015

My emotionally unstable life (Her Version) (Hiatus)

'I think Monica would be nice.' Mum suggested.

 

 

'Mum, no. It's not me.' I objected with oppa laughing at me. Thanks a lot oppa.

 

 

We were deciding our English name since we are in America and it would be easier for people to pronounce it instead of our korean names.

 

 

With a few suggestion thrown, I sighed deeply.

 

 

I looked at my brother, lost in his thought with needles jabbed in his skin as he sat in his bed in the hospital.

 

 

'Lucy?' Dad asked.

 

 

Argh! The lady new door to our new house has a dog named Lucy. No way I'll be named after a dog. The curse of being a maknae. Since I'm the youngest, my two darling sisters told that I should be first to be named. I thought it was sweet of them, but I was wrong. It's horrible I tell you. All kind of weird names were suggested.

 

 

'Hailey.' Oppa suddenly said.

 

 

I smiled genuinely for the first time after so long. It was the first time oppa suggested a name and I loved it.

 

 

'Hailey.' I tried out.

 

 

'Hello. I'm Hailey Jung. A pleasure to meet you.' I beamed at my family.

 

 

I could practically hear my mum thoughts of bragging on the English classes she forced my siblings and me to attend are finally paying off.

 

 

'I call dibs on Kaylee.' Hana unnie shouted.

 

 

'Not fair. It's my turn.' Minhae unnie pouted.

 

 

'But you don't like the name Kaylee.' Unnie tried to convince our sister.

 

 

'True. You better find me a name that rhymes with you and Ahreum.'

 

 

'Arraso.' Unnie promised.

***

I suddenly got up to the voices in the room.

 

 

'Is he getting better, doctor?' Mum asked the doctor in charge. I can hear her Korean accent coming out.

 

 

I pretended to sleep while entwining my fingers with my brothers'.

 

 

'I afraid you have to prepare for the worst.' Mum gasped. The doctor ushered her out of the room. I could feel my tears were threatening to fall when I could feel my brother’s grip tightened.

 

 

Oh .

 

 

He's awake. I got up and smiled weakly st him.

 

 

'Hey opppa. You heard?' I controlled my feelings.

 

 

'Yeah.' He shrugged as he played with my fingers.

 

 

'Oppa, you know you can cry if you want.' I have no idea that I could be this cool.

 

 

I always thought that I would break down when I hear the news directly to my ears but I guess I'm being strong for my brother. Looking from the past, he was the one comforting me when he was the one who has cancer.

 

 

How pathetic.

 

 

'Boys don't cry, Ahreum.'

 

 

'ist.' I rolled my eyes.

 

 

'Ahreum.'

 

 

'Hmm.' I watched him continue to play with my fingers.

 

 

'I love you.'

 

 

I bit my lips to fight the ugly sob that was about to burst out.

 

 

What? No I love you too?” He joked, faking the pain he felt as he was on his medication.

 

 

'I love you more, oppa.'

 

 

And that caused my brother’s eyes to tear.

***

I was trying not to freak out when I saw my brother's hair drop. I turned to look at my sisters only to find Minhae unnie ran out from the room. Well, everyone has their own breaking point. Hers was a bit later than any of us.

 

 

My brother couldn't be bothered of his lack of hair since he's puking his guts out in blood to be exact.

 

 

I saw mum rubbed his back to make him feel better while Hana unnie stayed frozen.

 

 

Time to get my sister.

***

'Unnie.' I found my second sister hiding.

 

 

'Ahreum, I can't take it.' She hugged me and sobbed near the vending machine at the hospital.

 

 

'I tried to be strong for his sake but I can't. As much I tried to hate him for showering his love to you, I can't. Because he loves us equally.'

 

 

I kept quiet. All she wants a eat to listen to.

 

 

'Who is going to break all the jerks face whenever they tried to take advantage of me?'

 

 

I let out a giggle.

 

 

'Violent much?'

 

 

Unnie shrugged while the waterworks was still going on.

 

 

'They deserve it.'


Sorry guys but work is my life out of me. I salute the people whose working.

Give me exams anytime. Dramatic much? 

I'm so sorry guys. I promised a regular update but I can only update once every two week.

Oh yeah I need you sign this petition.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/womanifesto_modi_rb_loc/?bQzFFcb&v=41169

-Two young girls were hanged from a tree after being gang in the fields outside their home in India and a minister from the ruling party just responded by saying that "is a social crime ... sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong.” -

People nowadays are sick in the head.

-Eve-