3rd Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

3rdLease;

The whole school is talking about it; Kris's accident. You pace through the school gate as you hear worried murmurs of "I hope he's fine," and "Our poor prince,". I hope he's fine too, you secretly think to yourself as you bump into Baekhyun, who was, as usual, eating ice cream in the morning. Not many does that, in fact, nobody does that at all. You can never understand his love for ice cream.

 

"Oh Chaerin ah!" Baekhyun walks you to the lockers as he glances at you from time to time and finally speaks, "I'm guessing Kai told you," You nod, "Yeah, he rushed over to my house at 9 just to tell me that Kris got into an accident," You avoid Baekhyun's eyes as you stuff your books into the locker. "Are you okay?" Baekhyun frowns, sensing how you are trying to avoid the topic.

 

You close your locker and turn to Baekhyun, "I'm fine... I'm just," Baekhyun looks down at you with a smile, "Worried?" You refuse to admit that fact to anyone but Baekhyun is leaving you with no other choice. "Mmhmm," You nod your head, walking to art class with Baekhyun trailing behind you. 

 

Baekhyun looks at your back profile as he smiles to himself. Seeing such a side of you was definitely rare. 

 


"Thank you so much, Byeol! He'll move out the moment the renovations are done!" Mrs Wu hugs her best friend as Kris watches the two mothers interact. "It's no problem at all! He could stay here as long as he wants to, with no rental fees too!" Mrs Wu's long lost friend jokes as Mrs Wu turns back to Kris. "Where are your manners, young man?" Mrs Wu crosses her arms as Kris awkwardly smiles, "Thank you, Mrs.." "Ahn," Mrs Ahn replies with a smile, "You can call me Mrs Ahn!" 

 

"Ah," Kris rubs the back of his neck awkwardly, "Thank you, Mrs Ahn, I hope I'm not a bother to you," Kris could be a ladies man, but he was never the ahjumma man. Kris has no idea how to communicate with people of middle age, except for his relatives, whom he could talk to comfortably. 

 

"Of course not," Mrs Ahn smiles, "In fact, I've always wanted a son!" Kris laughs as he nods, "I hope I'm of help," Mrs Wu smiles, seeing how her son is getting along so well with her best friend and speaks, "Okay then, I'll get going! My sister is waiting for me," Kris nods and hugs his mother, bidding her goodbye. "Be nice, okay?" Mrs Wu waves to both Kris and Mrs Ahn before getting back into her car. 

 

"So that leaves us, Kris!" Mrs Ahn flashes her eye-smile, making Kris smile alongside with her. "May I know where I'm staying at?" Kris politely asks. Mrs Ahn nods, "Of course! We have a guest room here, So you could stay there!" She lifts Kris's luggage as Kris urgently stops her, "I'll do it!" 

 

"Your arm is injured, Kris, Your mother had emphasized the need to take good care of you. I can't let my friend down!" Mrs Ahn smiles at Kris as she makes her way to the guestroom with Kris following her.

 

 

"Do you think duizhang's okay? He haven't been answering my calls!" Tao pounces onto Luhan with a frown. Luhan laughs before prying the giant baby off him, "Don't worry, Kris is a strong man," Tao pouts, "I miss Duizhang," Chen joins the two boys at their usual lunch table as he sighs, "English without Kris was horrible," Luhan sighs alongside, "Chinese without Kris was horrible as well," 

 

"I really hope he's okay. He's not replying my texts," Chen pouts to his phone as he scrolls down, checking for any new messages from the injured dragon. Luhan nods, "Mine too-" "IS HE IGNORING US ON PURPOSE?!" Tao whines as he looks at the two older boys. Luhan nods, "Most probably, because of your excessive aegyos," Tao pouts and looks at Luhan, "Hyung why would you say that?" 

 

 

"hope he's fine," You sigh as Baekhyun walks beside you in silence, listening to you pour out your worries to him. "I'm sure he is," Baekhyun pats your head, something he loves doing, "For all you know, He may be at home watching television now," You smile at his small attempt to make you feel better and reply, "Thanks," 

 

The both of you are walking to Kai's home together as usual when Baekhyun pauses all of a sudden. "Can we..." He leans in closer to you as you lean back slowly, "maybe..." He continues as you feel his chest almost touching yours, "Get some ice cream please?" He asks. You push his away as you struggle to hide your flushed face. "What the heck!" Baekhyun was afterall your best friend but that was too close. You roll your eyes, "No. Too much ice cream is bad, so let's just continue walking," 

 

This is definitely not the reply Baekhyun is expecting, something you had figured when he pouts and clings onto your arm playfully, "How could you say no to ice cream?!" You pull him along with you as the both of you were approaching your houses. "Chaerin~" Baekhyun tries showing you his puppy eyes, failing miserably of course, and you laugh. "WE'RE HERE!" You pry his arms off yours as you smile, "I'm sure Kai has ice cream at home right?" 

 

 

Kris is sitting on the couch, watching the television when he hear people talking outside the door. Is Mrs Ahn back already? But she just went out. Unless... His eyes travels to the door as it clicks open. "Yes Baekhyun, Please go to Kai's now," Kai? Baekhyun? Kris's eyebrows furrow in confusion as he keeps his eyes on the door. 

 

You have (rather forcefully) gotten Baekhyun to go to Kai's house as you step through the door. "I'm home!" You shout, taking off your shoes.

