Please Remember

29 Days Before

 

Sunggyu walked freely at the park, breathing in the fresh air. This world was too cruel for him. Sometime, he was scared of people more than the God. He knew he shouldn’t be afraid of people, but this life became harder and people tend to be more heartless.

 He took a seat on one of the benches provided. Exactly, the bench he used to sit with Yunshi for the past few days. He shut his eyes, calming himself and began to force his innocent brain, remembering the past.

 

Soon, it became a pain. Hurtful.

 

“No.” He hid his face with his palm, enduring the tears from falling down.

“Sunggyu.” An angelic voice called him, made him startled. That voice, it somehow filled in his empty soul. That voice, it felt like he missed it so much.

 

Slowly, he uncovered his face, revealing his miserable expression. And the owner of the voice was Lee Yunshi, who sister forbade him to meet her. Their eyes were locked on each other, until Sunggyu blinked and runaway from her endless gaze. The dry lips of his, he them. Probably, nervous.

Yunshi smiled and sat beside him. “What are you doing here? Looking exhausted like ever. Like, something bothering you.” Her lips trembled, but she quickly turned away. Her jaw clenched, holding the warm liquid from flowing out of the eyes.

For some reasons, her heart ached. How did it feel to talk to a man who was hers, without showing any affection? How did it feel to stare at a man who once loved her, without the urge of wanting to give him a hug?

He shook softly. “It is nothing,” he said and gave a quick glance at her. “I’m just walking around. Noona gave me a few days of holiday. I don’t think I should get any holidays because there is really nothing to do.” He chuckled.

 

Yunshi let out inaudible sigh and stared at the children in the playground. How she missed to see Miyu ran toward her father and hugged him. How the little girl shouted ‘Omma’ and giggled playfully with her Appa, hiding some secrets between them. How wonderful that moment was.

She got it. She got everything back. But one thing kept hunting her days and nights. She was afraid. She was very afraid of this one thought. The one thought of Sunggyu would never got what he should. She was scared to face of that one thing.

 

“Hey.” Sunggyu turned his head to his left side as Yunshi spoke. “Do you want to go on a date with me?” He became numb and Kyunshi’s words echoing in his mind. Receiving a silent respond, Yunshi grinned. “Don’t worry. This is just a date between a designer and his customer. Between a friend.” She explained and his tense expression, softened. As how she guessed, he accepted. Gladly nodding his head, like he used to be.

 

Smiling widely, Sunggyu could feel the burden had gotten lighter. Slightly. “So. Where are we going?”

 

- - - - - - - - - -

 

 

His lips curved, forming a delighted smile as the little girl hugged him. He returned the embrace, tightly. This wonderful feeling. How cruel the world was to let him forgot about it. He looked up and his eyes met Yunshi’s. “I never thought you would bring your niece together.” He broke the hug and stared at his daughter. He knew it. The only thing he lost was, his wife. Who was his wife, he forgot.

Yunshi sniffed. “Miyu likes you so much. So, bringing her together is something great.” She winked at her daughter. Miyu giggled cutely and pouted. They had promised not to mention anything to Sunggyu. About his past. About their pasts. The mother wanted the father to remember it, naturally.

 

“Now. Where are we going?” Sunggyu asked, merrily. The happiness in him was radiating through his eyes. Yunshi could see it, clearly.

“Ask this little sunshine,” Yunshi replied and shrugged freely.

Miyu held her chin, thinking of the best place to go. The place that might return the wrongs to the rights. She smiled, as an idea crossed her mind. “There!” She proudly pointed at the beautiful lake, the preferable spot of couples. Yunshi blinked, and so Sunggyu. “I’ll be the captain, and both of you are my slaves.”

She scoffed. “Slave? You are the one who suppose to be my slave because you’re freaking small and you do not know how to drive back home!” She grinned evilly.

 

For a while, Sunggyu became startled. This moment. It seemed like, it had happened before. These two beautiful creatures were fighting over the small matters. The mother and the daughter. But Miyu is Yunshi’s niece, he put aside his ridiculous thoughts. Somehow, he just assumed it as his imaginations.

“Yunshi, we should listen to our captain.” And finally, he made the decision to be on Miyu’s side, just as how as he used to do back then. Yunshi rolled her eyes, completely felt irritated. This thing, she never planned. It happened naturally.

 

With a heavy heart, she forced herself to follow those two people who had walked away, leaving her alone. For a moment, the feeling of delighted urged deep inside her heart as she saw them walking, holding hands like a family. Yunshi wondered, would the three of them gathered back?

“Imo! Do you want to be left alone?” Miyu’s loud voice hit her pinna and she was snapped from her emotionally self. She nodded eagerly and stepped with careful into the boat. Unfortunately, the balance of herself simply lost and she became unstable.

Sunggyu, as the hero, quickly grabbed her waist and pulled her toward him. “Focus, Lee Yunshi.” He whispered, softly that it melted her heart. She gulped and gave a little nod. Sunggyu then, released her from his arms and all of them were safely on the boat. They preferred to paddle it by themselves.

 

“Okay. Sit carefully, princesses. Our boat is going to sail!” said Sunggyu and began to paddle the boat. Yunshi and Miyu clapped their hands, cheering for Sunggyu. “Both of you are kinda-”

“Do not say that word!” The both females spoke all at once, startling Sunggyu. He blinked, innocently.

“Wow. All right. I won’t.”

 

He just paddled tenderly and gazed around. The view of the lake was breathtaking. The panorama was beyond of human’s imagination. It was made by Him, The God. The fresh air could make a miserable mind turned calm in a blink of an eye. Yunshi was too immersed with the surrounding that she didn’t realize her lovely daughter took that opprtunity to talk over some secrets with Sunggyu.

