16th Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

16thLease;

"So pick a partner and we'll start the game!" Jonghyun grins and announces. You're currently playing a game known as 'How well do you know your friend?' where you'll be distributed a list of questions for you to answer about your partner. Your group being a 7 member group, would have an extra member, which so happens to be Kai. 

 

"So Kai, you'll set the questions!" Jonghyun chimes as Kai smirks, "Perfect," Jonghyun pats Kai on the back and laughs, "Please make sure they're appropriate questions and not things like what colour underwear they're wearing," Kai's face falls and he looks at Jonghyun, "How did you know?"

"Here," Kai passes you and Baekhyun a paper each and you flip it open to reveal the questions. "Oh my god," You laughed to yourself and bites the pen cap before jotting your answers down. 

 

Baekhyun smirks at how easy the questions were and immediately starts answering them as well. 

 

"Here!" Kai grins at Kris and Boyoung and passes them a slip of paper each. Boyoung had forcefully sat infront of Kris and called him her 'partner' while all Kris could do was to sigh in frustration. "Thank you, Kai!" Boyoung smiles up at Kai and unfolds the paper, "This is too easy!" Kris groans at the trouble of having to go through this activity and begins scribbling random answers on the paper.

 

"And last but not least," Kai hands Tao and Luhan their papers and he claps, "Go ahead and start!"

 

After a few minutes, Kai collects the papers back and nods to himself, "Okay, should we start with Tao and Luhan?" He digs the box for Tao and Luhan's papers and he unfolds them. 

 

Tao's paper:

Favourite Food: Is bubble tea considered as a 'food?'

Favourite Colour: Red

Age: 20

Blood Type: O

Relationship status: Single and frustrated.

Favourite person: Me!

His ultimate hobby: Playing soccer with Xiumin and solving his neverending rubik cubes and acting cool. 

Something you like about him: There's nothing I don't like about him 'Heart'

 

Luhan's paper:

Favourite Food: Western food, pfft.

Favourite Colour: Blue

Age: 18

Blood Type: AB style~

Relationship status: Single (because all the ladies come to me instead)

Favourite person: Luhan Hyung

His ultimate hobby: Sleeping and roleplaying as a panda and watching o.

Something you like about him: HE'S TAO what's there not to like? (He knows wushu and kicks )

 

Kai reads out the answers and the 7 of you burst out laughing. "Hyung! My hobby is not to watch ," Tao pouts at Luhan, who laughs, "My hobby is not acting cool and my relationship status doesn't have frustrated in it!" You laugh at how they're bickering with each other, "You guys are too cute," Tao smiles at you and holds his fists up to his cheeks, "Bbuingbbuing~" You poke his cheeks and nudge him, "AB style yo~" He fistbumps you and laughs. 

 

"Okay, should we go for Kris and Boyoung next?" Kai smiles while Kris scowls. 

 

Boyoung's paper:

Favourite Food: Western Food?

Favourite Colour: White

Age: 20

Blood Type: B

Relationship status: That's a secret!

Favourite person: His parents?

His ultimate hobby: Reading

Something you like about him: Everything!

 

Kris's paper:

Favourite Food: I don't know

Favourite Colour: Pink

Age: Younger than me since she calls me oppa

Blood Type: I don't know

Relationship status: Don't know? 

Favourite person: Probably some one close to her

Her ultimate hobby: I don't know

Something you like about her: Something I like? She wouldn't leave me alone? 

 

"Oppa!" Boyoung frowns, "How can you leave out so many questions?" She asks, obviously not satisfied with Kris's answers. Kris yawns, "I said I don't know, I didn't leave them blank," "And my favourite colour is not pink! You don't even know my age?" Boyoung's continuous whining is starting to irritate Kris. My blood type isn't B, I don't eat western food that often and I don't read for god's sake. And 'Secret'? I'm single and the whole world knows about it. Kris mentally rolls his eyes. 

 

Tao glances at Luhan, who shrugs, as though telling him that he himself had no idea what was going on. Kai awkwardly laughs, trying to salvage the heavy atmosphere as he continues. 

 

You're confused as to why Kris and Boyoung know so little about one another but you shrug that thought off when Kai announces that it's finally time for you and Baekhyun's answers. Baekhyun is just as confused as you but he doesn't pry into the matter, curious about what your answers are.

 

Your paper:

Favourite Food: Meat. Any kind of meat. 

Favourite Colour: Black

Age: 19~

Blood Type: O!

Relationship status: Singleeeeeeee (He should really get a girlfriend soon)

Favourite person: AHN CHAERIN

His ultimate hobby: Singing! Occasionally playing the piano~ Oh and acting cute.

Something you like about him: The way his eyes become cresent-shaped when he smiles. 

 

Baekhyun's paper:

Favourite Food: Chinese food. (Dumplings to be exact)

Favourite Colour: Black or red, she can't decide.

Age: 18

Blood Type: B~

Relationship status: Attached to Byun Baekhyun.

Favourite person: Byun Baekhyun.

