11th Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

11thLease;

"Are you okay?" You ask Baekhyun for the third time. "Of course," He smiles without looking at you and continues pitching the tent. You sigh, Baekhyun was obviously not okay but he didn't want to tell you why he's acting this way. You have two wires in your hand and you have absolutely no idea where they are supposed to go. 

 

"This goes here," Luhan appears behind you and pushes the green wire into one of the openings in the tent. You look at him and smile, "Oh thanks, Luhan," He beams at you before turning to Tao. "She's cute," He says to Tao, in chinese. Your snap your head around and your mouth falls agape, They know chinese? You quickly regained your composure and snicker to yourself after hearing Luhan openly telling Tao that you're cute, This might actually be fun. 

 

"What did you say?" You frown at Luhan, who shakes his head, "I told Tao that we're finishing soon!" Your mouth becomes an 'o' shape as you nod to Luhan, pretending not to know anything. You resume pouring your attention on the last wire, desperately trying to figure out where it should be, when Kris appears by your side. You jump a little at his sudden appearance and he grabs the wire from you, "It's here," He pushes the last wire into the tent and smiles softly at you. 

 

You freeze in your position and continue looking at Kris, your heart pounding so loud you're wondering if he could hear it. He smiled at you. Kris smiled. At me. You bite your lips in an attempt of not breaking into a foolish grin as you look away from his face, "Yeah thank you," Kris looks at you one last time before moving to another part of the tent to help out. You peek to your right and realise he's gone. Holy . You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding and your knees weaken. 

 

Kris's smile replays itself in your mind as you unconsciously grin to yourself. "Are you insane?" Kai pokes your sides, making you jump. "What?" You turn to him, "Why would I be insane?" Kai smirks at you and imitates your goofy smile and saying, "You were smiling like that," Your face turns red as you scoff, "Why? Is smiling a crime?" Kai laughs at your answer and stuffs his hand in his pockets, "Smiling to a tent probably is, considering that it's an inanimate object," 

 

You awkwardly laugh, knowing that you don't have a chance of out-speaking Kai, and look away. "Maybe I am insane," You whisper to yourself before Kai walks away. 

 

Baekhyun sees you smiling to yourself and forces himself to tear his eyes away from the scene,  So that's how much of an effect he has on you. He glances down at the black bracelet around his hand and smiles sadly to himself. 

 

The bracelet Baekhyun had on his hand is your birthday present for him when he finally turned 17. You bought one for yourself too, claiming that they were friendship bracelets. Both your bracelets have the words 'Best Friends Forever' carved at the back of it. Baekhyun wore it wherever he went. Whether it was school or the showers, he never took it off. You, on the other hand, don't wear the bracelet as much because accessories are unneeded to you.

 

Baekhyun twists his hand so that the words 'Best Friends Forever' could be seen. He sighs to himself and rolls his sleeve down to cover the bracelet, I guess that's all we'll ever be, Best Friends.

 

Kai watches as Baekhyun fondles with the bracelet and he frowns. Love is selfish, Baekhyun. If you don't make a move on her soon you'll regret it for your whole life, Idiot.

 

"Can I help?" You ask Baekhyun. You're done with your part and you figured you should go help Baekhyun, who has been doing most of the jobs because he's the only one that experienced with pitching tents. Baekhyun looks at you and smiles, "No, It's fine. Why don't you go help the others? I'm fine over here," You frown disapprovingly at Baekhyun's reply.

 

"What's wrong with you?" You snap. Baekhyun turns to you and replies, "What do you mean what's wrong? Nothing's wrong. I'm doing perfectly fine here," You continue glaring at Baekhyun and he sighs, "Okay can you help me hold the tent up?" You nod, "If you needed help you should've just asked!" He glances at you and remains quiet. He didn't need any help but he didn't want you to be angry either so he had to make you do something. When Baekhyun is reaching for the top of the tent, his long sleeve rides up to reveal the black bracelet around his wrist.

 

Your eyes travel to the object and you soften, pulling his hand to you. Baekhyun looks at you with mild surprise when he sees you looking at the bracelet. "You're still wearing it?" You touch the leathery material of the bracelet and smile, "It's been so long since I gave you this," 

 

You never knew Baekhyun still wore the bracelet you gave him because he would always be wearing long sleeves when you're around, something you didn't quite understand.

 

Baekhyun laughs awkwardly and answers you, "Oh, yeah. Been wearing it for too long and now it's a habit to see it around my wrist," You look at him and beams, "I'm touched! Wow you must really like me," 

 

Baekhyun chokes on his saliva and you panic for a moment before patting his back, "Woah breathe!" He clears his throat and nods, "I'm okay!" His eyes dart around and he sees Boyoung lifting the sleeping bags over and speaks, "Why don't you help her? She looks like she needs help!" You turn to Boyoung and nod to Baekhyun before going over to help her, "Okay!" 

 

"That was close," Kai laughs at Baekhyun releasing a breath when you were gone. Baekhyun glares at Kai playfully and smiles afterwards. Kai's line of vision travels to the bracelet and he asks, "If you like her that much why don't you just tell her?" 

 

Baekhyun shakes his head before answering, "How come we're talking about this alot nowadays? Is it because I'm getting old and you don't want me to die alone? It's okay, we can die together," Kai's eyes widen and he says, "I don't want to die with you! You may me when we're dead... or something," Baekhyun laughs at how ridiculous that sounded and waves it off. 

 

 

"Good job guys!" The camp instructor pats all of you on the back and gives you a thumbs up. Your group was second to finish pitching your tent thanks to Baekhyun's supervision. "I think we have to thank Baekhyun for this," Luhan smiles and pats Baekhyun on the back again. Everyone agrees and Baekhyun laughs awkwardly, "Thanks I guess,"

 

 

After every group finishes pitching their respective tents, all of you are called to gather infront of the camp instructor. He claps his hand and shouts, "Well done to all of you! I hope you have acheieved a certain level of teamwork through this activity!" He smiles, showing a set of shiny white teeth, and continues, "From now on, there will be 5 more instructors that's joining me! They will explain tomorrow's schedule and activities. There are no more activites today but there will be a campfire tonight!" 

 

"Okay, so without further words, come out guys!" The camp instructor, whom you learnt his name to be Siwon, shouts. 5 males dressed in a black polo shirt and jeans walks out from the cottage behind the instructor, earning gasps from the student populations, Even Boyoung gasps in surprise as her eyes widen. They may have looked a little too good to be camp instructors.

 

"Hello! We will be instructor Siwon's assistants for the rest of this camp!" The five of them shouts in unity as your eyes travels to the male standing in the middle of the five. He had tousled gray hair and is a little shorter than the rest of the four, but his features were definitely strikingly attractive.

 

Wow, Are those honestly instructors or idols in the making?