Revealed

29 Days Before

 

Kyunshi went back home, feeling outrage. How could he remembered the forgotten memories? She had covered the secrets perfectly. Flawless. Still, he tend to reveal them. The doctor’s words were playing in her mind.

 

“My sister and Sunggyu, both lost their memories. The doctor said, the injury was serious as both heads were knocked, mercilessly. They need someone’s to keep reminding them about their pasts. If not, then the memories would never existed.” She repeated the exactly things the doctor told them. “Nobody reminded Sunggyu about his past. Yunshi is under-control.”

“What is under-control?”

 

Kyunshi froze. In a slow motion, she spun around and her heart pounded hardly. She was hoping her eyes did deceive her. But when she blinked, even harder and shook her head a bit, Yunshi was standing still. It wasn’t her imagination at all. The older gulped in fear.

 

First, forced a smile. “W-What are you doing here, Yunshi?” Stuttering. She couldn’t help it.

Seeing the guilty was frightened, it amused her. Totally an amusing show. “I sent my dearest niece. She’s sleeping in her room,” Yunshi answered and shrugged, playing innocent. She knew, her sister just dodged away from her previous question. “Unnie. I want to apologize for suspecting nonsense on you.” Game began.

It startled Kyunshi, but when it came to Yunshi, the sister would soften and forgave her, immediately. “You’re stress. I understand you.”

 

“Yeah. You sure understand me well because maybe you’ve faced it before, right? I’m glad I have a sister like you.” In the mean time, Kyunshi’s face had a drastic changed. She started to get nervous with the presence of her own little sister. “You know something, Unnie. I bring a good movie to watch together. Do you have some times to kill with me?” She paused and gazed her sister. “Hmm, unnie?”

Kyunshi blinked. “Oh, really? Sure, since Miyu is sleeping. What is it about?”

“About a sibling of two. Brothers they are. The younger had married with a very kind lady and unfortunately, her kindness was misunderstood by the older brother.” She breathed in. “The older fell for her and seduced her. One day, they were caught by the husband and the parent-in-law knew. The parent of the husband forced him to divorce his wife, but it was too hard.” Her eyes, it was sending thousand meanings. “The older brother was irresponsible for his act. Well, let’s just said, he was the antogonist. The evil one. And he accused the sister-in-law seduced him. But being dumb enough, the husband believed it.” She took the DVD in her handbag and handed it to the shivering Kyunshi.

 

“It… It is a nice story. But, I-I think I can’t watch it today. A light-headache suddently attacks,” she said, dryly while massaging her temple. Obviously, an excuse.

“One more thing, Unnie,” Yunshi said, cheerfully. “Would you give me some tips to be a good wife? I want to make Daehyun happy. Perhaps, the happiest man on the Earth.” She smiled. A smile that secretly mocking the older.

 

She had dug her past, successfully. Through her best friend, Dasom. The girl told her everything.

 

 

 

Three hours ago

 

“It’s very difficult to meet my own best friend,” Yunshi joked but Dasom didn’t seem to get it as a joke.

“You do… remember me?”

Yunshi nodded. “I just did. I’m sorry for not keeping you in my memories as strong as it supposed to be.” She apologized with her head hung low.

The other sniffed and shook her head. “No way. I’m so grateful you can recognize me. Hey, wait. Do you know that you have a-”

“Daughter. I know. A very lovely daughter.” She cut off.

 

Dasom bit her lips. “You don’t know how happy I am right now. For the whole year, I feel guilty for running away. Kyunshi Unnie told me not to interfer with their family affair. So, I backed off. But now, I’m in ease because you’ve found what you lost. But, I am unsure whether Sunggyu has recover or not.”

Yunshi’s forehead furrowed. “Sunggyu? The wedding designer? How’d you know him?”

She sighed. “You haven’t fully gain everything back. He is not only a designer. He is your husband. I don’t care if Kyunshi and your parent will kill me after this. But you. You have the right to know this. You really do.”

“H-He is my husband? Are you sure because I still remember when he said his wife’s face was similar to me. He said, he cheated on her. And and… he told me, there was one day he met her with their daughter. I don’t think he was referring those to me.” But then, she realized that some of the details she spoke were related to her. “Was he?”

