Blue Gown

29 Days Before

 

Days past, Yunshi and Sunggyu began to create one thing, called, friendship. They became closed and they shared stories of their lives. They went out together, like what best friends did. It was just a platonic relationship.

 

Days past, they learnt about each other well.

 

Yunshi and Sunggyu were walking down the busy street where stalls were everywhere, selling various things. They decided to find some good foods but cheap for Hyera’s birthday.

“Wow, that look yummy,” she said, her lips while her eyes were stuck on the stall which sell roasted chicken and duck. “Hyera Unnie will absolutey like it. Believe me.” Her eyes pleaded at Sunggyu but the guy ignored her.

 

They kept walking and her eyes caught something, again. “Sunggyu, look at that. Ddubboki.” began to watery.

Sunggyu shook his head. “Hyera Unnie doesn’t like oily foods,” he answered shortly and walked ahead, leaving her.

 

It was too crowded that sometime made Yunshi hard to breathe. She looked around as she realized she had... lost him. “Sunggyu…” She was searching for him. Just now, he was there, by her side. But right now, he was nowhere to be found. “Sunggyu!” Until, a hand reached hers, grasping it tightly. She turned around and… Sunggyu.

His expression was unreadable. “Don’t let it go.” He was talking about their interlaced fingers.

She hung her head lower. “Yes.”

 

- - - - - -

 

 

The two of them had done decorating the boutique with a lot of balloons, cute ribbons and a small banner, written, Happy 27th Birthday, Kim Hyera! It felt like, they were going to celebrate a 2 year-old kid’s birthday with all of the childish stuffs around them. Hyera must be laughing madly when she saw all this preparation, later. She was freaking 27, not 2 without 7, at the end.

 

“Thanks for helping.” Sunggyu patted Dongwoo’s shoulder. “Although you’re busy.”

He smiled. “Man. This is nothing compared to what Noona had done for me. Without her, I won’t be able to run my own wedding dress shop in Seoul.” The other guy said and went to the kitchen.

 

Sunggyu was left alone.

 

“Sunggyu.” Someone called him, making him spun around. “C-Can you help me?” It was Yunshi and she held a big and heavy box by her own, covering her whole face. His eyes widened and he quickly got her.

“What are you doing? What are these for?” he shot her with a lot of questions after the heavy box have been handed to him.

Yunshi smiled sheepishly. “Unnie said, if I have any unwanted clothes, I may donate them to the orphanage.”

 

He nodded and glanced at the box full of clothes. But, his eyes caught something. A blue gown. Wait, he knew the blue gown well. “Yunshi.” She looked up, staring at him. “Where did you get that blue gown?”

She blinked. “Eh? Which one?” She tiptoed to look at it. Seeing she was struggling to match her height with him, he put down the box on the floor, letting her have a look on the thing he was saying about. “This one?” She asked, taking the exactly beautiful blue gown he meant. Sunggyu hesitantly nodded. “Oh. My sister gave it to me. She said, she wasn’t going to wear anymore. It’ll be a waste if I throw it.”

 

“Why don’t you wear it instead?” His expression darkened, hearing her statement. “That gown was designed by me.”

“Oh, really? It's beautiful! No wonder my sister liked to wear it before because I saw most of her old photos, she wore this gown. Haha. But yeah, I’m not as feminine as her. I dislike wearing gown.” She spoke honestly and smiled.

 

“Lee Kyunshi?” He mumbled slowly.

She was startled plus surprised. “Yes! That’s my sister. Do you know her?” Yunshi went nearer to him, totally interested to know more. Even though they were friends, never once Sunggyu had opened up or shared his secrets with her. He usually told her about his daily life. Nothing more than that.

 

“I know her very-”

 

His imcomplete sentence was cut off by Dongwoo. “Yah, Hyera Noona is coming! Hide now!”

“Bwoh? Jeongmal, Dongwoo-sshi?” She looked outside the wide window and yes, Dongwoo was right. Hyera was coming. They quickly searched a place to hide. Dongwoo was hiding under the counter table. While Yunshi and Sunggyu hid behind the couch.

 

Yunshi couldn’t stopped giggling. “This must be fun! Oh yeah, Sunggyu. Let’s continue our conversation.” She tapped her chin, remembering back their main topic. “Yes! Get it. So, you know my sister?”

For a moment, he fell silent. They were just a few centimeters away from each other and he was gazing her. He smiled. “No. I didn’t.” He lied.

“Eh, but just now you said you do.”

He shrugged innocently. “Because you always told me about her.”

“Really? I don’t remember any.” She pouted.

 

“Yah, you two! Silence.” Dongwoo hissed, locking their lips from spilling anymore words.

 

 

He didn't know her, did he?
Day 16