10th Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

10thLease;

You stand behind Baekhyun and waited for your turn to board the bus. You almost stumble because of your heavy luggage and Baekhyun voluntarily holds it for you. This year's annual MT has finally arrived and you were, for once, actually hyped up about it because you were grouped with Kai and Baekhyun.

"I'm not a weakling!" You attempt snatching your luggage back from Baekhyun while he smiles at you, "I'm a gentleman, okay?" You scoff, "Pfft right," Baekhyun pushes your forehead with his finger and grins, "You're welcome," You pout at your best friend and continue rubbing where he pushed you, "And you call yourself a gentleman," 

 

"Come on," Baekhyun lets you board the bus first before stepping on board himself. You find a vacant seat at the last row of the bus and you move in, waiting for Baekhyun. When he arrives, you wave him over and pats on the seat beside you. Baekhyun smiles at you and sits beside you after putting both your luggages on the top cabin of the bus. 

 

"What's up?" He asks. You sigh, "Nothing much," Baekhyun frowns at you and continues, "Have you... Talked to Kris?" You turn your head to him and scowl, "No," 

You watch Kris board the bus and involuntarily lock eyes with him before looking away a split second later. Baekhyun notices your expression and nudges you, "How long are you going to ignore him like that? He apologised right?" Why do you continue hurting yourself by ignoring him?

 

"Let's not talk about this," You whisper to Baekhyun as you wave Kai over to the both of you. Kai stuffs his hands into his pocket and eyes Baekhyun before sitting beside him, "Sup?" He high fives Baekhyun and allows his eyes to travel to you, "Yo Chaerin! Looking good," Baekhyun laughs, "I have to agree," 

 

"You idiots," You push Baekhyun's head towards Kai, who frowns, "I don't want to kiss Baekhyun!" You burst out laughing at what Kai said and feel everyone turn and look at you. "Ahaha, Sorry!" You rub the back of your neck as you glare playfully at Kai, "Will you please!" 

 

Kris is still looking at you, before Boyoung boards the bus, her eyes frantically searching for her much wanted seatmate; Kris. She notices how Kris was glancing at you from time to time and pouts before approaching him, "Kris! Can I sit here?" Kris looks at Boyoung with a dazed face and replies, "Huh? I'm actually sitting with Tao..." He looks over her shoulder to see Tao sitting with Luhan, gesturing for him to accept Boyoung's request. Kris's line of vision travels back to Boyoung and sighs, "But not anymore I guess,"

Boyoung beams at Kris and sits down beside him, "I-I hope I'm not bothering you," "Oh, No," Kris stuffs his earphones in his ears and scrolls down his music playlist, trying his best to keep you off his mind. 

 

Tao high fives Luhan and sniggers, "Duizhang will fall for her in no time! I mean, she's cute and she's y and she's-" "Are you sure you're not the one that's falling for her?" Luhan raises his eyebrows at Tao, who gasps, "Hyung! How could you say that! I'm explaining to you why duizhang will like her!" 

 

Luhan holds back his laughter and nods, "Of courrrrse," His facial expression changes as he clears his throat, "But on a serious note, don't you think Kris is acting strangely these few days? When he's happy he's really happy, when he's sad he's moody as hell, is he pms-ing?" 

 

"Yeah," Tao agrees, "It's like... I don't know how to say it, He's confused?" Luhan sighs, "Is it because of Boyoung? She's the only girl in his life," "Probably," Tao assumes. 

 

 

 

"She's asleep," Baekhyun whispers to Kai as your head falls on his shoulders. Baekhyun looks at you and brushes a strand of hair away from your eyes before gazing at your face. "She's so pretty," Baekhyun half-whispers to Kai. Kai glances at you and then back at Baekhyun, "Dude will you just tell her?" 

 

 

"We're here!" Baekhyun taps your shoulder and you feel yourself stir awake. "Mmmm," You frown and continue sleeping on Baekhyun's shoulder, draping your hand across his shoulder this time. Baekhyun gulps and looks at Kai, "Help me wake her up, I can't do this," Kai shakes his head at Baekhyun and shakes your shoulder, "CHAERIN AH," He shouts, making you shoot awake. "That was loud," You glare at Kai.

 

"Why didn't you wake me up instead?" You sob at Baekhyun as he awkwardly smiles, "I did try, I guess you're too tired," You yawn and nod, "I guess so,"

 

The 3 of you are the last to get off the bus and Baekhyun continues holding your luggage for you, "I'll do it incase you trip on your own bag or something," He grins the sweetest smile at you while you scowl, "Whatever," 

 

"Okay guys gather over here!" The camp instructor shouts. You rub your eyes as the camp instructor holds a megaphone up to his mouth and shouts, "After every group assigns a leader, send him or her to the front to collect your tent, which you will pitch yourselves only with the help of your team members! This is a group bonding exercise so may all of you befriend one another if you havent!"

