7th Lease

When Your Crush Becomes Your... Tenant?

7thLease;

You run your fingers through your hair as you glance at the wall clock. It is already half past 12 midnight and you're still here, solving hundreds of math questions. You allow yourself to lie on the dining table momentarily before you spring up straight again. You have to pass this test, it's the last test of the semester and you're determined to at least pass it. 

 

Your eyes are giving way, but you refuse to go to bed, not until you master this chapter. You are dozing off to sleep again when someone taps your shoulder, making you scream. You turn your head to come face to face with Kris. 

 

 

 

 

 

Your palm is over your heart as your breathing turns normal again. "You scared me," You mutter. Kris looks at you and then at the table, "What are you doing at this hour of the day?" He questions casually. You meet his eyes as you sigh, "I'm trying to pass my math test tomorrow," 

 

Kris raises his eyebrow in amusement as he sits down beside you, pulling your worksheets towards him. He mentally calculates the answers as you watch him in silence. "Which part do you not understand?" He asks, turning his head to face you. 

 

Your heart skips a beat as you look at him under the dim kitchen lights. The sight of how his hair was tousled in all the right ways is making it difficult for you to breathe again as you struggle to answer him with a straight face. Kris sees you staring at him and smirks, "Are you enjoying the view so much that you're forgetting about my question?" 

 

Your mouth falls as you blink, "Uh," You hurriedly pull the bunch of paper back to you and points to a random question, "I don't get this," Your pen just had to land on a question that you've already finished earlier on and you curse yourself mentally. Kris his eyebrows at you and witnesses you making a complete mess out of yourself.

 

"I mean this," You point to a question that you attempted halfway and sigh, "I saw my friend's example but I don't understand how this step comes to this step," You frown and Kris nods, making your heart skip a few beats. "Oh..." Kris pulls his chair closer to yours and you feel the hairs on your arm stand.

 

His face is close to yours that you can literally hear his calm breathing. Kris feels the way you stiffen when his shoulder brushes against yours and smirks to himself while re-reading your question. "You take this one," He points to equation 1 as you nod, "And subtract this one," He points to equation 2 and you move your head closer to the question. "Oh!" 

 

"Do you understand?" Kris looks at you. You haven't realise how close the both of you are as you turn to face him without hesitation. "Yeah I-" Your breathing hitches when you realise you're only inches away from Kris. 

 

Kris doesn't move back and he continues keeping his gaze on you. 

 

Your heart pounds against your ribcage and you feel yourself getting lost in Kris's brown orbs. Your eyes trace his features, taking a mental note of how perfect he looks now. 

 

"Kids why are you guys still-" You hear your mother's voice coming from the living room as you jerk back, away from Kris. "I'm sorry, was I interrupting something? Go on, go on!" You feel yourself blush and you wave your hands in defence, "Umma it's not like tha-" "It's okay, I saw nothing," She rushes into her bedroom and you mentally facepalm yourself. This is so embarrassing. 

 

You don't turn to Kris as you fear you might have difficulties breathing. Kris studies your expression, the corner of his lips lifting up into a lop-sided grin. "So where were we?" He asks casually. Your mind runs wild and you gulp down your saliva, "W-what do you mean?" 'Where were we'?! What is he saying?! You feel your breathing quicken as you wait for his answer. 

 

"I mean," Kris flips the worksheet on your table, as though reminding you of what the both of you were doing before engaging in a staring contest, "What question were we at?" Your heart sinks when you realise he's talking about math. Of course, what was I expecting? You knock your head as Kris remains silent. 

 

"So," He clears his throat and grabs your pencil, "As I was saying earlier on, you subtract this from this to obtain the answer," You are aware that your mind is drifting when you couldn't understand half the things he was saying, but you nod either ways. 

 

 

Your phone rings as your eyes flutter open. They struggle to get used to the lighting of the room while you look at your phone. 5:15 You have an hour and a half to get ready for school. You yawn with a gasp, your eyes travelling to your right. Kris has his head on his folded arms, his right hand still holding your pencil. 

 

You smile to yourself as you watch him sleep. You're sure that you wouldn't be able to ignore him after yesterday's incident. Your hand unconsciously starts ghosting along the outline of his features, from his long lashes, past his perfect nose, to his oh so kissable lips. Your gaze lingers around his lips for a little while longer before you pull back, not wanting him to wake up to you touching his face. 

 

Your eyes travel to the taught bumps on his upper arm and you feel yourself blush. Why am I even looking at those? You snap yourself back to reality and you figured you should wake him up so he can get ready for school.

 

"Kris," You half whisper. Nothing. 

 

"Kris!" You shake him, his face scrunching up to reveal adorable lines between his eyes and his nose. Before you can call his name again, he begins to rub his eyes and stretch himself, forcing himself to sit up straight. "What time is it?" He asks you, as though it was perfectly normal for the both of you to have fallen sleep next to each other. 

 

"5:25," You respond, watching him run his long fingers through his half golden hair. How could his bed hair look so y? Bed hair. Your eyes widen as you realise you probably look like a mess. . You stand up before Kris can look at you and walks to your room to get ready for school, leaving Kris alone in the kitchen. 

 

Kris watches as you walk into your room and yawns again, I'm so tired.

 

 

"How was it?!" Baekhyun attacks you the moment you see him after your math test that morning. You smile as nod, "I think I can pass!" Baekhyun pats you on the back and grins, "Was it because of my tutoring?" Your mind travels back to when Kris tutored you till 3 in the morning and you look at Baekhyun, "Kind of," You're definitely not telling the boys about your small encounter with Kris yesterday.

 

"That's great, you owe me a drink," Baekhyun doesn't pry anymore into the matter as he drags you to the cafeteria. You join the guys at the table as your eyes glance over to Kris's empty table. Where is he? 

 

"So," Suho begins, "Tomorrow is saturday! Where should we go?" You yawn as you shake your head, "Let's just rest this week," You rest your head on the table as the boys look at you with a concerned expression. "Are you okay?" Kai asks. You nod as you look up at him with hooded eyes, "I slept at 3 yesterday to make sure I could pass the test today," The guys exclaim in amazement as you pout.

 

"If I still don't pass I'm going to flip everything," 

 


Kris is such a tease /bricked. Welcome to all new subbies and thank you for subcscribing T_T Don't stay silent and remember to comment/upvote ♥