Cruelty

29 Days Before

 

Eyes closed, but ears were listening. Yunshi could hear a noise. The sound sort of, games. Probably came from her cell phone. And the one who played it, no other was, except for her, Miyu. She giggled happily and sometime accidentally hit her aunt. On the other hand, Yunshi who slept soundly couldn’t help to feel a little distracted. She had awoke, but still refused to open her puffy eyes. Damn this life, she secretly cursed.

 

“Imo. Have you awaken?” The little girl asked. She was dying in that game, but her attention was fully on Yunshi. While Yunshi pretended not to hear and kept her eyes shut. Miyu sniffed. She went nearer and gave a warm peck on her cheek. “The Sun is already above your head. Wake up. I know you are conscious.” No respond. So, the naughty little girl decided to tickle her beloved aunt.

In a trice, Yunshi’s eyes shot opened. A few seconds later, the room was filled with their laughters. “Okay, okay! I’m awake. HAHAHAHA! Stop it, Miyu. It’s ticklish! Kim Miyu, stop it!” Her laughter kept bursting out.

Miyu smiled, happily. Way more sincere than she had ever did. “All right. I’ll stop it, Omma!”

 

And on that moment, the little girl realized, she had overshoot her words. In a blink of an eye, the room became silence. Like, nobody was in it.

 

Yunshi stared at her for a while. “What… What did you just say?” She was hoping, she heard it right.

“I-I didn’t say anything,” Miyu lied. Unfortunately, the aunt did not seem to believe. “I really didn’t say anything, Imo.”

The older gulped. “If you love me. Then, don’t lie.” That sentence trapped Miyu. She regretted it. Regretted for not watching and for not thinking carefully before doing some acts.

“I… I accidentally call you ‘Omma’. I didn’t mean to. I was imagining that-”

 

She couldn’t stand hearing the sunshine lived in a pool of lies. So, she embraced her. She wanted to stop her from kept lying. She knew, children were always the symbol of honesty. And when they lied, they were awfully in pain as they forced to do the thing they refused. Somehow, their words always lost over the adults. They had never been given a chance to speak. Never once.

 

“Stop. Don’t ever lie to me, sweetie. And don’t call me Imo. I hate hearing it.” She sobbed, making her already swollen eyes, worse. “I remember you. I remember my love. You are not that woman’s daughter. You are my daughter. You are mine.”

 

Miyu’s eyes widened. For so long. For so long, she was abused to never called Yunshi as her mother. For so long, she was separated without being able to cry because her so-call-mother forbade her to even let a single tear came out. And for so long, the little girl hoped, her lost memories mother, gained everything back and came to her. Rescued her. Hugged her. It was for so long time. That time, now, finally it happened.

 

“Omma!” She hugged her mother, tightly. It looked like they hadn’t meet for decades when actually, they did it everyday. “I thought, you would never recognize your daughter anymore, Omma.” The tears she held for hundred days, now, spilled from her pair of innocent eyes. How torturing the little girl’s life was.

She shook. “No. I’ll never forget my love.”

Miyu broke the hug and gazed her mother. “Then, do you remember Appa?” She was hoping, Yunshi did. She wanted their family to reunite. That was what she always prayed to God.

 

Not so lucky. Everything went slowly. Same goes to Yunshi. “I haven’t done gaining my memories, fully. Later. Just don’t tell me who is your Appa because I am not ready to know him. Let everything come back on the perfect time. But right now, pretend that we do not know about this. Okay?”

“But why?”

 

The expression of Yunshi’s face, darkened. “Your pain, I shall repay them. And our pain, I shall let them feel. I should.”

 

- - - - - - - -

 

 

 

“Thank you. Please come again,” Sunggyu said, forcing a smile. The obviously bitter one. Since yesterday, he blamed himself. Blamed himself for the disgrace he made towards Yunshi. He knew that she was going to get married. Yet, how dared he felt a forbidden feeling on her. He was drowned in aweful.

Hyera sighed, seeing how sour his face. Her worker. “Gyu, you may leave. Take a rest and go home. Your mission for Yunshi had done, isn’t? Then, you may leave.”

He became confused. “Noona.” He his dry lips. “You still need some hands to help you.”

The older smiled. How she admired this guy. How she really did when he could keep on his life, strongly. Hyera was about to reply Sunggyu when her eyes caught a customer coming. But as that customer walked nearer, reaching the door, she knew, something worse would happen. “Sunggyu. It’s her.”

 

He spun around and… stunned. “Kyunshi.”

Kyunshi pushed the glass door and her eyes met Sunggyu’s. “Glad you’re here. I just want to make it clear. Do not ever meet Miyu. You’ve ruined my sister’s relationship enough. Stop being someone’s dark past again and again. It’s disgusting.” The words were sharp. Like a sword. With those spiteful talk, she left the boutique. Left Sunggyu in agony.

 

“No, wait!” He grasped her arm, stopping her. “Don’t do this to me. Please. Please, Kyunshi. I never meant to disturb Yunshi’s relationship. Help me, Kyunshi. Just once and I’ll never question anything.” His eyes began to watery. “You know about my past. I can’t wait anymore. Miyu is my daughter, I know. That is all I remembered. And I come to realize, you are not my wife. Again, I beg you. Tell me. Tell me, who is my wife?”

 

Kyunshi lost her words. Her lies. Her lies, making him believed that she was his wife. Unfortunately, the truth shall be revealed soon. Her ten fingers curled into a fist.

“For the rest of your life, you have no right to know your past, Kim Sunggyu.”

 

 

 

Kyunshi was torturing him too much, right?
Day 20

_______________________________________________________________________________

 
Tension much. I could feel it while writing.
kekekeke. So, how'd you feel about it?
Leave a comment okay? :D
Hope you enjoy and get ready for the next secret to be revealed! ^^