 

Kris groans to himself as a thousand things runs through his mind. He hasn't been able to sleep on the bus ride here because Boyoung keeps talking to him even though he doesn't reply her. "Oppa let's go!" Boyoung clutches onto Kris's arm and pulls him over to you, Baekhyun and Kai. Luhan and Tao follows behind their leader snickering at how cute he looks with Boyoung. 

 

You see an unknown girl dragging Kris towards the three of you and you look at Baekhyun, "Is that the Boyoung person?" Baekhyun gives you a crooked smile and replies, "I don't know but sure seems like she's taking a liking to your man," You roll your eyes at Baekhyun and snorts, "Who gives a damn," 

 

Baekhyun pouts at your hostitality and stays quiet, afraid that he will offend you if he says something wrong. 

 

"Hello, my name is Boyoung and we're the same group as you," Boyoung beams at you. You smile back and shakes her hand, "Nice to meet you, I'm Chaerin, but you can always call me Chae!" Chae? Kris mentally frowns, she never tells me to call her that. Baekhyun walks beside you from behind you and bows, "I'm Baekhyun, or Baek. And that guy acting cool beside Chaerin is Kai," 

 

"Hey I'm right here and I can hear you!" Kai glares at Baekhyun, obviously unhappy about the way he was introduced by his best friend. Baekhyun laughs and turns to Boyoung, "Don't mind him," Boyoung giggles at Baekhyun and nods.

 

"I'm Luhan, you can call me Luhan, and this is Zitao, but he likes to be called Tao because he thinks it's cooler," Luhan smiles at the 3 of you, "Nice to meet all of you," "Hyung you make me sound childish!" Tao whines and puffs out his chest, "I'm very manly," You smile at his actions and turns to Kai, "Doesn't he remind you of Sehun?" 

 

"A little," Kai laughs. 

 

"Erm..." Boyoung eyes you and then Kris, pulling his arm again, "This is Kris," Your face falls as stare at Kris, who is standing infront of you. Oh so now she introduces him, I see. "Nice to meet you, Kris," Baekhyun cuts in your staring contest with the tall one and drags you back, "So who's the leader?" he continues, trying to salvage the heavy atmosphere. 

 

"I want to be the leader!" Tao shouts, his hand shooting upwards. You laugh at his actions and shrug, "Go ahead!" Tao smiles at you and walks to the front to take the tent from the camp instructor, dragging Luhan along with him. Now it's just the 5 of you left. Baekhyun leans down and whispers in your ears, "Do you know how to pitch a tent?" You turn back to him, surprised at how close the both of you are, and answers in the same level of audacity, "No, do you?" Baekhyun smirks at you and stands straight again, "Of course I do!" You sigh, That's something assuring to hear.

 

Kris watches the both of you interact and forces himself to lookaway. One moment ago she was glaring at me and now she's all friendly with her guy friend, nice.

 

"You guys are so cute!" Boyoung squeals all of a sudden, startling you and Baekhyun. "Huh?" You ask, confused about what's going on. "How long have you guys been dating?" Boyoung's eyes lights up and she alternates her gaze between you and Baekhyun. "Uh," Baekhyun rubs the back of his neck and glances at Kai, who is just as shocked.  Baekhyun would explain that the two of you are not dating, but he couldn't bring himself to, so he waits for you to answer her instead. 

 

You laugh and wave your hand, "Baek? He's just my best friend! I can't possibly date my best friend," Baekhyun freezes and forces a smile on his face, "Yeah, that would be... not right," He awkwardly laughs it off. Kai looks at Baekhyun with a face full of worry and sighs, I told him he should've told her. "Oh..." Boyoung bites her lips, "I'm sorry! I didn't know. The both of you just look so cute together and I automatically assumed that you're dating," 

 

Kris rolls his eyes and frowns, They're obviously not dating! 

 

"Nah, It's fine!" You smile, "Normally people would assume that Kai's my boyfriend so I guess I'm used to it," Kai's face falls as he glances at Baekhyun, who has his gaze fixated on the ground. 

 

"I'm going to the gents," Baekhyun half-whispers. "Aren't you just finding an excuse to not pitch the tent?" You playfully glare at him, only to have him avoid your gaze. "No, I'll be right back," He softly grins at you before excusing himself to the gents. 

 

"Baekhyun wait I'll go with-" "It's fine," Baekhyun cuts Kai off and walks off alone. 

 

 


HI GUYS oh my god I do realise today's not a friday and I updated the story late I'm so sorry :( my cousins came over from malaysia and I had to accompany them sobs I'm sorry you have my permission to hate me T_T but i hope you liked the chapter~! :3 remember to comment ngawwww.