6th Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

6thLease;

"I still don't get it," You blink at Baekhyun as he sighs for the nth time. "Chaerin ah," He taps his pencil on the worksheets spread out messily on the table, "Math is not that hard if you actually tried," Baekhyun sighs again as he turns to you, "You still don't get it after I explained the question to you trice because you haven't been trying," 

You look at your palms as you sigh, "Okay, Go at it again," You rest your arms on the table as your eyes scan the solutions Baekhyun scribbled on your worksheets. The both of you had went straight back to your house after school so that he could, like always, give you a last minute tutoring on the math chapter you're being tested on tomorrow. You shake your head and groan after seeing all the strings of  numbers. "Let's take a break," You suggest.

 

Baekhyun sighs as he looks at you stretch. "Chaerin," He calls out. You nod, showing that you are listening and he continues, "Why are you ignoring Kris?" You freeze as you look at Baekhyun with a nervous smile, "What are you talking about?" 

 

Baekhyun sighs and ruffles your hair, "I saw how you were ignoring him the whole week. It's not that hard to decipher too," Were you that obvious? You purse your lips as you glance at Baekhyun, "I've decided that ignoring him is the best way for me to contain my feelings for him," Baekhyun's face scrunches up at your answer as he shakes his head, "No, the best and right way is to make him like you back and date him," You feel your nerves tense up and you frown, "What? No way! Why would I make him like me back? I've survived 2 years with him not even knowing me so I don't think I need to date him," 

Baekhyun holds back a laugh as he raises his eyebrows at you, "We'll see," Chaerin wouldn't be able to ignore him for long, not when Kris is Kris.

 

 

"Please accept these!" Boyoung pushes a box of chocolates to Kris as she lookes down at her shoes, not daring to even glance at Kris. Kris looks at the girl infront of him and smirks, "I... Don't really like chocolate," He pushes the chocolates back to the girl, who was dumbfounded, "But thank you," 

 

Boyoung immediately brightens as she shakes her head, "I'll bring you something better next time, oppa!" She enthusiastically leaves as she holds her giddy head. 

 

Kris sits back down on the table and sighs, the 5 other boys grinning at him. "Hyung, It's the 2nd time this week! Wow, she must really like you," Lay fixes his bangs as he smiles at the leader. Kris remains emotionless as he calmly replies Lay with a "i know,"

"Do you like her hyung?" Tao's eyes sparkles as he pokes Kris's arm, "She's quite cute, and..." Tao glances around him and continues, "She's so huge for her size!" Kris glares at Tao in disgust as he shakes his head, "All you think about are s," Chen nods as he sticks his tongue out at the maknae, "He's right," 

 

Tao frowns at the two older boys as Luhan laughs, "It's normal for a boy with raging hormones to look at... Specific parts of the female anatomy," Xiumin laughs along with Luhan as he hurriedly chomps on his chicken burger. "Chen hyung's the same! It's just that he looks at their legs!" Tao whines as he accusingly points a finger at Chen. 

 

Chen holds his hands up and shakes his head, "I'm innocent!" 

 

Kris rolls his eyes at the scene infront of him as his mind travels back to you. It has been a week since you were ignoring him and he was frustrated because he didn't know the reason for it. You can't just go ignoring me whenever you want, Ahn Chaerin.

 

 

"I think I'm actually starting to get it now!" You almost squeal in joy as you solved the 5th math problem sum Baekhyun had came up with. Baekhyun smiles and ruffles your hair, "I'm proud of you," You look at him and smile. "But I'm even more proud of myself because I finally taught you the right way to solve the questions after 3 hours!" He continues, giving himself a pat on his back as you scoff, "Are you calling me slow?" 

 

Baekhyun looks at you and laughs, "Yes," You can't help but laugh alongside with him after you hear his contagious laughter. 

 

Your laughter didn't last long however, when the front door clicks open to reveal Kris casually walking in with his bang slung over his shoulders. 

 

Baekhyun turns to you as he studies your emotionless reaction. Kris lookes at the both of you and goes straight to the guest room. You look at the mirror infront of you and sees his back profile, leaving you almost breathless. Baekhyun sighs as he follows your eyes to the mirror, "Why don't you just talk to him instead of just looking at him through the mirror?" 

 

Your stomach churn as you look at Baekhyun with a troubled face, "Ignoring him is the right thing to do, isn't it? That way, he wouldn't know that I have feelings for him and it wouldn't bother him as well," Baekhyun's eyebrows furrows as he asks, "Bother him?" 

