Day 29

29 Days Before

 

 

Myungsoo placed the hot chocolate on the side table of the couch and took a seat beside his gloomy brother. He cleared his throat, purposely. “What’s wrong with you, Hyung?” He was concerned.

 

Sunggyu remained silent. Once in a while, he would glace at the clock. In lesser than three hours, his wife was going to marry other guy, when he was still alived and loved her so much. They loved each other.

Receiving the air as the answer, he gave up. He had asked the same question for about thousand times and he wondered, why wouldn’t the older gotten sick of it and just answered him? Maybe, Myungsoo could help to find the solution of Sunggyu’s problem, but that thick head older brother wouldn’t open up.

 

He rose up from the couch, straight-away walked to his room. He wanted to lock himself for several hours and came out only for dinner. The gloomy atmosphere, Myungsoo simply hated it.

While Sunggyu, he kept staring at the wall in front of him, being dumb. His mind went blank. His heart had broke. What else the part of his body wasn’t hurt at this moment? Everything felt useless. He let out a long and heavy sigh. That was when, the doorbell rang, snapping him. His forehead furrowed, in distraction. He rolled his eyes and groaned in annoyance. Who would come at this freaking 9 A.M.?

 

The door flung opened.

 

“Miyu…” Sunggyu’s eyes widened.

“Appa!” A little girl shrieked and embraced the father. Numb.

Slowly, he knelt down and gazed at his daughter for a while. He then hugged her tightly as he missed her so much. “I miss you very much that I could die.” He nearly cried, but he held it because there was another unwanted presence, watching them. The uninvited and disgusting guest.

 

Kyunshi, on the other hand, watched the father and daughter who had been separated with each other, reunited. She felt a little pang in her heart that she admitted, her eyes went watery.

 

“Sunggyu,” she called.

The weak man released his daughter and stood up, straightened his body. His eyes, it was full of disappointment, instead of hatred. Unlike his wife who lingered with so much hatred and grudge. “Yes, Noona?”

She was startled that her heart raced faster than before. “Y-You remember me?” she stuttered.

“I do.” He lowered his head, respecting the older. “If you want to apologize, forget about it.”

 

The sentence snapped Kyunshi. She could feel the pain in every word he spoke. “Yunshi is going to get married. I hope, you will not ruin it. Build a new life and forget her as how she forgets you.” The older spilled.

Sunggyu knew, Kyunshi missed the fact that both of them had remembered each other. “I am not the type of person who will ruin other’s life. If I did something wrong, I’ll fix it.” The spoken words purposely shot on her nose.

She bit her bottom lip, hard. “I think, that’s it. I’m going now.” She bowed a bit and immediately left.

 

Sunggyu kept his gaze low, staring the dusty grey floor. He sniffed, thinking of how Kyunshi was able to walk away like nothing happened. Did she love Yunshi so much, that she abandoned other’s feeling, as long as that person wasn’t her sister? Did she? If that so, she was totally someone who probably classified as selfish.

 

Miyu pulled the end of his shirt. “Appa.” Her voice cracked. Sunggyu looked down and ruffled her hair. What a poor child. “Omma is marrying him. Won’t you stop them?”

He forced a smile and shook softly, “No, dear. I’ve promised to pretend not to remember her.” Miyu understood, he was referring to whom. Her, Lee Yunshi. “Are you hungry? I can make caramel macchiato for you. Anything do you want?” He pretended not to know his wife and now, he acted like a brave man in the love story. How pathetic.

 

“I want Omma! I don’t want your caramel macchiato! I want her. I want my mother, Lee Yunshi! Don’t you understand me?!” she stomped her foot, shouting in pain and aching heart, hitting her daddy’s stomach. And begging for something she should have.

Myungsoo shut his eyes, holding the warm liquid from flowing out. So, that was it. His brother had remembered everything. That was the major problem, where a little girl was losing her mother and a husband who was losing his wife. That was the matter Sunggyu kept alone. His jaw clenched. Then, he grabbed his wallet on his desk and stormed out from the house.

 

Their eyes met when Myungsoo slipped in his sandals. The younger face hardened. “I admitted that I disliked Yunshi Noona before, because she separated us when I only had you in this world after our parents left us. But I was wrong. I shouldn’t judge people by the cover. And I shouldn’t take advantage by hiding your pasts when you involve in the accident.” He glanced at Miyu, who was sobbing, hiding her face in between her knees. “But after I knew her, I like her, as my sister-in-law. So yeah. Now, do you hate me, Hyung?”

