009

My emotionally unstable life (Her Version) (Hiatus)

'Oppa!'

 

 

Ahreum burst into tears when she saw Yonghwa was puking his guts out only after a bite of his dinner.

 

 

'Honey, are you okay?' Their mum asked.

 

 

Yonghwa held his head while Hana rubbed his back.

 

 

His two younger sisters were watching helplessly at the scene.

 

 

'I think I have migraine.'

***

It was the whole world falling apart for me.

 

 

'No! You're joking. Ha ha. It's not even funny. This is a sick joke.' I shouted at the doctor.

 

 

I was being rude but no one really cared or stopped me.

 

 

'Agashi, I suggest you should take some fresh air with your sisters while I talk to your parents and oppa about the situation.'

 

 

'No! You're not talking because there's nothing to talk about. My Yong oppa is perfectly fine.'

 

 

'That's it, Ahreum. You're too much. Get out of the room.' Appa flared up.

 

 

Tears were flowing from my eyes.

 

 

'Oppa.' I called him.

 

 

Yong oppa was numb after the doctor told him.

 

 

'Oppa.' I walked to him, crying.

 

 

'Ahreum, let's go.'

 

 

Hana and Minhae unnie dragged me out.

 

 

'No! I want my oppa.'

 

 

I made a scene at the hospital, screaming at everyone. Hana unnie slapped me for the first time.

 

 

'Control yourself, Ahreum. We're at the hospital.'

 

 

I should be angry with her but I hugged her tight.

 

 

'Op-pa. U-unni. Oppa. What's going to happen to him? What about me?'

 

 

Again, for the first time she could not answer me back.

 

 

'I don't know, Ahreum.'

 

 

She broke down with Minhae unnie sobbing beside us.

***

The nurses gave us something to drink to calm us down but it was not working for me. I stared blankly at the picture that was hanging there when Yong oppa, my Yong oppa called me.

 

 

'Ahreum.' He gave a small smile.

 

 

I ran to arm and sobbed.

 

 

'Oppa, don't to this to me. You're mean.'

 

 

'Hey, baby girl. Don't cry.'

 

 

Baby girl.

 

 

Oppa used to call me that when I was small untill I banned him from calling me that. I never knew I missed him calling me that. He might not call me that anymore in the future.

 

 

'Don't die, oppa.' I begged him.

 

 

'Hey, I'm not backing off without a fight. I'm not going to die easily, baby girl.'

 

 

He was confident of himself that he almost convince me.

 

 

Almost.

***

Leukemia.

 

 

It's the word I hate the most.

 

 

I looked up online there were symptoms of leukemia. I should have seen it coming. The fever, the weight loss, the cold even he sweated when he was sleeping.

 

 

What a bad sister I am.

 

 

'Stop crying, Ahreum. You're making it hard on oppa.' Minhae unnie warned me.

 

 

I don't care. I want to be miserable.

 

 

'I'm back.' Yong oppa announced.

 

 

He was after a medical checkup and I could see that he was very tired.

 

 

'Ahreum, are you okay?' he quickly rushed by my side and I even wailed harder.

 

 

'It has been a week already.' He muttered to himself.

 

 

'Come on, I'll bring you to your room.' 

 

 

Minhae frowned and whispered angrily to Hana.

 

 

'He's also my brother but I'm still going strong for oppa.'

 

 

'Minhae, she just can't accept that oppa has cancer.' she replied feeling tired.

 

 

Everyone was exhausted at the Jung residence.

 

 

'I love oppa also.' Minhae exclaimed.

 

 

She couldn't take the fact that everyone was okay of Ahreum's behaviour.

 

 

'I know you love him. He's our brother. Even though he has only shown his love for Ahreum openly but he loves us equally. Don't forget that. He broke Han's nose for breaking your heart. He also had always been there for me when I needed him.'

 

 

And he always back me up for my dream of becoming a doctor.

 

 

Even at times when I almost give up. She added in her mind

 

 

'She's just making the situation even worse' the younger one muttered.

 

 

'Imagine if I'm the one who got cancer.'

 

 

'Unnie! Don't ever say such things.'

 

 

' I'm just saying. I'm pretty sure that you would react like Ahreum. ' Hana tried to calm her down.

 

 

'No. I would have at least try to act happy for your sake.' Minhae stormed off.

 

 

Cancer is a lethal topic for their family.