 

"Wouldn't it?" You ask, "It bothers you if you're staying together with someone that likes you, doesn't it?" Your breathing hitches as you continue, "Especially if you don't have any feelings for that specific person," 

 

Baekhyun's eyes softens as he looks at the conflicted you. "But you're hurting yourself by ignoring him," He states. You can't believe you're actually having this conversation with Baekhyun now. This is ridiculous. "Why are we even talking about this?" You snap, not wanting to respond to his statement, because you know so well that it was true. 

 

"Don't change the topic," Baekhyun frowns, "We're talking about this because I saw your expression when you looked at him through the mirror," You blush as you look away from your best friend. Baekhyun sees you glance at him as he continues, "You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel."

 

 

"I need to change this," Kris mutters to himself as he sees the bandage on his arm. The nurse had instructed him to change his bandage every week. 

 

Kris makes his way to the living room to find you sitting on the couch alone. Oh, He left? You hear footsteps behind you but you don't turn around, knowing so well who it is. Kris walks to the kitchen, where his mother had clearly placed the roll of bandage. He takes the bandage and sits the dining table in the kitchen before carefully peeling off his old bandage. He was supposed to disinfect the wounds first but he has absoulutely no idea where the bottle of disinfectant is. 

 

He sighs as he shouts from the kitchen, almost making you jump at the sudden voice, "Where's the disinfectant?" 

 

You look at him with a blank face when you realise he was trying to change his bandage. Oh. You quickly stand up and rummage through the kitchen drawers, finally finding the bottle of disinfectant. You place it on the dining table without any words as you continue watching Kris remove his bandage. "Thanks," 

 

You yourself wince in pain as you see the burns on his hand. That's pretty serious. This is the first time Kris used a disinfectant and he was about to pour the whole bottle of liquid on his arm when you snatch the bottle from him. "Are you insane?!" you shout.

 

Kris looks up at you as he unconsciously blinks, "That's the first words you're saying to me this week," You continue looking at him as you ignore whatever you just heard and sit down beside him, "I'll help you. Judging from the way you wanted to pour the whole bottle of disinfectant on your arm I'd say you're an idiot when it comes to first-aid," Kris smirks as he realises you are trying to change the topic, and holds out his arm to you. 

 

You dip a piece of cotton wool into the bottle of disinfectant as your other hand holds onto Kris's arm. "It'll sting a little," You dab the cotton wool on his burns as he winces in pain. You immediately pull your hand back as you look at him with a worried expression, "I'm sorry! D-did I press it too hard?" Kris continues looking at you and you were beginning to tense up when you realise Kris isn't answering you. 

 

Kris holds your gaze for a fairly long time before you feel blood rushing up your cheeks and forced yourself look away awkwardly. What the hell was that? You clear your throat as you continue disinfectiong Kris's wounds, trying your utmost best to ignore his heated stare on you.

 

You gently continue dabbing the cotton wool when Kris speaks up. "Why are you ignoring me?" He questions you suddenly.

 

You consider your choice of words carefully before replying, "I'm... Not ignoring you," You refuse to meet his eyes, afraid that it would be game over for you the moment you do so. 

 

"Right, of course," He replies, not saying anything else after. 

 

The both of you are silent when you are done disinfecting his wounds. Kris watches as you unroll the new bandage and puts it on his arm. "If it's too tight please say so," You say, receiving a subtle nod from Kris. 

 

You start coiling the bandage around his arm, making sure it doesn't stick to his wounds. Kris watches you silently as he allows his eyes to linger around your features for a little longer than usual. 

 

You tuck in the ends of the bandage and claps your hand. "Can you try moving your arm?" You ask. Kris nods as he moves his arm, checking if the bandage falls. You nod as you look at Kris, "It's done," You roll up the extra bandages and walks over to the drawers to keep it for next week.

 

"When you need to change your bandage next week please call me," You continue when you see Kris looking at you, "I don't think you'll be able to wrap it by yourself," 

 

Kris nods as you make your way back to the couch in the living room. You don't look back at him because you're blushing. You breathe out as you slide back onto the couch. My heart is going to explode.

 


Am I legitly the only freak that's fawning over Kris' new hairstyle because he looks so good I just- When will he stop toying with my ovaries because I can't take this HAHAHA /slapped/

I hope you liked the chapter~ Remember to comment hehe! ♥