12th Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

12thLease;

"And instructor Jonghyun will be in charge of the teams with 7 members!" Siwon says and claps his hand before continuing, "That will be all! You are expected to report here at 7pm sharp for the campfire!"

 

7 members. You mentally count the number of people in your group and it adds up to 7. "Woah, that dude with whack hair is going to be in charge of us," Kai nudges you and asks, "You think he's cute don't you," You flush red and turn to him, "What are you saying?" Kai smirks at you and waves his hand, as though he's telling you to calm down, "I saw you checking him out earlier on when he walked out, no big deal," 

 

"But he is though," You nod your head towards Jonghyun, who was busy replying all the questions girls threw at him, and smiles at Kai. Kai scoffs, "Psh, I'm way cuter," He hols his fists up beside his cheeks and twists them, "Bbuing bbuing~" You hold back your puke and laugh at Kai's attempt at aegyo, " Sureeee you are!" 

 

She thinks he's cute? Are you kidding me? His hair is the same colour as my grandpa's for god's sake. Kris frowns to himself as he overhears your conversation with Kai. Kai walks away from you and you're left standing there alone, again. 

 

Kris approaches you and clears his throat. You look up and almost gasp, "Oh, Kris, Hey there," Your eyes dart around nervously and you look everywhere but at Kris. Kris looks down at you and answers, "Hi," You glance at him and sees him smiling at you, again. Oh god, You gulp down your saliva and fixate your gaze on the ground, kicking the grass. "So I" "Hi guys!" Kris's voice was cut off by another when you lift your head to see Jonghyun staring at you. 

 

Oh my goodness. The rest of your group members gather as the 8 of you sit on the grass. "So," Jonghyun starts, "Have we been getting along well?" He beams at all of you and you smile alongside, "Not too bad I guess," Jonghyun's head snaps in your direction and he grins at you, "That's great! What are your" "JJONG~" You see a guy with blonde hair pounce on Jonghyun and you jerk backwards. 

 

"Yeobo~" The blonde guy sits beside Jonghyun and joins the small circle you guys made. "Hello! I'm Key, nice to meet all of you~" He introduces himself in a sing-song tone and smiles. Jonghyun rolls his eyes playfully at Key and returns to your group, "So, what are your names?" 

 

"I'm Boyoung!!" Boyoung leans forward and grins at Jonghyun. "Oh hello Boyoung!" Boyoung squeals and fans herself while Luhan talks, "I'm Luhan and this is Tao," He throws an arm around Tao's neck, who bowed. "Nice to meet you guys," Jonghyun smiles. "You can call me Kai," "And you can call me Baek," Kai and Baekhyun introduces themselves one after another and Jonghyun shakes their hands, "Hello!" 

 

"I'm Chaerin," You say, grabbing Jonghyun's outstretched hand, "It's nice to meet you." "Chaerin! It's a pleasure to meet you," He winks at you while you feel yourself blush, "Thank you," He lets go of your hand and you place it back on your lap. She's blushing?! Kris sneaks a peek at you and scowls in disgust.

 

Jonghyun looks at Kris, urging him to introduce himself and he does, "Kris," Jonghyun nods, "Nice to meet you, Kris," He shakes Kris's hand and smiles to everyone.

 

"Are you guys enjoying this camp so far?" Key asks. Jonghyun hits his head and answers, "They did nothing but pitch tents so do you really think they would enjoy it?" Key pouts and flicks Jonghyun's forehead, "Yeobo!" 

 

You watch the both of them interact and smile to yourself. They were definitely too cute to be camp instructors. 

 

"The both of you are so cute!!" Boyoung voices out. Key smiles at her in politeness and answers, "We're married," "No we're not," "Yeobo, stop denying!" 

 

 

You're in the tent with Baekhyun and Kai, the 3 of you talking wondering about how the others are doing. The other 4 boys were located to another campsite near yours, but you weren't allowed to visit them because you would have to go through a forest.

