Marry Me

29 Days Before

 

Holding her white gown, she ran, beautifully and as fast as her legs could make it. Eyes were stuck on her, staring at the gorgeous run away bride, but she didn’t bother them. Her mind was only thinking about the two persons she loved. That two persons, she decided to leave, when actually the decision was not right. Absolutely wrong. Now, forgot about revenge because this world would work with love, not hatred.

 

Love came first.

And Yunshi made the right choice now.

 

 

730 Days Before

 

“Wait.” Yunshi tilted her head, tapping her chin. “I think, you’ve forgotten something,” she continued while narrowing her big eyes toward her husband. Meanwhile the dumbfounded Sunggyu, blinked his eyes innocently and rubbed the back of his neck.

 

He simply smiled sheepishly. “Apology, sweetie. Mind to tell me what is it?” Sunggyu talked sweetly, buying her heart.

“Your lunchbox.” Miyu spontaneously added and giggled.

Yunshi frowned. “Why did you remind him, baby? I want his chicken brain to remember himself. Why did you ever-”

“Stop nagging me!” The little girl covered her ears with the teddy bear of hers and hid behind of the daddy. “Appa, protect me. The hulk is going to burst in anger!” She laughed, softly. The mother blew her bang and stomped her foot toward the kitchen, like a little girl sulking.

 

Sunggyu just stared at his childish wife and shook his head. He wondered how that immature Yunshi could make him fall head over heels with just the way she blinked her eyes as she was gazing him. He smiled, mentally note how lucky he was to have her and spent the rest of his life with her.

 

A few minutes then, she came back from the kitchen with a colorful lunchbox in her hands. She giggled and placed it on the table. She then took a paper bag and put the lunchbox, inside it, carefully. “Done!” she clapped for herself and brought the brown paper bag to her husband. “Here. Make sure to finish it. I made it with all my heart.” She pouted and handed it to Sunggyu.

He gladly took it and pushed the string of her hair to the back of her pinna. “Have I ever brought back this lunchbox with even a bit leftover of food in it?” he asked, raising hiw brows.

“Nope.” She shyly smiled. “That’s why I love you so much.” She grinned and slipped both of her hands at his waist, embracing him. “Come home early, okay? And don’t fall for any beautiful customer in the boutique.” She reminded him and buried her face on his chest. Sunggyu’s scent melted Yunshi in any ways.

He lowered his face and pecked Yunshi’s strawberry-smell-hair. “Never. Kill me if I did.” He laughed.

 

“Omma, Appa! Stop it.” Miyu shouted, letting both of them startled. The little girl had been used to her parents’ romantic dramas and sweet scenes. But only sometime, she felt jealous when they totally forgot she was there, eying everything they did. Before their actions went further, it was the best decision to stop them. “I’m underage.” She rolled her eyes, reminding them.

They laughed. “Look at you.” Sunggyu walked toward his lovely daughter and ruffled her hair. He then gave a peck on her forehead. “The way you talk, how you rolled your eyes. And even your face. Everything is like Lee Yunshi.” He scrunched his nose.

“Out of topic, Appa,” Miyu said and pinched his nose, playfully.

 

Yunshi glanced at the clock and pouted. “I wish you will stay longer with us.” She simply spoke, making the man turned to her. “You’ll be late if you don’t go now.” She simply shrugged.

“Okay. Then, wait for me. Cook something special.” Sunggyu smiled and playfully winked ay Yunshi.

 

- - - - - - -

 

 

“No, please.” Kyunshi rubbed her temple, totally frustrated. “We are one of the top companies and we have our own policy. We will never tolerate any piece that is probably have been plagiarized.” She explained to the other high-position people in the meeting, without leaving a little detail.

 

Mr. Lee, the head of YSH, a big company which had succeeded in publishing reading materials, creative writing, producing blockbuster movies and so much more, nodded slowly. He agreed with his daugher’s explanation. Their reputation was always the best and their works’ quality never left people in disappointment. The books and novels from their company were beautifully written by the best out of the best authors in Korea. They did not simply accept writers who were chasing for fame, instead, who were full of passion.

