The Bond

29 Days Before

 

Sunggyu was busy noting some important notes when suddenly the doorbell of his house rang. It made him slightly jumped a little. He sighed and lazily got up from his couch, walking to the door. He looked at the screen and was speechless. Lee Yunshi? What is she doing here? He started to perspire.

 

“Hyung. Who’s there?” Myungsoo closed the door of his room behind him while gazing at the older. He fell silent. The both of them were actually silent for a few seconds. And the bell rang continuously. “Hyung, just open the door. It’s noisy and I’m studying.” Myungsoo let out a frustrated sigh and went into his room back.

 

He was still numb but finally, gained his strength to hold the door-knob and twisted it.

There she was, with her endless bright smile. “Annyeonghasaeyo, Sunggyu-sshi! Look what I bought?” A plastic container of porridge. It looked yummy enough and he hadn’t eat since morning.

The forehead of his furrowed. “What are you doing here? Who told you I live here?”

“Eh, you’re so unfriendly. You must forget that Hyera Unnie went to her mother funeral and the boutique is closed for a day. She asked me to come over your house and she said, if you gave another excuses, she was going to-”

 

He cut off. “Come in.” He sighed and opened the door wider.

“Oh, wait! Actually, I brought my niece together with me. Can you let her in too?”

Sunggyu rubbed his temple, softly. “Like I have any choice?”

 

Yunshi chuckled and handed the porridge to him. She quickly ran downstairs where she parked her car and get her little niece. Miyu, on the other hand kept grumbling that she was lazy to come in and bla bla bla. But like Sunggyu’s situation, Miyu was left with no choice.

 

“Sunggyu-sshi!” Sunggyu looked up and stared at her for a second before his eyes fell on the little girl beside her. He softened. She was so cute. “This is my niece. Her name is Kim Miyu and- Oh, wait! Miyu, did you bring my phone together with you?”

Miyu blinked, innocently. “Why should I?”

Her jaw dropped. “W-Why should you?? Oh my goodness. You’re the one who played my cell phone. Ah, gwenchana! I’ll take it. Just, stay with Sunggyu Oppa and do not create any problem or-”

“Or I’ll be punished,” she continued her word.

“Good. I’ll go.” She began her step and this time, she took the elevator instead. She wasn’t in rush like how she was going to get Miyu who waited in the car alone.

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat, gaining the little girl’s attention. “Don’t want to come in, Miyu?” The little girl just nodded and followed him inside the house. “Have a seat. Well, would you like a cup of Caramel Macchiato? Because kids usually like it.”

 

- - - - - - -

 

 

“Luckily Noona brought us some foods or I’ll be dead because of starving,” Myungsoo said, with his full mouth. It may look inappropriate but for Yunshi, it felt like they were close in that way. It felt like they’d known for a long time when actually they had only been introduced with each other a few minutes before. “Miyu, Oppa have a lot of cooking game in cell phone. Do you want to join Oppa later?”

 

Yunshi shifted her gaze at Miyu and at the same time, Miyu looked at her. Her round eyes were seeking for a permission from the older. Like a little girl pleading at her mother to play with her friends. And Yunshi nodded a bit. Of course, she would let she played together with the friendly Myungsoo.

 

Later, the both Miyu and Myungsoo went into his room. Yunshi and Sunggyu were left alone. She glanced at him who was sipping his Caramel Macchiato, calmly. “You do like that drink too?”

He swallowed the sweet liquid and stared at her. He smiled. “Yes. Why?”

She was dumbfounded, like she had forgot what she was going to say just now. It was because, he smiled. “A-Aniyo. Haha.” Awkward. “Just, Miyu likes it very much when actually it’s too sweet. Not good for her.” She pouted.

 

“You care about her a lot.”

Yunshi’s lips curved, forming a sweet smile. “She’s the only niece I have. Certainly, I care about her.” She rested her chin on her palm and her eyes were fixed on Sunggyu, making the hamster-look guy shifted uncomfortably. “Miyu is an adorable kid, isn’t she? You would feel very warm when she’s around, wouldn’t you?”

“Yes, I feel warm with her around.” He was staring exactly in her eyes, sending thousand feelings. But, he quickly got a grip on himself. “Well, let’s fix your gown.” He got up from his wooden chair and headed to his room, which was opposite to Myungsoo.

