Caught

29 Days Before

 

Yunshi waved her hands happily at Daehyun as the guy unlocked his apartment door and opened it to let her enter. Her smile was bright. Bright as always. “You’re late.” She pouted and simply went in, while Daehyun chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. “Are you hiding a girl in your apartment?”

 

He closed the door and spun around. Walking slowly towards his fiance, he gave her a warm back-hug. “I didn’t hide a girl. Instead, I hid a lot of girls.” His laughter bursted out. Yunshi rolled her eyes and smiled secretly.

“Really? That explained a lot.” She just went on with the mischievous conversation of them.

Daehyun tightened the hug. “No way I’ll be cheating on you. Kyunshi is going to kill me.”

“Whatever.” She pulled herself out from his embrace and sat on the soft couch. “Glad to see the untidy house finally had been cleaned.” She looked around, nodding in satisfaction as she didn’t spot any unpleasant rubbish or laundry on the floor. “Luckily you’re not going to get married to Unnie. She hates dirty guy.”

 

Listening the last sentence, made his expression changed, darkened. “Yes. I knew but Kyunshi has never been here before. So, she didn’t know my house condition. No worries.” He controlled his emotion very well that Yunshi seemed to miss his drastic change.

“Okay, Mr. Jung. You win. You always do.”

“Hey, can you wait for a few minutes. I haven’t bath. Yeah,” he said and smiled sheepishly. Yunshi looked at him in surprise. She then glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. All she could do was, shook her head, awful. “Can’t blame me girl because I haven’t marry.” In a trice, he ran to his room before Yunshi started to blabber.

 

She released a long sigh and began to wander around. There were a lot of pictures hanging proudly on the wall in the hallway. The pictures of Daehyun and his family. She kept looking till her eyes spotted a frame of picture at the end of the hallway. She tilted her head a bit and furrowed.

 

The photo had been torn as she could see only the half part. The other half may had been thrown or hid somewhere. She stared at it carefully and saw the date of the picture was snapped. 6th July 2010. Years ago.

 

As she tried to remember that date, her phone rang, making her jumped in shockness. She picked it up without seeing the caller on the first hand. “Yoboseyo?” She was startled when the person on the other line spoke. “S-Sunggyu. Hahaha.” And there she was, being dumb again whenever it came to Sunggyu. “Coffee? Oh, sure! Where do you plan to have a cup coffee?” She became excited for no reason. “I’ll see you there.”

 

Disconnected.

 

She bit her bottom lip and her eyes were wildly searched for a piece of paper. Probably wanted to leave a note for Daehyun that she had some urgent things to be done. Yeah, urgent much. She smiled widely as she read the neat handwritng of hers. ‘Daehyun, meet you later. Got something to do. Take care, Love you.’ And with that, she walked out of the apartment, delighted.

 

He gulped. His head started to spin around, distracting him so much. Slowly, he shook his head. Totally in fear and anger. “Who is the cheating one right now?” That was not a good sign.

 

--------

 

 

“Nice color, huh?” Sunggyu raised his brows playfully, letting the pretty young lady in front of him let out a soft chuckle. She nodded while eying the new paint applied on the wall of the boutique. “I love white. It’s pure and natural,” said Sunggyu who was seemed to be a little flew away in his memories. He shut his eyes and sighed.

 

Yunshi’s smile fading at the sight of his unreadable expression. “What’s wrong, Sunggyu?” She rose up from the couch and got him. He looked weak out of blue. Very weak and it gave a painful pang on her heart.

“Nothing,” he replied and quickly spun around, letting his back faced her. He was hiding his pain. Yes, he was. “Hey. Do you want me to make a gown for you?” He runaway from the main thing.

“Well, I don’t really like gown but since you’re the one who made it, then I’ll try to wear it.” She shrugged. “Giving a shot won’t hurt.” And that answer, enough to put a wide smile on his face.

 

Sunggyu went to the staff room and took his equipment. He wanted to measure her exactly body size so he wouldn’t make any mistake. He then went back to where Yunshi was waiting. All the items were placed on the table as he chose which of them he shall use.

 

“Come here.” Yunshi obeyed and stood in front of him. “Turn around.” She did and gave her back to Sunggyu.  “Do you want to add a button or a zip?” he measured her waist part. “You’re getting thinner, Yunshi.”

The words made her startled. “I am? But, I think I ate a lot.”

He sniffed. “Your imagination went wild and deceived you when you were shot with so much thoughts.” That, was enough to snap her.

“Maybe, you’re right.” She sighed, inaudibly.

 

There was a long pause till he spilled his words.

 

“You know…” The measuring tape around Yunshi’s waist, loosened and fell. “I met her. I met her with my… my lovely daughter,” he continued. Yunshi’s forehead furrowed. “I begged her. I begged her, letting down my pride but she didn’t care. She walked, like I wasn’t even exist in this world.” Yunshi gulped and turned around to face him but Sunggyu wrapped his arms around her shoulder. “Don’t turn around. It’s embarrassing if you see me cry.”

 

Hearing attentively, that was the least thing she could do. She was prohibited to turn, then what did she expect she was going to do? He isn’t talking about his dark past, is he? She played the riddle in her head.

 

“Do you know your daughter?” Yunshi carefully spoke. Wrong words, it would hurt him more.

He nodded and she felt it. The hug became tighter. “I just know her. I just know…” Sunggyu immediately buried his face on her shoulder. He never felt this way. Where he felt very secure and warm.

 

Yunshi was about to talk when suddenly…

 

“This is it. This is all the things you’ve done behind my back. Right, Lee Yunshi?” The hoarse voice which sounded angry. Yunshi’s eyes widened as she saw him. Him, who was no other than… Jung Daehyun.

 

 

Sunggyu was seeing whom?
Day 19