 

You turn around as your eyes travel to the occupied couch.

 

You are unable to react as you freeze, your books tumbling to the floor. What in the world is going on? Is that who you think it is, sitting casually on your couch, watching your television? Your mouth falls agape as you continue staring at the uninvited guest. 

 

Kris is just as surprised as you were. Before he can open his mouth to say anything, the door clicks open again, revealing your mother holding two bags of groceries. Her eyes travels to the both of you as she casually places the bags on the floor. "I see you've met each other," She smiles, "Chaerin ah," You hesistantly turn to her with confusion and shock written all over your face. "Uh yes?" "Kris is going to be staying with us temporarily, because his house was unfortunately burnt down, and since his mother is my friend i figured it wouldn't hurt," 

 

"What?!" You scream in surprise as Kris raises his eyebrows at you. Am I that unwelcomed? Besides, I never knew I would be staying under her roof for god's sake. "No worries Chaerin, I'm sure the both of you can make friends! Besides, Kris has a natural talent for math, so you could seek for his help instead of Baekhyun's or Kai's now," Your face burn as you mentally glare at your mother. That was such an unnecessary information.

 

"Well, I'm going out for work soon! Cook dinner for our guest, okay?" Mrs Ahn smiles as you gulp down your worries. "Yeah well," Your mother grabs her handbag from the table and waves at both you and Kris, before going out for work. 

 

You reluctantly turn to face Kris, who is staring at you. "Uhh, What do you want for dinner?" Your eyes awkwardly scan the room before meeting his own. "What can you make?" Kris smirked. How could he act like it's normal for him to be staying together with me?! Your eyes travel to his bandaged arm and you soften a little, "Is your... Arm okay?" You didn't realised how abrupt it would've sounded to someone who didn't exactly know you on a friendly basis. 

 

Kris looks down at his arm and nods with another smirk. "You don't have to be worried," he responds.

 

Your eyes abruptly widen as you choke on your spit, "Who said I was worried? I was just asking," You clear your throat when you think of Kai, who's a great cook compared to you. "I'll get my friend to come over and he could cook for you," You hurriedly punch Kai's number into your phone as Kris looks at you suspiciously. He?

 

"Look, It's an emergency okay?!" You whisper harshly, turning your body away from Kris even though you know perfectly well he can still hear the contents of your phone call. Within seconds, you hear a knock on your door, making you sigh in relief. You were worried that Kai wouldn't come over because he was too absorbed in his video games.

 

You open the door to reveal Kai lazily leaning against your doorframe. "Look, if you missed me you could've just-" His words were abruptly cut off when his eyes travels to Kris sitting on your couch, and then back to you.

 

"WOW OH MY GOD I- MMPH!" You cover Kai's mouth before he could say anything stupid and drag him into your kitchen with Kris watching your every move in silence. When you finally release Kai, his mouth falls agape as you pull him down to your eye level. "Look, I'll explain later okay? Just help me cook something, anything!" You whisper into his ear as he nods.

 

"Okay, Okay!" You release his collar and turn back to Kris. "So... what do you want to eat? My friend's a great cook," You question, pulling Kai to stand beside you, and flash an awkward smile. Kai awkwardly rubs the back of his neck and responds with a "hey," Kris looks at Kai and then back at you, "I'm fine with anything," Kris didn't expect you to pull Kai into your house so casually. It was as though Kai came over everyday, to Kris, that is.

 

"He said he's fine with anything so you could've just made him ramen!" Kai whines, "I was in the middle of FIFA13 with Kyungsoo and winning!" You roll your eyes as Kris interrupts your conversation with Kai, "Ramen's fine too," 

 

You turn to him with wide eyes as you gulp, "But I-" "Oh well, I'm going back now! Goodbye Chaerin!" Kai pats your head before leaving the both of you alone in a hurry. You stare at him in disbelief as you mutter to yourself, "What a friend," 

 

"Are you dating him?" Kris's deep voice breaks your chain of thoughts as you look at him, "What? Kai? No way! That's disgusting," You make a face to express your disgust as Kris raises his eyebrows at you. "Uh okay," You feel self-conscious as you see Kris looking at you, "Ramen?" Kris nods, "You can cook ramen right?" 

 

"Yes, Can you come over here and choose which one you like?" You gesture for him to walk over to the counter tops as you hurriedly place all the different ramens you had on top of the counter. Kris stands behind you, his eyes scanning the different type of ramen displayed. "Wow," He breathes, "That's alot," You feel Kris's body heat radiating off his body as you force yourself not to squirm. Kris standing so close to you is definitely making it difficult for you to breathe.

 

"Is it okay?" Kris asks. You frown as you realise you hadn't been listening to him talk, "Is what okay?" You ask, without turning to face him. This was probably the most awkward position you've ever been in. Kris looks down at you and the corner of his lips lifts up into a smirk when he realises you weren't listening to him.

 

"Is this position okay?

 


Hello guys :3 are you enjoying the story so far? Hehe remember to leave a comment below before you leave this page because you know how much I love comments ♥ Muamua I need you guys to help me with this poll! ^^ 

P.S. If you still don't realise it I'm updating this story every friday so if there's any update alerts on other days it's probably just me editing the story! (Grammer/vocab mistakes) I love you guys! ♥