 

"I'm going to take a !" Kai proudly informs as you frown, "That information was unnecessary," Kai smirks, shrugging his shoulder, "Don't miss me!" "Have a blast," You lie on your stomach and look at Baekhyun, "Baek, I'm bored~" Baekhyun mentally takes note of how cute you look at the moment and replies, "Well what do you want to do?" 

 

You look up at him and sigh, "I don't know, I'm really confused," Baekhyun scoots closer to you as he asks, "About what?" You continue playing with your fingers and shrug, "I'm not sure. Oh well, let's go get ready for the campfire," You stretch yourself before stepping out of the tent and knocking into something hard. 

 

"Oh, I'm sorry, didn't know you were in there," A deep voice informs as you look up to see Kris. "Oh," You take a step back, enough for the both of you to have personal space, and smile awkwardly at him, "I'm sorry for rushing out," Baekhyun appears behind you and stares at the both of you, "I'm going first," He comments, leaving the both of you alone.

 

"So..." Kris rubs the back of his neck in an attempt of finding the right words to say to you. The has to be the longest you've stayed with Kris since the awkward incident that took place infront of the supermarket. You continue looking at Kris, a part of you anticipating what he was about to say, when a high-pitched voice calls out for him.

 

"Oppa!" Boyoung jogs over to the both of you and beams at Kris, who glances at her. "Oppa, do you want to grill the chicken together?" Kris looks at you and sighs, "Boyoung ah" "Come on, everyone is waiting!" She drags him away before he could say anything else and you watch as he glances back at you. Oh well, so much for talking. You sigh to yourself sourly and drag yourself to where Kai and Baekhyun is at. 

 

 

The campfire started at 7 and now all of you are sitting on logs placed around the bonfire while playing charades. 

 

"A SHIRT!" Jonghyun shouts after the student at the front points to himself. The student shakes his head and points to himself again. Jonghyun frowns to himself, "UNIFORM?" The student shakes his head again and pokes his chest. Oh! "Chest?" You ask, receiving a nod from the student. "Woah since when were you so good at charades?" Baekhyun nudges you and you push him away, laughing. 

 

You look up from your place and you see Kris across you, looking at you in such a way that you felt uncomfortable under his sturdy gaze. This isn't the first time you encounter this problem too, Kris has looked at you like that for a few times but all you did was to ignore him. You can't bring yourself to look away from his gaze though, this time round. 

 

Even though he wasn't right infront of you, you find yourself drowning in his eyes as his index finger traces the rim of the plastic cup he's holding. His eyes seem to pierce through you as you feel yourself shiver. How was this possible? To be staring at him like there was only the two of you present. Neither one of you look away and your breathing starts to get shallower. 

 

"Chae?" Kai calls out. "Huh?" You harshly snaps back into reality and you look at Kai, "What?" Kai shakes his head, "Nothing," Your eyes travel back to Kris to find him talking to Boyoung and your heart sinks a little. You allow your mind to wander as you drift further and further away from reality.

 

 

"Oh you guys go ahead, I'll meet you later," You tell Baekhyun when the campfire ends. Baekhyun reluctantly nods and drags Kai back to where the tents were at. 

 

You make your way to the lake near the campsite and sits down, throwing random pebbles into the clear stream. Your mind starts wandering back to when you and Kris gazed at each other earlier on and you feel yourself blush. "Why is this so confusing?" You mutter to yourself and watch as the pebble you threw skips on the water surface.

 

"Why is what so confusing?" Someone says behind you as you freeze. You regconise that voice too well. 

 

Kris takes a seat beside you on the grass and turns to you, "You felt it too, didn't you?" Your eyebrows furrow in confusion and you answer, "Felt what?" 

 

Kris smirks, something you hadn't seen for a fairly long time, and replies you.

 

"When we were gazing at each other like we're married," 

 


Prepare your hearts for fluff next chapter I HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE STILL ALIVE COUGHS???