 

“Maybe Kyunshi Unnie did some manipulations and Sunggyu was deceived. Before I open up the whole story, how much memories you’ve gained?” Dasom sounded serious.

She nodded, brace up herself. “I knew that I am a married woman. I know about my daughter existence. I know how I lost my memories. I know that Unnie and Daehyun are a lover. And I know, we have divorced.”

“So you don’t know who’s your husband’s affair? You don’t know why your wedding is in such a rush mode? Don’t you ever thought, why didn’t Sunggyu stop you from marrying Daehyun?”

 

As how she had imagined, Yunshi shook. She looked miserable and curious.

 

“Listen carefully.” Dasom breathed in deeply before revealing the history. “You, Lee Yunshi, was married to Kim Sunggyu. Your parent blessed you. Both of you lived happily in Japan because Sunggyu worked there. That explained your daughter's name, Miyu. It was a Japanese name.” They smiled.

“Then?”

 

Sighed. “One day, you decided to go back to Korea. Sunggyu, a very lovely husband he was, he always made gowns for you. It was just, you hated gown. What did you do?” Dasom asked Yunshi, but the young lady shrugged. “You gave it to Kyunshi Unnie. When she asked you who made it, being an honest little sister you were, you answered, Sunggyu. However, you never explained to her that they were yours but you refused to wear them. And the outcome, Kyunshi Unnie began to create a one-side love. She thought, Sunggyu fell for her secretly and was very shy to admit.”

Dasom continued, “So, she cheated. She cheated on Daehyun. She seduced your husband but Sunggyu, he loved you. He tried to become as polite as he could towards his sister-in-law. But you found out. You found out that they were together. You didn’t believe it and your parent urged you for a divorcement. You pushed it aside, but not until a very unfortunate day, you saw them together in a suspicious condition, in your house.”

 

Slowly, Yunshi tried to relate her dream and the story. Maybe, she could guess what was going to happen next. “I went emotional and brought Miyu with me. That was how we ended up involved in an accident.”

 

Shutting her eyes, Dasom was holding her tears. “Yes. That’s it. Along your six days unconsciousness, Kyunshi Unnie had planned everything. She even made story that Sunggyu seduced her when actually he was innocent from the beginning. Your parent believed in her too much. Somehow, she felt worse for your condition and she wanted you to forget the dark past. The dark past that she created. She offered herself as Miyu’s mother and forced Daehyun to pretend to be your fiance.”

 

“It doesn’t end there, right, Dasom? What about Sunggyu? Why didn’t he do something?”

“Because, to erase someone’s past was not as easy as we thought. Daehyun was very angry because Sunggyu seduced Kyunshi. So, Daehyun drove his car and hit Sunggyu, purposely, just right after he signed the divorcement paper. He lost his memories too. Just like you.”

 

Lips opened apart. This was ridiculous. Another tears slipped down on her cheek. How painful their love story was. The two persons who used to be so in love, on this moment, was struggling to remember the things they used to feel. That similar feeling. That affection. It lost. And the reason was, her perfect sister.

 

Although Yunshi never wanted to put all blames on Kyunshi, she couldn’t help herself to point her finger proudly at her, more and more. She simply let the hatred grew inside her.

 

End

 

 

 

“I’ll be coming again, tomorrow and let’s talk about being a good wife. I’m going to be Daehyun’s bride soon.” She smiled and waved her hand. “Take care of yourself, Unnie. You look pale. Well, I’m going.” She disappeared in a blink of an eye.

 

Kyunshi became speechless. She wasn’t sure, the movie Yunshi recommended to her was a big coincidence or her sister had got what she should get. Though, she was very sure of this one thing.

 

She was in pain. Her heart shattered into pieces.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

The secret had been revealed. If any of my readers guessed correctly,
CONGRATULATION. So, how is it? Any riddle that sill hasn't been answered?
Or maybe, not clear enough?
Leave a comment okay? Tell me your opinion. :D
Hope you enjoy and continue reading till the end! ^^