 

He then came back with a white-cream wedding gown on his hands. He set it properly on the couch and went back to his room, taking his sewing equipments. Yunshi went to the couch and her tip of fingers were softly touching it. In lesser than a month, she would wear this and spoke her vow in front of the God. She couldn’t believe the time ran so fast.

 

Her thought was snapped when a pair of arm slipped around her waist from the back, hugging her. She became startled and her eyes were opened widely. She tried to turn around but he forbade her.

“Don’t move,” Sunggyu whispered, on her pinna softly.

“Sunggyu-sshi, w-what are you doing?” She stumbled on her words.

 

60 seconds past. He released her petite body and immediately wrote something on his notebook. “Aniya. I’m just measuring your waist part which you said were too small.”

Yunshi was still froze. “W-Why don’t you use the-”

“I left it in the boutique.” He smiled, again. “Well, your gown will be ready, tomorrow. So, would you like to have a walk around my neighbourhood?” He offered.

And this time, her eyes rounded. She sniffed. “What have gotten into you? You’re all of sudden become so friendly.”

“Then, you want me to be cold?”

 

- - - - - - - 

 

 

Sunggyu and Yunshi had a seat on a wooden bench near the playground while watching the little sunshine played happily. Myungsoo refused to join as his friends came to have a study group together.

 

Flowers around them began to bloom again. Creating a beautiful scenery later on. Just wait.

 

“Miyu, watch your step! Aigoo this little girl.” Yunshi bit her bottom lip while Sunggyu was gazing her side facial. “Yah, Kim Miyu!” Again, she shouted for her name and the kids who were around, gave her a weird look.

Sunggyu laughed secretly. “She’s a big girl. She knows how to take care of herself.”

“Yes,” she answered, shortly. Behind the short answer she gave, she was still embarrassed about the incident that happened just now. Where, Sunggyu hugged her from behind. A back-hug.

 

The handsome guy looked up and stared at the blue sky. The clouds were hanging, beautifully. “Do you know, I was a married man?”

In a trice, she turned her head, eying him, bewildered and surprise. Probably. “What?! Then, your wife- Oh, no! She’ll be mad if she found out that you hugged me! She’ll be upset.” There Yunshi, always over-reacting.

He let out a long sigh. “I WAS a married man.” He purposely emphasized the ‘was’ word and she blinked. But then, she gave him a sheepish smile. Pabo.

“I see. And, I’m sorry if I sound rude. But why are you telling me?”

“Because looking at you, it reminds me of her. Her petite body, her black hair, her brown eyes. The first time I saw you, I thought you’re the doppelganger of her,” he answered, still staring at the sky. He refused to meet her eyes. He was too afraid, that the unwanted feeling grew inside.

“Where’s she?” Yunshi brace up herself to ask.

Finally, he shifted his gaze towards her. Their gazes were locked on each other. “She hated me because she thought I cheated on her. She… She is near yet so far to be reached. She must have forgotten me. I am a dark past for her.”

 

Yunshi’s lips were parted to reply him when suddenly, Miyu hugged her, startling her.

 

“Imo!” She beamed and buried her face on her stomach. “Imo, I’m already tired. Let’s go back home.” She pulled her aunt wrist and whined. Yunshi gave in and got up from her seat. She ruffled the younger’s hair and began to walk. Sunggyu then walked together with them with a wide smile on his face.

 

As they reached at the parking section of Sunggyu’s apartment, Yunshi unlocked the car door by pressing the button on the key. She turned around and chuckled softly as her eyes landed on the two creatures behind her. Miyu and Sunggyu were hugging each other although they just knew for a day. Or maybe, lesser.

 

Sunggyu embraced the little girl tightly, refused to let her go. “I know you weren’t dead.”

He held himself from being too emotional. “Who said I was dead?” he playfully asked.

 

On the other hand, Yunshi was looking at them, attentively while wondering of the things they were talking about. They really looked like a daughter and a father. Little did she miss, they really were. She leaned against her car, waiting patiently with a smile.

 

“Take care of your Omma for me. Arasso, sweetie?”

Miyu nodded. “Arasso… appa.

 

 

Appa?
Day 12

_______________________________________________________________________________

Your riddles had been answered and the chapter is kinda long! :D
Shock? Curious? kekeke. Read moreeee~ XD
Btw, thanks for reading and don't forget to COMMENT.
Kamsa hamida. ^^