Her ultimate hobby: Watching me sleep. JK hahaha she likes listening to music and playing FIFA on Kai's xbox.

Something you like about her (goodluck buddy): Her smile, the way her nose crinkles when she's confused or shy, how she blushes when we start talking about topics that she's embarrassed about. I don't think there's enough space to list everything so I'm ending it here.

 

Kai ends off with an 'aww' and he hands you back the papers. 

 

"Oh my god! You guys are so sweet!" Boyoung fakes a smile at you and you scoff. "Aww we wrote each other as our favourite people!" Baekhyun pats your head and you push his hand away, "Talk about ego maniacs. I do not watch you sleep! I only did so once when you told me to wake you up if your pimple broke," You snigger as Baekhyun frowns, "Hey! That's a lie!" 

 

"And, I'm not attached to you, idiot," You push Baekhyun's forehead and laugh. "Aww man!" Tao frowns, "I can't believe I lost!" Baekhyun turns to Tao and asks, "What?"

 

Tao pouts and hands a 2 dollar bill to Luhan, who smirks. "I made a bet with Luhan hyung that Chaerin noona is really attached to you, and I lost," Baekhyun laughs, "Well I sure wish she was," You clear your throat at Baekhyun and you scoff, "Sure you do," Kris watch as the both of you bicker with each other and he frowns disapprovingly. God damn this is boring. 

 

 

"So did everyone get to know each other better?" Jonghyun grins at all of you and you feel yourself blush a little at how charming his smile looks. "Now let's get on with our next activity, the treasure hunt!" Jonghyun continues, his gorgeous grin not leaving his face for a single moment.

 

"Your partners will be decided through drawing of lots, and since there are 7 of you in a group, there will be a group of 3!" You're confused as to whether you should be happy that you're working with someone new, or sad that you may not be in a group with Kai or Baekhyun. "We have your names written on papers in this box so the name that you choose would be your partner!" Jonghyun informs, shaking the box in his hands and gesturing for you to draw the first lot because you're nearest to him.

 

You reluctantly step closer to the box that Jonghyun is holding and stick your hand through the hole at the top. You glance at Jonghyun nervously while your hands swirl continuously around the papers, finally holding one in your hand. 

 

"Done?" Jonghyun asks when you pull your hand back out of the box. You nod, slightly nervous that you're actually standing so close to him. "Are you sure? Do you want to change?" Jonghyun wriggles his eyebrows and you laugh, "No, I believe what I chose is... Right?" You can't find the right words but you had a good feeling about whoever you chose. 

 

Baekhyun looks at you from where you are, mentally praying that god partners you up with him. Your eyes involuntarily travel to Kris and sees him staring at you. He didn't look angry, there's something different in the way he's looking at you but you can't put a finger on it. You don't bother prying into the matter and you walk back to Baekhyun's side. Jonghyun had told you not to unfold the slip of paper first, and to do it together after everyone had chose their lots. 

 

"Please," Baekhyun whispers to himself as he picks up the last paper in the box. Jonghyun pats Baekhyun on the back and smiles, "I hope you get paired up with who you want," Baekhyun looks surprised as he nods at Jonghyun, "Definitely," 

 

"Okay!" Jonghyun places the black box on the grass and claps his hands once, "Now we're going to reveal the teams!" Luhan was the first to open his, and it read 'Boyoung'. He flips the paper for everyone to see and Boyoung sighs in frustration. This isn't going the right way, I'm supposed to be paired with Kris! She angrily unfolds her paper to reveal Tao's name. 

 

"What does this even mean?" Boyoung snaps, irritated by the fact that there's actually a chance for you to be paired up with Kris and for you to find out that she isn't really dating Kris. Jonghyun raises his eyebrows at her hostility and raises his hands, "Wow chill down lady, It means that the 3 of you are in a group," 

 

Tao opens his paper and smiles, "Woah mine says Luhan!" You sigh, relieved that you might still be able to be teamed up with Baekhyun or Kai. Kris is extremely joyous that he isn't paired up with Boyoung and watches as Kai unfolds his paper.

 

"Oh wow," Kai glances at Baekhyun. Baekhyun mentally shakes his head, no please! Kai flashes his paper to reveal Baekhyun's name. Baekhyun sighs, unwillingly looking at his own slip of paper which reads Kai's name. Your face falls when you realise what this means. The only two remaining people are you and Kris, and the group of 3 have already been formed.

 

"You have to be kidding," You whisper to yourself and frown as you unfold your paper. What the hell?! You show the piece of paper to everyone, mentally groaning and grunting in dissatisfaction. Kris glances at his own paper, which has your name, and then at you. 

 

"Okay! The teams have been formed. Here is the map for the forest you're going to go through, places marked with an 'x' are places that contain the clues to the final destination! Good luck you guys! Winners get to stay in the air-conditioned cabin for tonight!" Jonghyun winks. Everyone gasps at the reward and starts planning, except for you of course. 

 

Kris makes his way beside you and clears his throat. He sighs and  runs his fingers through his hair, frustrated at how awkward this situation is.

 

"Let's... get going,"