no thanks to you stuffing your textbooks, which you do not even use, into it," Kai pouts when something catches his eye. "Your prince seems to be... struggling a little," He nods his head towards the entrance of the corridor.

 

You turned your head to be greeted by the scene of a guy being pushed and pulled by girls, girls that were screaming his name like their lives depended on it. You look back at Kai, who was smirking in your face again, and frown. "He's not my prince, I just-" "Have the biggest crush on him?" Kai interrupts your sentence as you looked at him, "Don't you have something better to do than to annoy me in the morning?" Kai smiles, "Okay fine, I'll stop talking about how you've been having a crush on Kris for two years now," You feel your cheeks burn as you awkwardly look away. 

 

Kris. Isn't that just such a perfect name? Your mind drifts off to when you had first met Kris in school. 

 

It was a typical monday afternoon and you had decided to pay a visit to the libarary, not to read books, but to cool yourself down with the air conditioner. Since you were already there, you figured that you might as well read a book, something you hadn't done in ages. You were trying to reach a book about puppies on the top shelf (and failing) when you felt a prescence tower over you and easily grab the book you wanted. 

 

"Here," his deep voice had charmed you completely as you looked up to meet his eyes, clear as a mountain stream. His jawline was chiseled and defined, accompanied by a sharp nose bridge. Your eyes made their way to his lips involuntarily as you felt your cheeks heat up. How could anyone have such pinkish and kissable lips? You realised you might have been staring too long when Kris cleared his throat awkwardly before saying goodbye. You continued staring at his back profile as he walked away from you. I didn't even say thank you yet.

 

But of course, your brief encounter with Kris was during the first year of high school, which also meant the year when he wasn't pummelled by tons of girls yet. You figured you had no chances of talking to him normally again so you decided to keep the sacred memory hidden somewhere in your brain. Who knew a simple book could cause you to be infatuated with someone you barely knew? Well of course you knew that his name was Kris (after hearing hundreds of girls shout it at once), but that was all that you knew.

 

"Are you still with me over here," Kai's voice harshly snaps you back into reality as you felt your heart swell at the memory. You nod as Kai continues, "As I was saying, the boys got into detention for coming to school late yesterday," you look at Kai and sigh with a frown, "Please tell me that they didn't skip school for ice cream again," Kai laughs, "You sure know them well," 

 

"How come you're not caught?" You fold your arms as you your eyebrow at him. Kai smirks and responds, "I came to school early because I had homework undone," You stifle a laugh at his ridiculous lie as you nod your head, letting the matter pass, "Of course you did," Kai smiles and pulls your arm, "Let's go to math class," 

 

 

The both of you have math lessons together in the morning, which you absolutely hate. You would always whine about how math shouldn't be in the early morning to damage your brain cells, but Kai would think otherwise. The only reason why you hated math while Kai loved it was because you at it while he was great at it. 

 

You walk to the back of the class, where your seat was, while Kai was seated at the side of the classroom. You chose to be seated at the back because you didn't want the teacher to call you up to do questions on the blackboard. Mr Kim didn't bother calling the students at the back to answer questions because it would take too much time for them to walk all the way infront to the blackboard, according to what his past year students had said. 

 

"Class!" Mr Kim exclaims excitedly as he makes his way into the room. You groan, the only reason he would be so hyped up in the morning was that there was going to be an upcoming test. You hated math tests, especially the ones set by Mr Kim, you could never pass them. You allowed yourself to sink into the chair when the classroom door swings open abruptly. 

 

Your eyes stops at the door as your mouth falls agape. You quickly regain your composure as you see Kai looking at you from the corner of your eye. What is he doing in your class? Girls in your class were having body spasms as they screamed and shouted for the attention they desperately wanted.

 

"Oh, Kris, you came?" Mr Kim comments, "Take a seat," 

 

Wait, Kris is in my math class? Impossible. You've been in this class for half a year now and you never saw Kris attending this class before. If he did, you would've easily noticed him. You scratch the back of your head as you were feeling the awkwardness rise up in you. I hope he doesn't sit here. I mean, I know he wouldn't but- what am i saying? You look at Kai, who is smirking at you, again.

 

Kris scans the whole class, his eyes landing on possibly the only girl that isn't screaming for his attention, you. Kris walks past all the girls that waved to him and stops right infront of you, making you look up. Your heart threatens to stop beating as you gulp, "Uhh, yes?" You appear to be calm, but you were in a frenzy on the inside. How are you supposed to act? What are you supposed to do? 

 

"Is this seat taken?" Kris eyes you, making your heart skip a beat or maybe two. You feel the class's stares as you think of what to reply him. If you say yes, he would have to sit with some other crazy girl. But if you say no, the whole class would probably skin you alive.

 

Before you could open your mouth and answer him, he smirks in an obnoxious way and says, "I'm taking that as a 'no'," You have no time to react as he throws his bag on the floor and sits beside you. The tables in the classroom are such that two people could sit together, sharing the table. You've been sitting alone for half a year now. You pushed Kai away because you didn't want him to be distracted by your snores. You don't think you would be able to snore today though. 

 

Gasps of disbelief and murmurs of confusion can be heard throughout the room as you see everyone staring at you. If looks could kill, you would've been dead 120 times by now. You swallow to yourself as you feel Kris looking at you. 

 

Your body stiffens as you look at Kai for help. Was it even possible to feel so awkward around a person? Kai shrugs his shoulders at you before turning to face the board. You sigh, you're probably going to die of awkwardness soon. "Do you feel uncomfortable with me here?" 

 

You abruptly turn your head to Kris, who is looking at you with a cocked eyebrow. How does one even breathe under such circumstances? "Oh," you blink at him, "I mean, I don't-" "So you like me sitting here?" Kris smirks, again. You remain quiet. How are you supposed to answer that?

 

"I do not see the need to answer that," You state, as a matter of fact, and turn away, leaving Kris dumbfounded. Kai, on the other hand, witnesses the whole scene and laughs to himself, "She's so awkward that even I'm feeling awkward," 

 

"Could I borrow a pencil?" Kris asks. You feel your heart beat quicken again as you nod. You pass your pencil to him as he smirks, "Thanks," 

 

How are you supposed to breathe now?