 

“But Ms. Lee, the work is a masterpiece. She is one of the best authors and she could make a lot of money and-”

Kyunshi quickly voiced out, “This is about quality, not quantity.” She narrowed her eyes. “I thought you know that we care so much for the quality?” She sounded cynic, making the man who hair was already changing to white, just like her father, bit his bottom lip. He lowered his head as everybody started to judge him. His fault.

The father smiled. “Our meeting will end here and we are going to bring this plagiarizing matter back, once Ms. Lee settled up with this issue,” he said, glancing at his daughter, probably proud of Kyunshi. That wonderful gift from The God, never once failed to amaze him with every single thing she did.

 

Since she was young, she had became an angel in his eyes. Lee Kyunshi had everything a father wanted his daughter to have. Beauty, intelligence, manner. What else? Just pointed them. She would have it.

 

As the people began to dismiss, Kyunshi was still sitting on her seat, calming her miserable mind. Soon, only the two of them were in the big room. “This is too much! Mr. Choi didn’t even bother about Author Jung, till this thing happened.” Her forehead furrowed. “Appa,” she called. Her gaze was sharp, like a sword. “Mr. Choi should be fired. Editor. That is his job, checking thoroughly the authors’ works. But right now, he is just eating your money blindly.”

“You are right. I’ll let you handle everything.” He stared her, deeply, trusting the young woman.

“But… But, this isn’t my job.” She blinked.

Mr. Lee sighed. “You are my everything. You are the best. I know I can depend everything on you.” He rose up from his seat and walked toward his daughter. “Soon, YSH is going to be yours. You can’t make any mistake then.” He patted her shoulder.

 

Kyunshi shut her eyes for a few seconds. This is too much, she shouted in her head. “Yes, Appa.” She forced a smile.

 

The old man then, headed out from the room, leaving Kyunshi alone in it. Eyes were still closed, she could feel a warm liquid was flowing down from the corner of her right eyes.

And she cried. And she sobbed. And she let everything out.

 

It was too hard when her own father assumed her as a perfect daughter who must give the best result in every matter. It was too hard to even breathe freely when air was everywhere around her. All the burden had been threw on her shoulder, although she received a lot of praises. Sometime, she wished to be like her little sister who wasn’t a genius and intelligent, but the younger was happy. Yunshi was delighted with her little family, though she was still young. While Kyunshi was sorrow all the time, though she was mixing will all the high-class people.

 

In the middle of crying her eyes out, her phone rang, startling her.

Snatching it in her handbag, she simply answered. “Lee Kyunshi’s here. May I help you?” She greeted formally. Her face lit up as Yunshi’s voice hit her eardrum. “Oh, yes baby?” She cleared , silently. “No, I’m not crying.” She lied, as the little sister was guessing her condition. “La Vincce Café? Lunch? All right, baby.” She hung up, feeling lighter a little.

 

Maybe, her happiness wasn’t all about the amount of praises she had. Instead, her own beloved sister and the moment they spent together.

 

- - - - - - -

 

 

Yunshi embraced her sister’s shoulder, giving her some strengths. “You are the best, Unnie. Whatever you did is always acceptable, in my opinion.” She smiled.

Kyunshi forced a small smile and nodded a bit. Although Yunshi was younger, she seemed to understand her more than their parents. “By the way, baby. Where is my niece?” she asked, changing the topic as she had felt better than just now.

“School, of course.” She pouted and took a sip of her coffee. But then, she remembered something. “Oh, yes!” She beamed and snatched a paper bag which she put under the table. She took out a beautiful blue gown and shoved it to Kyunshi. “For you, Unnie. You love gown so much.”

 

The older was startled. “Another… one? From Sunggyu?” She took it from her little sister, with hesitance attacking her. Her heart fluttered out of blue, thinking of her brother-in-law. This feeling, she constantly felt when she was around Daehyun. Somehow, that feeling lingered around her when she was with two men which was absolutely not right. Not good. Wrong.

“Yes, Unnie!” Yunshi chuckled. “I think, I need to go now. I haven’t cook for lunch and Miyu certainly will be hungry as she comes back from school.” Yunshi winked. “Is this my treat?”

