018

My emotionally unstable life (Her Version) (Hiatus)

Three years later

 

Crap.

I'm so screwed. I'm finally entering university. 18 years old. Future accountant. It's not fair that my housemates have the same schedule for the classes except me. I want to be same classes with Vanessa. Lyn's okay but I prefer talking to Nessa. Lyn has this untouchable aura.

 

'Nessa, its not fair.' I pouted for the nth times.

 

'Hailey, it's fixed. We cant change our classes.'

 

I waved goodbye to Vanessa and headed to my class. On the way, I saw a booth for clubs and society registration.

 

Oh! A Christian club. This is fun.

 

I greeted the member in charge, Minyoung. I think and signed up for Vanessa and me. The both of us are Christians and we were talking about entering the university's Christian society. God had really helped me through my brother's death but I'm still a wreak inside.

 

I skipped outside the classroom and headed towards the cafeteria. I'm kind of happy I made a lot of friends. Nerds to exact. But hey, they're cool. I can see myself being in the dean's list thanks to my nerd friends. Study groups and all.

 

'Hey Hailey.' Lyn beamed at me.

 

'Hi.' I smiled at her, seeing her with a group of guys. Oh gosh.

 

'Want to join us for lunch?' She asked as the guys looked at me from up to down.

 

'Maybe next time. I promised Vanessa.'

 

'Tomorrow?' She pleaded. She might be approachable after all.

 

'Sounds like a plan.' I agreed.

 

Little did I know in the future I regretted my decision but at the same time I did not.

***

I felt Nessa's face fall when I rejected her offer again. University life was fine for I'm in my second semester. My last semester was awesome because my result had caused me a place in the deans list.

 

Woot Woot!

 

Anyways, coming back to Vanessa.

 

'I’m sorry Nessa. I forgot that we're having our prayer meeting today. I promised Lyn and Kai that I would join them for dinner.'

 

Kai is a guy that Lyn dated for a few months before they became official.

 

'It's okay Hailey. I understand.'

 

I sighed in relief. Vanessa is not the type that holds grudge.

***

'My beautiful girlfriend.' Kai said to Lyn.

 

Lyn rolled her eyes at her cheesy boyfriend.

 

I giggled.

 

'You know what, Hailey?' He turned and faced me.

 

'What?'

 

'Lyn should be called Ahreum instead of you. Because she's so beautiful.'

 

Ouch.

 

I regretted telling them my Korean name.

 

'And you should be called loser instead of Kai. Because you're a loser.'

 

I rolled my eyes as though I was not affected by his remarks but it stung like hell. I have a very low self-esteem.

 

'So ladies, McD?' he asked our opinion for dinner.

 

'Yes!' Lyn and me shouted.

 

'Dude!' His friends called him out.

 

'I didn't know you’re dating two girls.' that jerk joked.

 

That's it. I’m out of here. I hate people calling me the third wheel.

 

When I was about to walk away, Lyn stopped me.

 

'Hes just joking, Hailey.' Lyn smiled.

 

'I hate it, Lyn. People are cursing me that I'm not letting you guys have your 'alone time''

 

'No one is cursing you, Hailey. Besides, I'll miss my daughter if she's not here with my wife.' Kai joked.

 

'Eww, no way you're my dad.' I wrinkled my nose in disgust.