010

My emotionally unstable life (Her Version) (Hiatus)

'I'm dying.'

 

 

Pin drop silence.

 

 

'What?'

 

 

'I have cancer, Shindong.'

 

 

'Hyung, not funny. Ha-ha.' Sungkyu faked a laugh.

 

 

Jiyong was stunned.

 

 

Yonghwa looked damn serious.

 

 

After a moment of silence, Shindong spoke up.

 

 

'How is everyone at home taking the news?'

 

 

Jiyong was more curious of Ahreum.

 

 

Poor girl.

 

 

'Everyone is still digesting the news. Ahreum was devastated. That girl thinks that it's still at the first stage.'

 

 

'But?' Shindong asked.

 

 

'It's at the ing fourth stage.' Yonghwa burst out of anger.

 

 

Yonghwa was not a fan to swear but he couldn't help it.

 

 

'She thinks that it's at the first stage and she's looks like it was the end of the world. I can't even imagine how she would be like if she knew the truth.'

***

'It's true Yonghwa has cancer. I was at the hospital when they found out.'

 

 

'No wonder the Jung siblings were not at school for a week.'

 

 

'They look like zombies.'

 

 

'I can't tell who has cancer. They look equally terrible.' Someone sneered.

 

 

'That's it!' Hana had enough of the gossips.

 

 

They were planning to ignore the whispers but the plan failed.

 

 

'Yes, my brother has cancer. Anyone want to trade with him? We would be the happiness person.' Tears suddenly rolled down her cheeks.

 

 

Everyone paled because Hana was no crybaby.

 

 

'Hana please stop it.'

 

 

Yonghwa had no energy.

 

 

He only came to school because he needed to get some formalities done at the office. Han ignored his brother while her younger sisters looked at the ground, worn out.

 

 

'We look equally terrible? You have a brother right?' she pointed at the girl who commented.

 

 

'Try having your brother as a cancer patient. I want to see how you can sleep around with guys after that.' the girl was ashamed.

 

 

'Hana.' Yonghwa warned her.

 

 

'Ms. Jung. Detention.' the head discipline teacher pooped out of nowhere.

 

 

'Now you come. After they insulted us. Do your job properly.' Minhae flared up.

 

 

'Minnie.' Yonghwa was disappointed of his sisters actions but he couldn't blame them.

 

 

The Jung were cranky for the past few days because of him.

 

 

If anyone to be blamed, it's me.

 

 

'You too. Detention.' The teacher raised his eyebrows.

 

 

'Sir, may I have detention too?' Ahreum asked.

 

 

That was uncalled for.

 

 

She noticed the teacher was dumbfounded, so she explained.

 

 

'I have no one to walk me back. You see Sir, my brother has cancer but the school wanted him to come to settle some documents that doesn't require him to come and after that he has a checkup with the doctor. Which makes him unavailable to walk me home. So, I need a detention.' Ahreum shrugged.

 

 

'What are you looking at? We're not producing a drama here. Get lost people. ' She shouted at the crowd.

 

 

'Jung Ahreum.'

 

 

'Sir, may I have my detention now?'

 

 

I made my lovely sisters, rebels. Yonghwa sighed.

***

'You guys don't have go to that extreme.' Hana laughed for the first time after a long time.

 

 

'Says the one who revealed about a person's social life, unnie.' Ahreum giggled.

 

 

'What? She is a .' Hana defended herself.

 

 

'I can't believe Yonghwa sunbae's cancer is at stage four.'

 

 

Ahreum froze.

 

 

Stage four?

 

 

'Ahreum?' her elder sisters were curious of her actions as they didn't hear the conversation.

 

 

'Unnies? Ahreum?' a girl they knew from church smiled at them with her friends tagging along her.

 

 

'I heard about Yonghwa sunbae from my parents. Cancer at the fourth stage. Oh my. God bless sunbae. I'll pray for your family.' the girl babbled on.

 

 

Minhae and Hana didn't know what to do. Ahreum doesn't know.

 

 

'Four-th stag-ge?'

 

 

'Yeah. My cousin died when he's at his third stage. I hope sunbae would be lucky-' she couldn't finish her sentence because Ahreum suddenly ran off.

 

 

'Ahreum! ' both Hana and Minhae called after her.

 

 

'Did I say something wrong?'

***

'Where is that girl? ' Minhae panted after running around the whole school.

 

 

'We better get going for detention. We'll find her later.' Hana suggested.

 

 

They entered the detention class and found Ahreum weeping at her seat while their discipline lecturer didn't know what to do.

 

 

Typical of Ahreum. The sisters thought.

 

 

No matter what is the situation she's facing, Ahreum will always follow the rule, which meant not missing detention.

 

 

'Do something about your sister.' the teacher instructed them.

 

 

They went to her.

 

 

'You know, if I were you, I would have skip detention. ' Minhae was amused.

 

 

'But it's wrong to skip it.' She said while sobbing.

 

 

'Says the girl who got herself detention. ' Hana gave a tight smile.

 

 

'Are you okay?'

 

 

'Why no one told me?'

 

 

'So you would kill yourself?'

 

 

'Minhae.' Hana warned her.

 

 

'It's true. She would think like that.' Minhae was right and everyone else knew that little fact.

 

 

'Ahreum? Have you ever thought of Yong oppa?' Hana gently asked.