8th Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

8thLease;

"Attention to all students," The principal announces through the speakers of your class as everyone listens to the announcement. "The time of the year has come again!" She exclaims in joy while students starts whispering amongst themselves. No way, already? You groan as you wait for the principal to continue speaking.

"That's right! We're going to have our annual Membership Training (MT) this coming monday!" The students in your english class throw their hands up in the air while you bury your face in your palms. You hate going on MT ever since your first year of college because it means you had to camp out with a bunch of people you're unfamilar with. The school doesn't put you together with the guys because they think you have to socialise. You pray to yourself that you would at least be with one of the guys. 

 

"And this year there's something different," The principal continues, "We'll be drawing lots to decide who you will be grouped with!" Your eyes brighten a little as you realise there's actually a small chance of you being grouped with one of the boys. Well I hope this year's MT is more enjoyable than the previous years.

 

"I really hope I'm grouped with at least one of you guys," You pout as Chanyeol listens to you rant about going on MT. "I mean," You continue, "Last year I was grouped with Hee Young's gang. Are you kidding me?" 

 

Hee Young is a really well known girl in your school. She isn't exactly secretive about how many guys she slept with and you had to listen to her describe the whole process to her girls last year in MT. It was so damn horrible you almost went out of the cabin and slept in the woods. 

 

Chanyeol chuckles as he asks, "What if you get grouped with Kris?" You shake your head, "Impossible, It's basically a one in a million chance for me to get grouped with him," You scoff as Chanyeol responds, "Fate likes to play around with people," 

 

You laugh as you raise your eyebrows, "We'll find out soon, the groupings are out later in the evening anyway,"

 

 

 

You were in the library with the boys to cool off when the school bell goes off. The 7 of you would normally go home or out straight after school but you wanted to know the groupings so bad and you begged them to stay in school with you. 

 

"School," The speaker starts as your face brightens up, "For those of you who are still in school, do feel free to check out the groupings for this year's annual MT at the notice board outside the general office!" Baekhyun sighs as he pulls you up from the sofa, "Finally! Let's go," 

 

There is only a few students who stayed back to wait for the groupings to be announced and you were one of them. You run towards the board as you scan the lists for your name. 

 

"No way!" Baekhyun exclaims as he pulls your arm excitedly, "Kai, Me and you are in a group!!" You look at him in surprise as you ask, "Are you serious?!" He nods and pointed to a list of 7 students. 

 

Byun Baek Hyun

Ahn Chae Rin

Park Bo Young

Kim Jong In

Huang Zi Tao

Xi Lu Han

Wu Yi Fan

 

Wait. Your eyes reread the last name as your mouth falls agape. Wu Yi Fan. You point to the last name on the list as you look up at Baekhyun, "Isn't that...?" 

 

Baekhyun reads the name you're pointing to and smirks playfully at you, "Well well, look who else is in our group," You gulp to yourself as you look at Baekhyun with shaky eyes, "Are you kidding me?" 

 

He pulls Kai to the both of you and points at the board saying, "The 3 of us are in a group," Kai yawns, "Okay," Baekhyun frowns and slaps Kai's arm, "You have to ask who else is in the group!!" 

 

Kai frowns. "Who else is in the group?" He imitates Baekhyun in a high-tone annoying girl voice. You hold back your laughter as Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "Kris," He replies. Kai stops his yawn halfway as he pushes Baekhyun aside to look at the list himself, "Wow, Is this fate or what?!" He high fives Baekhyun and then tries to high five you only to have you stare at him, obviously unamused. 

 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun runs around you and to the other members, quickly spreading this epic news. Chanyeol walks over with a grin and nudges you from behind, "I told you fate likes to play around with people," You swat his hands away and sigh, "Geez thanks," 

 

The boys are busy congratulating you with so much joy as though you're getting married that they don't realise a girl quietly looking at you. Who the hell is she?

 

 

"I'm home!" You call out to your mother in the kitchen while your eyes travel to Kris sitting on the couch comfortably. "Oh, you stayed back for the announcement right? Did you see whose group I'm in?" Kris asks you casually with his eyes still on his phone. You sigh, how the hell were you supposed to tell him that he was in your group?

