13th Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

13thLease;

Your nose crinkle in the cutest way when you realise what Kris was talking about. You soften when it finally hit you that you aren't the only one that felt the connection between the both of you. You don't reply Kris and he continues looking at you and finally speaks again, "You totally fell for me," 

 

You snap your head in his direction and scoff, "You wish," Kris smirks at you and turns back to the lake, "Maybe," You're still staring at his side profile when your eyes widen in surprise, "Maybe?" Kris glances at you with a soft smile, "Yeah, Maybe," Your heart almost explodes as you turn away from Kris, hugging your knees. 

 

There was a moment of silence between the both of you when you decide to speak. "How come you're here?" Kris shrugs, "I don't know. What about you?" You shrug as well, copying Kris's actions, and smile, "Too much on my mind," 

 

Kris nods, taking a deep breath before turning to you, "Look... About what I did the other day," He pauses, making sure that you're listening. Your eyebrows twitch as you remember the reason you're ignoring Kris in the first place. "What about it?" you sigh. Kris runs his hand through his hair frustratedly, "Well, I... just wanted to say sorry," He sees that you're quiet and continues, "I mean, I realised how rude it may have came across but I didn't really know what I was doing, and I'm forget this," He stops whatever he's saying and prepares to leave in embarrassment when you stop him with a laugh, "It's fine," It appears really cute to you how Kris was trying his best to convey his apology to you. 

You look up at Kris, "I'm not that petty," You continue playing with the sand as Kris stares down at you in surprise. "But you ignored me all week and" "I was mad. Was. Not anymore," Kris sits back down beside you and looks at you, not saying anything. He studies the way your brown highlights shine under the moonlight and how it perfectly frames your porcelain-like face. Your cheeks are faintly coloured and Kris can't take his eyes off you. 

 

"Kris," You turn to him after a long hesitation and meets his eyes. He's looking at you like that again. You gulp and you feel your stomach churn. You muster all the courage you had at that moment and ask, "Why do you keep looking at me like that?" 

 

Kris is taken aback by your abrupt question and he stares at you for what seems like eternity before speaking, "I don't know either," You're even more taken aback by his answer as you turn away from him, not wanting to get lost in his eyes again. God, is it even legal to be so perfect? You sigh to yourself as you kick the pebbles around you. Kris says nothing else and throws a pebble into the lake, watching it sink to the bottom the moment it hits the water surface.

 

"How come I can't do it," He mutters under his breath as you smile, throwing the pebble in your hands into the lake as well, and watching it skip across the water surface. Kris turns to you, obviously impressed, "...How?" You hold back a laugh at his surprised and amused facial expression and shrug, "Just throw it," 

 

You throw another pebble and it skips across, again. Kris attempts after you, only to have it plop into the lake the second it reaches the water. 

 

"I can't do it," Kris softly pouts to himself and you watch him, your entire mind blank. Kris. Pout. The two words most certainly did not fit into one sentence, but that's exactly what you're witnessing at the moment. You turn strangely silent and the butterflies in your stomach starts hitting the walls of your tummy. 

 

You continue looking at Kris throw one pebble after another into the lake and you feel yourself smile involuntarily. Kris frowns, turning to you, "I'm giving up if you don't teach me," He meets your eyes with furrowed eyebrows. You see your reflection in his eyes and your heart thumps against your ribcage. You've never imagined this day would actually come, you seeing yourself in Kris's eyes, as cheesy as that sounds. 

 

"Well," You clear your throat and pick up a pebble. "You have to make sure your pebble is oval, but doesn't have edge that's too sharp," Kris looks around and sighs, "Give me that," He grabs your pebble and smirks. You shake your head and find another oval-shaped pebble beside you. "And then," you continue, "You throw it sideways into the lake, without using too much strength," You effortlessly toss the pebble into the lake and watch it skip.

 

"What?" Kris asks again. You repeat your instructions and Kris does as you said. "Woah!" He exclaims, when his own pebble skips once. "That's too cool," Kris mutters to himself in chinese, your eyes widening. He knows chinese too? Does everyone in this school know chinese? You think back to Kai and Baekhyun and smiles to yourself, perhaps not.