 

Kyunshi was still in daze, staring at the blue gown.

 

“Unnie?” The younger slowly patted her shoulder.

“Oh.” She was lost. “Oh, Yunshi.” She was dumbfounded. “It’s okay. I’ll pay everything.” She was hiding her happiness.

Yunshi blinked but then, smiled widely. “All right, Unnie. Have a great day,” she said and began to leave the café.

 

- - - - - -

 

If only, I told everything to Unnie, this would never happened. Yunshi wiped her tears and kept running.

 

- - - - - -

 

The sunrays fell on her, entered her eyes and awoke her. She grumbled slowly and rolled her body to the left side where she crashed with the man she loved. Yunshi opened her eyes a little and Sunggyu was still snoring, deep in his slumber. She smiled. She nudged toward him and buried her face on his chest.

 

She was about to sail away in her dreamland back when she heard Sunggyu mumbled some words, unconsciously. They weren’t clear, but soon, she could hear them.

“Yunshi. Lee Yunshi. Kim Miyu. Lee Yunshi.”

 

Every night, she wondered if she always appeared in Sunggyu’s dream because he kept mentioning her name, every day. Every time. That was how she realized, she loved him so much. Just like how he loved her.

 

- - - - - - -

 

 

The elevator door was closing and Yunshi’s eyes widened. “Wait!” The people in it were surprised and quickly pressed the button, leaving the door opened. She entered it and shut her eyes. Her lips trembled and her breathing  was uneven. She gasped for some air, while the people in the small moving aluminium box were gazing her.

 

“A runaway bride. How awful.” One of them said, and she could hear it.

 

Yunshi spun around and eyed the unknown person who spilled those hurtful sentences. Among the six people she was staring right now, she failed to figure out the owner of the voice as they looked at her without blinking. She was beautiful. That was it.

“Whoever said that I am a runaway bride, you are wrong.” She shook her head. “I’ve already married and I’m going to marry another man who I don’t love, when my husband and my daughter are waiting for me. Please. Don’t judge book by its cover. You are being silly.”

 

The elevator door opened and fotunately, it was the floor she had been waiting for.

Without wasting any precious moment, she stepped out and straightly headed toward Sunggyu’s apartment.

 

Meanwhile, Sunggyu, who was persuading his little daughter, let out a long and heavy sigh. Miyu had fallen asleep, with stain of tears on her cheeks. A prove of the painful feeling inside her heart.

He caressed Miyu’s forehead, tenderly. He looked at the clock and smiled bitterly. “Happy newly-” his word becalmed as a loud bang came from his house door, making him jumped in his seat. “What the hell?” His heart boiled and he stormed to the entrance of his apartment, unlocked the door and opened it widely.

 

His eyes were fixed on her, with his tongue froze.

“Y-Yunshi...”

 

Yunshi sobbed. “I miss to make a lunchbox for you. I miss to fetch Miyu from her school. I miss to joke around with you and Miyu. I miss your sweet words. I miss to see Kyunshi Unnie and Daehyun Oppa fight with each other and we calm them down. I miss to hear you call me in your sleep.” Her tears ruined her little make-up, but she was beautiful just the way she was.

Sunggyu was stunned to hear her confessions. He went nearer and swept away her tears with his thumbs. “What else did you miss? Tell me.” Their gazes were locked at each other.

“And I miss you. I miss you so much.”

He smiled and pulled her in his warm embrace. “I miss you too and I’m dying because of it.”

 

The time stopped. The love began. No. The love continued from where it stopped.

 

Yunshi never let the embrace ended. “Sunggyu.”

“Yes, Yunshi?” He rested his chin on her head, replying softly.

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

 

                                            THE END       

Finally, it finished. Oh my. This is the only story that I took so long to finish it. T-T
Fo my dearest patience readers, thank you so much for reading this lame story. I love you guys!
You guys are always the best. Thank you very much for commenting, subscribing and reading. Thank you.
Without you guys, this story will be a story with no readers. Lol XD me and my cheesy words.
Again, thank you very much.