016

My emotionally unstable life (Her Version) (Hiatus)

*Two years later*

 

Jiyong gave a funny look at the number on his screen.

 

 

An international call?

 

 

'Hello?'

 

 

'Jiyong?'

 

 

'Yes, who is this?' He asked politely.

 

 

'I'm hurt, Jiyong. You forgot your favourite hyung's voice? I didn't know cancer can affect my voice?'

 

 

The caller gave a low chuckle.

 

 

'Hyung! How are you? It has been two years.'

 

 

'Still together with that girl?' Yonghwa asked which made Jiyong raised his eyebrow.

 

 

'No, hyung. We broke up but I'm currently dating another girl.'

 

 

'You can't really wait for my sister, eh? I promise you, she's worth the wait.'

 

 

Jiyong laughed.

 

 

'I'm serious, Jiyong.'

 

 

Jiyong was honoured that the protective, dying brother was trying to match-make him with his sister.

 

 

'My days are numbered.' Yonghwa said out of the blue.

 

 

'Hyung, you're going to be fine. They told you two years ago that you won't able to live long. Look at you. A walking miracle.'

 

 

'I'm not exactly able to walk. All I do is stay in bed.'

 

 

'That's not I meant.'

 

 

'I heard them talking. The perks of being a cancer patient that they don’t really know when you're sleeping or just closing your eyes.'

 

 

'I repeat. That's what they said two years ago.'

 

 

'My body is shutting down, Jiyong. I can't fight back. I'm too tired.' Yonghwa sighed.

 

 

'Help me with something, G-dragon.'

 

 

Jiyong smiled at his nickname. Probably Shindong told him about it.

 

 

'Anything hyung.'

 

 

.My funeral would be in Jeju.' Jiyong tired to cut in but the elder guy wouldn't let him.

 

 

'My family would be a mess at that time. Mum and dad would have lost their only son. Well my two sisters would be in agony losing their tie-breaker in choosing what food to takeout.

 

 

'I need you to be there for her. I'm not telling you to cheat on your girlfriend or anything. Just a few words of encouragement.'

 

 

'Hyung, Shindong would be abetter option, I don't really know her.'

 

 

'Please comfort Ahreum at the day of my funeral. I'm begging you. Shindong would be with my mum. He loves her like his own.'

 

 

Jiyong sighed.

 

 

'Okay hyung.'

***

I walked to the reception counter when the lady greeted me.

 

 

'Good afternoon, Hailey. How's school? Any cute guys?' Stella greeted.

 

 

'School's fine. There's a lot of them but I'm not interested at the moment.' I laughed and bid my farewell as I head towards my brother's ward.

 

 

'Please comfort Ahreum at the day of my funeral. I'm begging you. Shindong would be with my mum. He loves her like his own.' He pleaded at someone on the phone. At first I didn’t understand but I finally got it.

 

 

What am I? Five?

 

 

I could hear my brother's voice retort back, for me; you are.

 

 

Besides, oppa is not going to die. He's going to fight to the very end. Right?

 

 

It turns out I was wrong.