Sunggyu blinked. He wondered, why there was so much people who lied to be saved when the truth, they could never be saved when they lied. “I didn’t hate you. I’m just, disappointed of-”

 

“That is it, Kim Sunggyu! You are too nice with people.” Myungsoo had forgotten the word ‘respect’. “You know what? You shouldn’t forgive me. You should never forgive that woman. And you should never let Yunshi Noona go, because kindness is something you must do to the right people, and the right time.” With that, he went out, disappeared in a blink of an eye.

 

- - - - - - -

 

 

Everyone in the small room gasped. Obviously, gasping of something their eyes caught. They simply couldn’t believe that they were staring at a goddess with a white gown hanging on all over her petite body. She was very beautiful.Yes, the bride.

Kyunshi, the elder immediately approached her little sister, Yunshi, who lips were trembling in nervousness as all eyes were set on her. Who wouldn’t be nervous? The older flashed her with a very warm smile and hugged her. “You… You are beautiful, Yunshi-yah. You are.” She whispered softly while patting the younger back. “Daehyun must be stunned of your beauty.”

 

In the lovely embrace, Yunshi could feel her sister tears fell down and accidentally landed on her bare shoulder. She swallowed hard. She was about to reply her sister’s words, when suddenly their beloved mother appeared from the crowd.

 

“Stop with the drama, Kyunshi,” she joked and the whole room was echoed with laughters of happiness.

The sisters began to pull away from each other arms. Kyunshi pouted. “I’m going to miss her. She’s the only baby I have, Omma.”

Mrs. Lee shook her head, totally amused seeing how deep her daughters’ love toward each other. “I know.” She chuckled and pulled Kyunshi's arm, dragging her away. “All right. I think it will be very nice if everyone waits for my pretty daughter outside of this room. I can see that she is nervous.” The old woman winked at her youngest daughter.

 

Yunshi’s lips curved up, beautifully. Mother knows the best, she said. The people in the small room, which most of them were a woman, whined as a sign of protest. But they understood Yunshi’s condition.

They went out one by one, congratulating her, showering her with praises and praying for her happiness with her future husband.

 

Later, she was left alone with her best friends, Dasom. Dasom was in charge of the make over on her. Slowly, she let out a heavy sigh. A long and heavy one. It wasn’t a sigh of nervous. But something else. Something that distracted her mind so much.

 

“Oh, girl! In my opinion, you freaking don’t need any make-ups. You’re stunning-”

Yunshi cut off her incomplete sentence. “Am I?” Her head was lowered down and her voice, it cracked.

Dasom became speechless. “Y-Yah. Yah, Lee Yunshi. Why?”

 

In slow motion, she looked up, staring at her own reflection through the clear mirror in front of her. The best friend’s eyes widened at the sight of the bride. “Yah! Why are you crying? Oh, woman! You’re going to make your eyes swell.” She quickly applied some foundation under her eyes, hiding away her ugly swollen eyes.

 

Yunshi abruptly got up, startling Dasom.

 

Her tears were still rolling down, kissing her soft cheeks. “Dasom-ah, mianhe.”

 

- - - - - - - 

 

The handsome groom kept looking around. His eyes were wandering everywhere, searching for his bride. The people in the church began whispering among themselves. They certainly were curious of the bride lateness. She shouldn’t be late. If she were late for a few minutes, that was still forgivable. But it almost reached an hour. What happened?

 

As his eyes were travelling wildly, Yunshi’s best friend turned up. Dasom’s presence making all the souls who were just now playing with the riddles in their heads, turned, gazing at her. The Priest was even looking at her. His forehead furrowed, like he could sense something. Something unpleasant.

 

For a couple seconds, their eyes were locked on each other.

 

“Mianhe. Yunshi said, mianhe.” Her eyes. They were shining, in pain.

 

That one sentence. It was more than enough to explain everything. It was enough to shatter his heart, his world. And his life. That one sentence was enough to say…

 

She would never return to him.
She would never spill her vow.

 

 

What would happen?
Day 29

_______________________________________________________________________________

 
Omo. I think, I was too immeresed writing this chappie
that somehow my mother said, I looked so miserable. lol XD
How was it? It has been quite a long time I didn't leave an author's note.
So, how's it? Sad? Dumbfounded? Speechless?
don't forget to comment okay, dear? ^^
Thank you for reading this story.