2nd Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

2ndLease;

"AND THEN?! Noona... You're blushing," Sehun pokes your cheeks as you swat his hands away. "And then he borrowed my pencil, that's it!" You know that Kai is going to tell the guys sooner or later, but you didn't expect him to have texted them during math lesson. "You guys should've seen her face," Kai stifles a laugh and looks at you, "She looked so awkward!"

 

"I think he likes you," Chanyeol nudges you as your face scrunch up into an ugly ball. "What? That's ridiculous, he doesn't even know me!" Chanyeol looks over your shoulder and laughs quietly, "Seems otherwise," He gestures for you to turn around and you do, meeting eyes with none other than Kris himself.

 

You turn back abruptly and responds, "He probably thinks I'm weird," Chanyeol shrugs and continues munching on his lunch. "You mean he probably thinks you're hot. I mean, who doesn't?" Baekhyun flashes his million dollar eye smile as you struggled to hold back your puke. "Right, of course he does,"

 

 

"Hyung your eyeballs are going to pop out from their sockets," Tao nudges Kris and watches as confusion wash over Kris's face. "What exactly are you looking at?" Chen asks, "There's no hot babes or anything like that," Kris turns to Chen and rolls his eyes, "Your whole world revolves around hot babes," Chen grins sweetly before continue chewing his burger.

 

Before Tao can ask another question, Kris stands up from his seat, catching everyone's attention, excluding yours of course, since your back was facing his direction. You are talking to Suho about how Mr Kim had a test all planned out when he his eyebrows all of a sudden.

 

"Um, Chaerin?" Suho looks at you with a smile, "Kris's walking this way," You narrow your eyes at him and break out into a sneaky smile as you responded, "Nice try," You lean back against your seat when you feel a prescence beside you. You look up with raised eyebrows and sees Kris, who was literally looking down on you due to his tall exterior. Your eyes widen as you almost choke on your soda, "Y-yes?"

 

"Thanks," Kris smirks, before placing your pencil on the table, "See you," He stuffs his hands back into his pockets and walks away, not saying anything else. You feel your heart squeeze as you look at your pencil rolling on the table. You're welcome.

 

"Wow," Kyungsoo's eyes were at it again, "You guys are going way too fast!" You choke on your drink as your eyes widen in surprise, "What are you saying?!" Kai pats your back, "Relax, relax!" Before you know it, his hands travels to and around your waist. "Kai!" You push his hands away as you glare at him. "A hug wouldn't hurt," He pouts.

 

 

"Is that her boyfriend?" Kris asks Xiumin, his eyes stuck on you and Kai. Xiumin looks at Kris, and then at you. "She?" Kris nods, "Yeah, That girl over there sitting with 6 other boys," Xiumin his eyebrows as he turns back to Kris, "Apparently there were rumors of them dating once, but nobody really cared." Kris's eyes travels to you bickering with Kai, "I see,"

 

 

School had ended and as usual, you are at the school gate waiting for the boys. "What is taking them so long," you mutter under your breath when you feel someone hug you from behind. "AHH!" You pry the person's arms off you and turn around to be greeted by Kai's kissy face. "Kim Jongin!" You frown, "What the hell!" Kai awkwardly rubbs the back of his neck and says, "Sorry, I was in the mood for a backhug,"

 

"And you had to do it on me?" You fold your arms as Kai pouts, "Would you rather I hug someone else?" "Yes," you laugh, "But where are the guys?" Kai smiles, "4 of them has extra classes today, and Kyungsoo had to go back home early because his cousins were coming over, so that leaves me and you," He pats your head, "Again," You sigh, "This is happening alot nowadays," Kai nods, "It's obviously god's will for us to bond,"

 

 

"I'm back home!" You wave to your mother, who was alone at home again. "Dad?" "Overseas," Again. "How was your day?" Your mother affectionately ruffles your hair as you throw your bag on the couch. "School was... Normal," You feel yourself smile as you think back to when Kris sat beside you. Your mother looks at you and smiles, "Suuure,"

 

You walk into your room and flings yourself at the bed, feeling something hard poke your . You reach into your pocket and pull out your pencil, immediately breaking into another smile. Fine, maybe I do like him a little too much. You sigh to yourself and hug your pillow, allowing yourself to drift off to wonderland.

 

 

"AHN CHAERIN!" Your sweet nap was interrupted by someone screaming into your ear. "5 more minutes, umma!" You groan, flipping your body such that you were facing the wall instead of the door. "Do I look like your umma," A guy's voice floated past your ears as you feel yourself being forcefully turned around.

 

Your right eyebrow twitch in annoyance as you rub your eyes, opening them only to be greeted by Kai's face. You groan in irritation, "What do you want?!" 

 

Kai looks at you and sighs in frustration, "Will you wake the hell up because Kris just got into an accident!" 

 

Your eyes shoots open as you look at Kai, who is scratching the top of his head in a desperate attempt of finding the right words to say to you. "What did you say?" Your eyebrows furrow as you pray to yourself that you had heard the wrong thing. Kai sighs, "I said, Kris... just got into an accident and is currently in the hospital," He watches as your eyes change from shocked to worried. "What happened?" You clutch onto his arm, as though that would make everything better.

 

"Okay so," Kai's eyes met yours as they reflect your worried expression in them, "I don't know what the hell he was doing, but the gas pipe in his kitchen burst, and he no knowledge about it. When he had finally noticed that something was off, there was a small explosion that caused his terrace to burst out into flames." Your eyes widen, "A-An explosion?! Is he okay now?" You gulp, "He is, right?" Kai nods, "He's fine so don't worry too much," 

 

You heave a sigh of relief as you let go of Kai's arm, "And you came all the way here to inform me of this?" Kai smiles, "I just live across you so I didn't think of it as such a bother, besides you're not one to watch the news," You nod your head in understanding as you frown, "I hope he's fine," 

 

"He's probably fine, Don't think so much about it," Kai pats your head lovingly. 

 

 

"Your arm would probably take a few days to recover, Mr Wu," The nurse had just finished bandaging Kris's injured arm as Kris winces in pain, "Okay, thank you so much," The nurse nods and takes her leave as Kris's mother rushes into the ward. "Are you okay?! What were you doing in the kitchen anyway! Oh my god, you could've been killed!" Mrs Wu shouts with worry.

 

"Umma, I'm fine," Kris reassures his mother with a small smile as he struggles to sit up. "Where's dad?" Mrs Wu sighes, "Overseas. Again." Kris nods in understanding, his dad would probably have killed him for burning down half the house. He looks up at his mother and frowns, "Where are we going to live now that our home is... Half gone?" 

 

Mrs Wu smiles, "I can stay at my sister's house temporarily, It's not problem for me," She pauses as her eyes travels to Kris, "But you're currently schooling and to travel to school everyday from Gangnam would take some valuable time," Kris sighs, "A hotel?" Mrs Wu shakes her head, "I'm not leaving my precious son in a hotel!" She seems to have an idea as her eyes brighten, "I have a friend," 

 

Kris his eyebrows in confusion, "So...?" Mrs Wu smiles, "You could stay over at her house for the moment! I'm sure she wouldn't mind, we've been close friends since forever!" Kris gulps, "Umma, you want me to stay with one of your ahjumma friends alone? Wouldn't a hotel sound like a better choice?" Mrs Wu holds back her laughter and replies, "Nonsense! She has a daughter one year younger than you, I'm sure the two of you could make friends!" 

 

Kris rolls his eyes, "I'm sure we will,"