 

“Appa,” she said, slowly, half-whispering. “Do you remember this place?” she asked, putting a risky high hopes.

The older man’s forehead furrowed and soon, he shook. No, he didn’t remember. “Sorry, dear. I hope I do remember your mother. It takes some times. I will try my best.” He hung his head low, full of regret. How could he remembered his daughter but not his wife?

Miyu pulled the end of his short-sleeves shirt and nearer his right ear to her. “Please remember her as soon as possible, Appa. She is going-” Miyu’s words becalmed when suddenly, Yunshi shrieked.

“Look! Look over there! I saw a mermaid.” She smiled widely. “Miyu! Look. It is a mermaid.” She spun around and stared at her daughter. That was the moment when she noticed, the both of them weren’t amuse about the mermaid who actually a human in costume. “Okay. I’ll be quiet.”

 

Lee Yunshi. She never failed to make Kim Sunggyu’s heart fluttered.

 

- - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

“Can I have a bite of your cheese burger, Imo?” Miyu pleaded and Yunshi just couldn’t say ‘no’.

“All right, all right. Stop staring at me like that. Here,” she replied and gave her half-eaten burger to the little whining girl. She giggled happily and dig in the food, hugrily.

 

Sunggyu eyed the park where they decided to have a little picnic. He softened as he saw a couple with their twins were chasing each other. The anxiousness never sparkled from their faces, instead, they were full of happiness.

 

“Hey, Miyu. Do you want to play hide-and-clap?” Sunggyu suggested as he figure out the love had finished her food. Correction, Yunshi’s food.

Eager nod was given and she stood up as fast as lightning, “Yes, yes! Imo, let’s play together. Let's go there. It is less crowded than here.”

They just obeyed her. Miyu ordered Sunggyu to count and seek, while she and Yunshi went hiding. Being an adult, he tolerated and Yunshi helped to tied a handkerchief, covering his eyes. “No cheating, Kim Sunggyu.”

He smirked. “I will never cheat.”

“Imo, Oppa,” Miyu called, grabbing their attentions. “They want to join us.” There were five children who stood around Miyu, with bright smiles on their faces. Yunshi raised her brows playfully and gladly accepted them to play together.

 

With that, the game began.

 

“… 8… 9… 10! I will begin to seek.” He announced and walked in the dark. Blindly. His hands wildly travelling in the air and his steps became slower. “Okay, first clap please.” He stopped and let his ears worked, magically.

Yunshi, who was hiding behind the tree, covered and laughed silently. She clapped and then, the rest did the same, right after she did it.

Sunggyu walked toward the nearest sound produced. But then, he lost the track. “Second clap!” And everybody clapped. Wait, someone is standing in front of me, he mentally smirked.

 

If just now, Yunshi was so amused, seeing Sunggyu being blind, right now she had nowhere to go, to runaway, because she had told Sunggyu not to cheat. So, herself must be honest too. Serve you right, Lee Yunshi. She cursed in her head.

“Third clap.” He could sense that he was going to catch his victim.

 

No, Yunshi pouted and weakly clapped.

“Gotcha!” Sunggyu smiled and threw his arms, giving a big hug to his victim. “Wait. Let me guess who are you.” He let off her torso and both of his palms were cupping her jaw.

 

His thumbs brushed her brows and his lips curled into a beautiful smile. On the other hand, her eyes were locked on his perfect feature. What should she felt right now? His touch then fell on her eyes. “These big and adorable eyes,” he said and went to her nose. He pinched it and Yunshi tried very hard to prevent herself from whining. Lastly, his thumbs went down to her lips, after caressing her fluffy cheeks. The softness, he could bet his guessing would be absolutely right.

 

“I know who are you.” Sunggyu started to untie the handkerchief, but Yunshi stopped him.

“Don’t,” she said. “Even if you open it, you would always know me. But you never remember me.” Yunshi held his shoulder and grabbed them tightly. “This is for you. For you to remember. And not only to know.”

 

In blindness, Sunggyu was added with confusion.

 

She tiptoed and let her lips planted a tender kiss on his. Remember me, honey. Please remember. She deepened the kiss and was a bit surprise when he responded. She felt a pair of arms, wrapping around her waist. This heavenly feeling. How could one forgot it?

Seconds past, the passionate kiss came to the end, although they refused to. Sunggyu opened the blindfold and stared at Yunshi with unreadable expression. His eyes were shooting her a lot of questions. But at last, only one hurtful sentence been spoken out,

 

“What was that for?” His face hardened. “Are you fooling around with me, playing with my feeling?”

Yunshi lost her words at the sudden attack. “That was not-”

 

“Enough!” he shouted on her face, and Yunshi was taken aback. “You are going to marry, yet you… you gave me the thing I shouldn’t have.” His voice flattening, in disappointment. “You just let me have a false hope. This is why, humans are fearful.”

She shook. And soon, it became eager. “No. No! It isn’t true. Let me explain to you.” Yunshi went nearer and grasped his hand. In a trice, Sunggyu deflected her hand, harshly, making her shocked. “Sunggyu…”

A painful tear slipped out from his innocent eyes. “Don’t come near. Don’t. You are making everything became harder. Let’s not meet again. Let's never see each other.” His jaw clenched, as long as his ten fingers, before he spun around and ran.

 

Like a lost guy broken.

 

 

 

Oh, Sunggyu...
Day 24
 

_______________________________________________________________________________

 
WOW. So long time I left this story. I am very sorry, dearest reader.
kekekeke. So, how'd you feel about  the new chappie?
Leave a comment okay? :D
Btw, I am too busy with school. Yeah. T-T. Plus, it is the end of the year.
But now, everything is settled! ^^
Hope you enjoy and thank you for waiting patiently. You guys are the best! ^^