 

Kris doesn't hear your reply and looks up, "Well?" You gulp to yourself with an awkward laugh, "Oh, you know..." Kris raises his eyebrows in amusement, "No, I don't know," You eye him as he continues with a smirk, "But from the way we're acting I'll make a wild guess that we're in the same group," 

 

"Ahaha yeah..." You scratch your head and avoid his eyes when your mother calls your name. 

 

"Can you help me buy these?" Your mother asks you as you groan, "Now? I'm lazy!" Your mother smiles at your state and nods, "Yes, Now," She clears as her eyes travel to Kris sitting on the couch and continues, "You can bring Kris along with you," 

 

Kris tilts his head towards the two females when he hears his name being mentioned. "I heard my name?" He asks. 

 

"Oh," Your mother starts with a smile, "I was wondering if you could go to the supermarket with Chaerin because she doesn't want to go alone," She easily whips up a lie. You look at Kris as you shake your head, "It's okay! I'm fine alone," Kris looks at you and stands up with his hands in his pockets, "Let's go then," Your mother grins in victory as she finally achieves what she wanted. 

 

 

Your eyes scan the signs as Kris trails behind you in silence. You feel the awkwardness between the both of you and you ask him, "Do you want anything?" Kris says nothing and shakes his head at you. You sigh to yourself. One moment he's inches away from your face smirking and the next he's just shunning you. What exactly does he want? 

 

You check the list to make sure that you've bought everything your mother wants before you proceed to the counters. You almost forget that Kris is behind you until he grabs whatever you had in your hands and places them on the counter. You do not comprehend his actions but you don't bother asking. You pay the cashier with a 50 dollar note as she hands you your change. "Thank you and come again!" She says with a smile, while looking at Kris. Not you, the person who paid her, but at Kris, the good looking guy standing behind you. 

 

Kris looks at the cashier with a poker face and nods. Well that was definitely enough to make her smile. You frown as you witness the scene and grab the bags of grocery from the cashier, walking out of the shop without turning back. You don't realise that someone is calling you until you feel someone spin you around. Baekhyun?

 

"Woah! Why are you out here alone? You could've asked me to accompany you," Baekhyun pouts, "Do you not consider me as a grocery shopping friend?" 

 

You laugh as you shake your head, "Don't be stupid Baek, It's because-" Your words are cut off when your eyes travel to Kris stepping out of the supermarket. Baekhyun looks at Kris and then at you with wide eyes. "Are you on a date?" He whispers. 

 

"What? No!" You push him away with a flushed face and replies, "My mom asked him to come along," 

 

Kris reaches the both of you and he asks you, "Why did you leave me in there?" He looks at you, ignoring Baekhyun's prescence. Baekhyun glances at the both of you and takes a step back, giving you a thumbs up. You roll your eyes at Baekhyun as your attention returns to Kris, "Did I?" You shrug as you thought of the scene of the cashier flirting with him and mentally frown. 

 

You look past Kris and sees Baekhyun walking into the supermarket backwards. "What is he doing?" You mutter to yourself as you laughed at his actions. Kris turns back to see Baekhyun smiling foolishly at you and he scoffs.

 

Baekhyun turns his back to you once the door closes and his smile slowly drops off his face.

 

"Let's go back, it's getting late," You turn to Kris, who was staring intently at you. You start walking away from him when he abruptly pulls you back. Your eyes widen as you stare into his eyes, "Yes? Kris we should go..." You avoid his eyes and feel blood rushing up to your cheeks. You try to walk away again but he holds onto your shoulder and levels himself to be eye to eye with you. What is he doing? A thousand things are running through your mind as you try your utmost best to not squirm under his intense gaze.

 

"Uh... ," You blink at Kris and you ask, "What are we doing?" Kris smirked, "What does it look like we're doing? We're standing in the middle of the streets staring at each other," The bags of grocery in your hand threatens to fall out of your reach and you look at Kris awkwardly at his straightforward reply.

 

Your eyes travels to his lips as you mentally slap yourself for almost drooling. People probably have no idea how hard it was to not kiss Kris right there when he was only inches away from you. Kris lets your eyes dart around his face, studying his features as he allows his eyes to take in yours, eyeing your lips.

 

"Is your first kiss taken?" 

 


TA-DAH Happy friday everyone hehe! Remember to comment! Hehehe ^^ //do not expect too much for the next chapter please//

AND GUYS DID YOU SEE GROWL'S TEASER? If you haven't the link is below! Excuse me but KRIS IS JUST----

Korean//Chinese