 

"What's so funny?" Kris asks, looking at you as though you're from space. You laugh at his expression and shrug, "Nothing," Kris scoffs and half-whispers something in chinese. "What did you say?" You ask. 

 

"I said you're a weirdo," Kris replies you in chinese. "What" "A really cute weirdo," He adds, assuming that you have no idea what he's saying at the moment. You blush madly and you look away from him, your conscience howling at you for almost embarrassing yourself infront of Kris. Cute. He called you cute, thinking you didn't understand what he said. 

 

"What's with you?" Kris asks, sensing how uncomfortable you are all of a sudden. "Huh? Oh, nothing's wrong," You refuse to let Kris find out that you actually took chinese as your third language back in middle school. Kris shrugs, not wanting to question you any further, and continues practising his pebble-skipping techniques. 

 

 

The sun's ray greets you good morning as it peeks through the tent and shines down on your eyes. You yawn, turning to your right, only to come face to face with Kris. WHAT?! You flip yourself to the other side, now facing the tent, and breathe out. How did this happen? You think back to yesterday when you fell asleep on Kris's shoulder and you flush a deep shade of pink. Oh. 

 

You stuck your hands under your inflatable pillow to find your cellphone, checking what time it is. 6:25 AM. You are told to assemble at the camping grounds for morning assembly only at 8. You sigh to yourself, closing your eyes again. You try falling asleep but you can't, not with Kris right beside you. You can almost feel his even breathing on the side of your neck. 

 

Wriggling around, you try to get further away from Kris. Your plan, however, fails miserably when two arms wrap around you and pulls you towards them. You let out a squeal when you feel yourself being pulled back, the butterflies in your tummy almost eating you alive. You stay still, your eyes travelling down to the strong arms that are holding you, and you blush. 

 

You hold onto Kris's wrists and try prying them off you, only resulting in a tighter grip. Your eyes widen when you hear Kris groan, forcefully turning you around to face him. It's questionable to you if he's really asleep or just playing with you because one couldn't possibly do these in their sleep. 

 

"Mmm," Kris growls. Because of his constant tugging and pulling, you're now looking at him face to face. God. You let out a deep breath and hold your hands to your chest, not knowing where else to put them. You look over Kris's shoulder to see the other 5 of your team members sleeping like logs. You mentally cursed yourself for waking up too early and getting yourself tangled in this situation.

 

Kris had his arms secured around you, making it impossible for you to move. Your eyes travel to his sleeping face and you almost melt into his arms. The way his eyelashes are caressing the top of his cheeks makes your heart thump in nervousness. You feel as though you've sinned just by looking at Kris. Before you can react, you're tugged forward with a yelp and Kris's arm hugs your waist lazily. Your heart is so close to leaping out from your mouth and you feel yourself blush an even darker shade of pink. 

 

You're a centimeter, or maybe less, away from Kris. Your noses would touch if you move forward just by a little and you're definitely finding difficulties breathing with Kris this close to you. The proximity of his face and yours is no laughing matter. You swallow to yourself, almost sobbing at how torturous it is for you to stay in this position with your crush

 

You force yourself to close your eyes, you force yourself to drift off to dreamland, even though you know it's impossible to do so with Kris all over you.

 

 

"Wake up," You feel someone tap your cheeks and you swat their hands away. You groan, hugging your bolster even tighter and closer to you. Wait, I didn't bring an inflatable bolster. Realisation hits you hard in the head when your eyes shoot open, greeted by Kris's smirk. 

 

"Did you have a goodnight sleep?" 

 


GUYS OH MY GOD I apologise for not updating last week sobs I was out the weekend and I couldn't find time to get onto the computer because of my exams ;A; I'm so so sorry BUT HERE YOU GO I hope the fluff made you less angry at me ;u; ♥ AND WE REACHED 600 SUBBIES SOBS YOU GUYS

Kris wu's cute failure for all of you because I just can't resist my dragon ♥

I LOVE YOU /Throws love to subscribers/