15th Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

15thLease;

"I'm okay," You answer Baekhyun for the fourth time and continue eating your bread. "Chae..." Baekhyun looks at you with soft eyes and your brown hair, "What exactly happened this morning to turn my princess this way?" 

 

You're with Baekhyun, sitting on a bench far away from the others. You hadn't told Baekhyun or Kai about anything because you didn't want them to be worried about you. "Chaerin ah," Baekhyun plays with the ends of your hair and sighs. "Please don't keep everything to yourself because it's really hurting for me to see you like this," He confesses, catching you off guard as you turn to him with tears in your eyes. 

"WWhy are you crying?" Baekhyun panics, frantically using his thumb to wipe away your tears. "Baekhyun," You breathe out, "He's attached," Baekhyun rests his thumb on your cheeks and he frowns, "What?" You let out a sob and repeat, "I said Kris is attached," Baekhyun shakes his head, "That's impossible," No, He can't possibly be flirting with her when he's attached. "Boyoung told me herself," You continue. Baekhyun is taken aback as he frowns even deeper,  "Wait, Boyoung?" 

 

"Yes," You nod. Tears are flowing again, staining your cheeks, as Baekhyun does his best of wiping them away. "Oh my, Chaerin ah..." Baekhyun pulls you towards him, your face pressed against his chest. "Don't cry. Please don't cry," He hushes you, softly running his hand through your hair, stopping at your back to give you continuous pats. You whimper against Baekhyun as you grip his shirt. You have no idea how someone can actually make you feel this way but it's eating you alive. 

 

Baekhyun meets eyes with Kris over your shoulders and he scowls in disgust. What kind of man flirts with someone so openly when he's attached? Bastard. He hugs you tighter, trying to stop you from shivering. "Baby don't cry," Baekhyun hums a sweet melody beside your ears and you sniff, taking in how melodious he sounds. 

Kris slams his fist on the wooden table and pushes Boyoung away from him. "I'm done," he informs, walking away from the table with his eyes stuck to the both of you. A thousand things are running through his mind and he has no explainations for any of them. Why were your eyes watery back in the tent? Why are you avoiding him again? What did he do wrong? Why were you mad at him? 

 

He runs his hand through his messy hair and sighs, "What the hell is wrong with me?" 

 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Kai nudges Baekhyun, who refuses to stop glaring at the taller male sitting infront of him. Kris, who  couldn't comprehend why he's the target of Baekhyun's hate, begins to get annoyed at how someone is watching his every action. He sighs, looking up at Baekhyun, "What the hell do you want?" 

 

 

You return from the washroom after washing your face to witness a crowd forming infront of the instructors' campsite. You squeeze your way through the massive crowd and your heart sinks. Holy . Your eyes alternate between Kris, who has a bloody lip, and Baekhyun, who is on the ground. 

 

"Baekhyun!" You rush to your best friend without hesitation and you kneel down beside him, grabbing his face and turning him to you. "Oh my god," You whisper, your eyes scanning his bruised left cheek. "Baekhyun..." Your eyes soften and he avoids your eyes, ashamed that you had to see him like this. 

 

Kris scoffs as you shower your attention on Baekhyun, not even glancing at him once. Fine. Kris is about to walk away when Boyoung clutches onto his arm, "Oppa!" She gasps, swiping her thumb over his lower lip, "You're bleeding! Are you okay? Do you need me to-" "Will you please leave me alone for just a minute?" Kris snaps, his fist clenched. 

 

You register Kris and you turn back to Baekhyun, pulling his arm up. The crowd have dispersed with people whispering about Kris and Baekhyun's relationship, catching you off guard. You immediately catches on to the situation and you sigh, calling out Baekhyun's name. "Who started it?" You ask. 

 

Baekhyun turns to you, surprised by your abrupt question as he looks down in guilt. Kai walks up to the both of you with his hands stuffed in his pockets and looks at Baekhyun, and then at Kris, who is sitting on a log far away from the 3 of you and well, everyone else. "Baekhyun punched him in the face first," Kai informs you. 

 

Baekhyun says nothing and continues looking at you, as though you would disappear if he took his eyes off you for a second. You tsk disapprovingly at Baekhyun and frown, "Why would you punch Kris?" 

 

"Because he made you cry," He replies without any visible form of hesitation. You're taken aback by his straightforward answer and you soften, pulling him closer to you. You're speechless and touched, not knowing what you should say to Baekhyun who punched a guy an inch taller than him because of you. 

 

Kai sees you and Baekhyun looking at each other and he smirks, leaving the both of you standing in the middle of the field. "Baekhyun..." You tip-toed such that you're of (some sort of) equal height as Baekhyun and you pull him to you for a hug. "I don't know what to say but," You feel Baekhyun's arms hug your waist and you continue, "Thank you," 

 

Baekhyun hugs you tighter and rests his head on your shoulder, wishing that time would just stop at this moment so he could hold you this way forever. Perhaps getting punched by Kris is a good thing. You pull back from Baekhyun and leaves him disappointed and you smile. "You look horrible," 

 

 

"What the hell?" Kris curses to himself when he sees you hug Baekhyun like there's no tomorrow. His index finger traces the outline of his lips and he winces in pain. Kris's thick eyebrows met at the middle of his forehead and he sighs, burying his face in his hands. Why can't I do anything right? 

 

He punches the log and hangs his head low, not wanting to be distracted by the scene of you being all lovey-dovey with Baekhyun. 

 

 

"Kids, no more fighting in the future or I'll be forced to send you home!" Siwon scolds. The both of you nod and watch as he leaves the chalet. You continue pressing a pack of ice against Baekhyun's cheeks and he says, "I'm sorry," You look up at him like it's the most absurd thing you've heard and you reply, "What? Why would you be sorry?" 

 

Baekhyun looks upset when he answers you, "I punched your crush in the face," You smile at his answer and you keep quiet. "Are you... Mad?" Baekhyun continues, feeling uncomfortable that you're not replying him. You shrug your shoulders, obviously teasing him, and he pouts. "I don't like that answer," He informs you cutely and you laugh. 

 

"I'm not mad," Your face scrunches up as you reply Baekhyun. He smiles lovingly at you and pats your head, "And just so you know, I didn't regret a single thing," 

 

You frown at Baekhyun and touch his nose with the ice pack, "That's rude, Baekhyun," 

 

All traces of emotion are gone as he stares at you with the most sincere eyes and half whispers to you.

 

"I can't bear to see you cry because it breaks my heart," 

 


GUYSSSSSSS MY EXAMS ARE OVER AND I'M BACK FOR GOOD ^^

OHOH and i changed my username to wufanator because why not right? HEHEHEHE 90725- here~ I hope you liked the chapter! Sorry for the long updates ><